So, if Scott Peterson is acquitted in one hour

Will he immediately hire O.J.'s crack detective team to find the real killer?

114779[/snapback]

Nope. Criminal case, so all the defense could do is jury shopping. It is dismaying to the legal "profession", because unlike civil litigation, they can't shop for judges or take the case to Mississippi.

Poor, poor lawyers - how unfair to reduce the $$$ cut. So sad...:blink:

Nope. Criminal case, so all the defense could do is jury shopping. It is dismaying to the legal "profession", because unlike civil litigation, they can't shop for judges or take the case to Mississippi.

Poor, poor lawyers - how unfair to reduce the $$$ cut.  So sad...:blink:

114815[/snapback]

I just meant that he would be and must be so distraught that this other murderer killed his lovely wife and unborn child and then tried to frame him. Legalities be damned! He would not sleep until the rightful killer be found and his good name cleared!

Will he immediately hire O.J.'s crack detective team to find the real killer?

114779[/snapback]

There is a silver lining if he is acquitted.

It will mean the term "reasonable doubt" has been redefined in a profound way.

Using this new definition, the Bills might be 3-1 in Super Bowls.

I just meant that he would be and must be so distraught that this other murderer killed his lovely wife and unborn child and then tried to frame him. Legalities be damned! He would not sleep until the rightful killer be found and his good name cleared!

114822[/snapback]

Please God no! He'll put up a web site to cash in on his "sorrow"!.

Funny...they declared him guilty of second degree murder of their UNBORN BABY.

:blink:

114918[/snapback]

We know your stance on this and I can understand why you would say this. Personally, I think it's cheap and unrelated, although I am leaving right now for the rest of the day and can't get into the debate why. I am sure you know the reason why I would think that and think it's total bullschitt. That's okay, because I think you're reasoning on this is just as much bullschitt. :D

But what I do want to say, is what kind of circus would that particular element of this story have been if Laci Peterson had just found out she was pregnant, it was in its very first stages, and she was planning on having a legal abortion just before the murder happened. Man, that would have been ugly.