why is it not okay to blame McKelvin?

Schobel94

Sorry, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. If you are, like I said, Leodis's fumble was a turning point. The D hangs on and keeps the Pats from scoring and the Bills win, The offence drives down the field with 50 seconds left and they kick a FG the Bills win. The game was still winable when the fumble happened, and the Bills still had the lead.

like i said in my original post, i don't hate him and i am not screaming to cut him, i just think he needs to know that he screwed up and as long as he learns from it and comes out with fire in his stomach, than i have no problems.

but come on, good teams make stops, yeah okay, lets put a defense with a 2nd string linebacker on a short field and see if they can stop them. it wasn't like they were in the redzone and we could cover the recievers better, they scored from 20 yards out on each of those two touchdowns

if it's clear cut like this, where the game is undoubtedly in his hands

and he completely blows it

then i think it's okay to blame him. i still want him on my team though, i think he's a great young player who unfortunately learned a tough lesson at all our expense

agreed 100%

why is it so hard to grasp the concept of a turnover. we TURNED it OVER on a short field. now had we not TURNED it OVER we would have won the game...you get it now?

class dismissed i need to go over the lesson plan for the 1st graders now.

Had the D kept the Pats out of the end zone on either of the last 2 drives the Bills win. Had Edwards moved the Bills down field into FG range the Bills win. Had numerous other mistakes (dropped passes, drive killing penalties) not been made earlier the game might not have even been within reach.

How hard is that to understand?

NM, go back to your simplistic view that it's all McKelvin's fault if that makes you feel better.

like i said in my original post, i don't hate him and i am not screaming to cut him, i just think he needs to know that he screwed up and as long as he learns from it and comes out with fire in his stomach, than i have no problems.

but come on, good teams make stops, yeah okay, lets put a defense with a 2nd string linebacker on a short field and see if they can stop them. it wasn't like they were in the redzone and we could cover the recievers better, they scored from 20 yards out on each of those two touchdowns

You are right, good teams make stops, no excuses. If youa re going to make an excuse because of injuries, you can't blame McKelvin for fumbling because you are basically laying blame on Poz and kelsay (a uy who sucks so bad everyone wanted him cut with Denney) being hurt.

I'm not saying McKelvin is not partially at fault for the loss, his fumble didn't help, but the team still had a chance to win after that play and they couldn't do it against arguably one of the best QB's in the game, and a team thats a yearly SB favorite

Had the D kept the Pats out of the end zone on either of the last 2 drives the Bills win. Had Edwards moved the Bills down field into FG range the Bills win. Had numerous other mistakes (dropped passes, drive killing penalties) not been made earlier the game might not have even been within reach.

How hard is that to understand?

NM, go back to your simplistic view that it's all McKelvin's fault if that makes you feel better.

had McKelvin not fumbled the bills win.

see i can play this game too!

You are right, good teams make stops, no excuses. If youa re going to make an excuse because of injuries, you can't blame McKelvin for fumbling because you are basically laying blame on Poz and kelsay (a uy who sucks so bad everyone wanted him cut with Denney) being hurt.

I'm not saying McKelvin is not partially at fault for the loss, his fumble didn't help, but the team still had a chance to win after that play and they couldn't do it against arguably one of the best QB's in the game, and a team thats a yearly SB favorite

im not mad that they lost, im mad at how they lost. we should have never needed to drive down the field in the first place, the patriots gave the game to us by kicking off and we gave it right back to them

had McKelvin not fumbled the bills win.

see i can play this game too!

Yep, that's one of the plays - which proves the point that it's not all Mckelvin's fault. Other players made mistakes that contributed to the loss.

Of course, the pats still had 3 time outs and the Bills needed to get a first down otherwise Brady was going to get another shot - so it still wasn't a given the Bills win if he doesn't fumble (if it was that much of a certainty the Pats would not have kicked it deep, they would have gone for the onside kick...)

Yep, that's one of the plays - which proves the point that it's not all Mckelvin's fault. Other players made mistakes that contributed to the loss.

Of course, the pats still had 3 time outs and the Bills needed to get a first down otherwise Brady was going to get another shot - so it still wasn't a given the Bills win if he doesn't fumble (if it was that much of a certainty the Pats would not have kicked it deep, they would have gone for the onside kick...)

it wasn't a given that the bill wouldn't have picked up the first down, i would take our offense against the patriots defense any day rather than the other way around.

other players definately made mistakes but mckelvins was the worst of them all and AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME.

correct me if im wrong but i thought mckelvin played defense? and your honestly referencing plays from the first quarter? thats a convincing argument.

I suppose they could always rewrite the rules for football. If a team scores a TD in the first quarter, the refs could say, "Well, that's not overly impressive. The teams are still getting warmed up, so let's only count that TD as 3 points." If a team scores a TD in the fourth quarter, the refs could say, "Man! That team got it done in crunch time. That TD is worth a good 10 points, easy. And we'll award 14 points for any TD scored in the final two minutes."

However, under the rules set presently in place, a TD scored in the first quarter has just as much of an effect on the final score as a TD scored late in the fourth. Put another way, a team like the Patriots will only give you so many opportunities to score points over the course of a game. You need to take advantage of as many of those opportunities as possible--regardless of when they occur--to maximize your odds of coming away with a win. TO's dropped pass cost the Bills one of those opportunities. I don't think that the dropped pass hurt the Bills as much as the fumble did. But it was still painful.

I totally agree with the original poster. In a game this close, you can point to any number of factors which might be decisive.

But McKelvin had the ballgame in his hands and he coughed it up. To me this is the first thing that you point to when you come up with reasons we lost.

He had a decision whether to return the ball or take a touchback. He was not clear on the rules. He made the decision to bring the ball out. Then once he committed to returning the kickoff he needed to protect the ball. But he didn't. He stupidly fought for extra (meaningless) yards and coughed up the ballgame. Because of two consecutive mental lapses.

It was like when JP rolled out with the ball last year. He could throw the ball away or he could eat it...but the one thing he couldn't do was to allow himself to get stripped and that's exactly what he did.

I don't hold grudges and I hope that sometime this season, Leodis wins us a game that we deserve to lose.

Because tonight he lost us a game that we deserved to win.

Guest dog14787
the refs sucked and bell had too many costly penalties...definately does contribute, but make no mistake WE LOST THIS GAME BECAUSE OF MCKELVIN!

why is it not okay to blame him, its not like i'm going to hold it against him forever, i know how much talent he has and i know the he never meant to fumble but the fact still remains...he did fumble. I would rather he know that he was the reason we lost this game and learn from it. nobody wants to feel like he does right now and i want him to remember that for next time. nobody is gonna hold a grudge(at least not 48 hours from now) and i certainly don't hate him. he needs to take responsibility for his screw up and not buy into "were a team crap". when you mess up like that you need to challange yourself to not do it again and come out of the situation with something.

for the record i blame McKelvin. he was trying to make a play, just at the wrong time. i'm not gonna sit here and convince myself, "well if we did this at this point we never would have been in that situation" and i'm not gonna baby McKelvin either, but what he, and everyone else needs to realize is that its over and done with. play harder next week and you redeem yourself in my mind.

He messed up, one play one game. get over it and move on.

I damn sure blame him because it was a bone headed fumble that cost the whole football team a win :rolleyes:

but our defense also played a whale of a ball game and McKelvin was part of that defense.