Is a High Quality Loss Acceptable

DFITZ1

I've seen too many Bills wins squandered in the last minutes to accept a "quality loss". Some may say we played well, but as of going up 11 points, we were suppose to win this game, and losing, even in a quality manner is just not acceptable, if we want to make the playoffs. Quality Losses = Mediocrity and golf in January.

You may disagree with me, but too many bonehead game mangement mistakes have turned wins into quality losses, and that falls on head coach. That's my reason for canning Jauron as soon as possible. It doesn't matter who the players are, this team will lose more than it wins.

Just looking at Monday Night Games. That's three years in a row, each worse than the previous one. All under Jauron. Good teams win by the third time, heck the 2nd time. First one was supposed to be a learning experience and a character builder yet they keep doing the same stupid things over and over. Bad teams lose just like the Bills did tonight. No such thing as a quality loss. A loss is a loss is a loss and stuff like what happened tonight shouldn't happen after three years. Unfortunatley, as long as Jauron is the head coach it will continue to happen and the Bills will continue to be losers. I'd almost rather see a blowout. That way everyone would have said that's what was supposed to happen. To be up by 11 with 5 minutes left and find a way to lose is beyond excusable. I say it's a fireable offense this time around. Dick must go or it's yet another wasted season.

Just looking at Monday Night Games. That's three years in a row, each worse than the previous one. All under Jauron. Good teams win by the third time, heck the 2nd time.

I've criticized Jauron as much as anyone, but you can't lay this one on him. There was no horrible play calling down the stretch like in the games last year. The team was ready to play and did play very well. The fumble killed them in the end, simple as that. McKelvin has got to be more aware of the need to get on the ground.

I've criticize Jauron as much as anyone, but you can't lay this one on him. There was no horrible play calling down the stretch like in the games last year. The team was ready to play and did play very well. The fumble killed them in the end, simple as that. McKelvin has got to be more aware of the need to get on the ground.

And who is responsible for instilling that awareness in a player?

I've seen too many Bills wins squandered in the last minutes to accept a "quality loss". Some may say we played well, but as of going up 11 points, we were suppose to win this game, and losing, even in a quality manner is just not acceptable, if we want to make the playoffs. Quality Losses = Mediocrity and golf in January.

You may disagree with me, but too many bonehead game mangement mistakes have turned wins into quality losses, and that falls on head coach. That's my reason for canning Jauron as soon as possible. It doesn't matter who the players are, this team will lose more than it wins.

We were supposed to lose by 10.5 points...... STFU or get TFO this board...... we dont need you here!

Well...that would be Bobby April, who everyone on this board thinks should be Sainted.

Special teams were terrible all night.

Agreed. April's reputation is in trouble, now that they changed the rules on the wedge, and his guys are severely undisciplined. But the Head Coach needs to be your Chessmaster, not your ST Coach, and HE needs to, for God's sake, at SOME POINT, be held responsible by the ever-growing last-minute !@#$-UPS by his assistants and players. This is so far beyond stupid now.

Agreed. April's reputation is in trouble, now that they changed the rules on the wedge, and his guys are severely undisciplined. But the Head Coach needs to be your Chessmaster, not your ST Coach, and HE needs to, for God's sake, at SOME POINT, be held responsible by the ever-growing last-minute !@#$-UPS by his assistants and players. This is so far beyond stupid now.

I think we've held him plenty responsible and think you have to give credit when due. They made the gutsy decision to change OC ten days ago and that sure seems to have been the right move. The Bills were ready to play tonight and were in position to win the game. This wasn't a case of 'playing not to lose'. It was McKelvin's f---up. He's a pro football player who shouldn't need to be told "protect the ball in the last minute of the game". Every kid in pee wee football knows that.

There's no need for that, the reason we have this board is so that people can express how they feel about the Bills. We don't need you telling anyone to STFU...

They played their hearts out against the "Super Bowl Favroites" and I for one am proud of their performance and refuse to wallow in self pity

I think we've held him plenty responsible and think you have to give credit when due. They made the gutsy decision to change OC ten days ago and that sure seems to have been the right move. The Bills were ready to play tonight and were in position to win the game. This wasn't a case of 'playing not to lose'. It was McKelvin's f---up. He's a pro football player who shouldn't need to be told "protect the ball in the last minute of the game". Every kid in pee wee football knows that.

I disagree. If they told him to take it out, then they did so because they were afraid of the Pats* having an extra time-out, and all that means is, they were scared. You know when I knew we were going to hand the Pats* the game? When we went up 24-13, and they panned the Bills sidelines, and Dickie J was seen biting his nails and scowling, like it was HIS team that had an uphill battle to wage in the last 5 minutes. And sure enough, the rest of his team followed suit and started playing scared, undisciplined, and defeated. The guy is a pariah.

I disagree. If they told him to take it out, then they did so because they were afraid of the Pats* having an extra time-out, and all that means is, they were scared. You know when I knew we were going to hand the Pats* the game? When we went up 24-13, and they panned the Bills sidelines, and Dickie J was seen biting his nails and scowling, like it was HIS team that had an uphill battle to wage in the last 5 minutes. And sure enough, the rest of his team followed suit and started playing scared, undisciplined, and defeated. The guy is a pariah.

I agree with you. The game situation called for the team to protect the ball and burn NE's timeouts. If they managed a first down, the game is just about over. If not, NE gets the ball back on their 35 with 1 timeout and about 1:35 left, needing a TD.

You have to have confidence in your defense to win in that situation.

Anyone who blames the Bills loss on "coaching," or else tries to pin the McKelvin fumble on "coaching" is a f-cking idiot.

The best kick returner in the NFL in 2008 doesn't f-cking need "coaching" to know when to bring the ball out and when not.

It's called accountability, and in this case, McKelvin screwed the pooch.

If you want to "blame" this game on someone, look at Demetrius Bell and his numerous third-down-should-be-first-down-killing penalties. Look then to McKelvin and his bone-head decision to run that ball out.

But if you decide that "coaching" was the problem, you're f-cking retarded.

I agree with you. The game situation called for the team to protect the ball and burn NE's timeouts. If they managed a first down, the game is just about over. If not, NE gets the ball back on their 35 with 1 timeout and about 1:35 left, needing a TD.

You have to have confidence in your defense to win in that situation.

Yikes...I had no confidence in the D at that stage of the game. They had been on the field all night.

Getting the clock under 2:00 so that the Pats* needed to burn all 3 TOs was important IMO. I don't mind him running the ball out, I mind him not having both hands wrapped around the ball before he made contact with anyone.

Yikes...I had no confidence in the D at that stage of the game. They had been on the field all night.

Getting the clock under 2:00 so that the Pats* needed to burn all 3 TOs was important IMO. I don't mind him running the ball out, I mind him not having both hands wrapped around the ball before he made contact with anyone.

If the regular blocking unit was out there, sure. But not with the hands team out there.