Tomlin knows what football is all about

Niagara Bill

in an on-field interview, when asked what he told the team to get them ready for the game, Mike Tomlin stated that this is a violent game and he reminded his team of that fact all week and his team was ready to play

Jauron would have said that his team had studied the film and playbook and would be prepared to recognize what would be required blah blah blah

point is Jauron forgets that football is about being physical before you can use yur head. A smart player who is not physical will lose to a physical player every day. Jauron NEVER has his team physically ready to play a violent game.

that is why the fans love Beast Mode because Lynch is always physical.

Marv was smart but knew that you need emotion and physicality to win. Jauron takes the physical aspect out of every player

Witner was a physical player when he was draft

Poz was a physical player when he was drafted. Now he talks about angles and reads and space and never talks about hitting.

Can you imagine Darryl Talley talking such crap,

Can you imagine Spielman talking such crap

Jauron has got to go before he destroys football in Buffalo.

DJ is way too cerebral for me, but for what it's worth, I think that they drafted some toughness on the lines, T.O. is hardly a shrinking violet, and ditching Langston 'I need a' Walker helps. DJ might not fire up the troops and Edwards might lack the 'swagga' of Kelly (or Losman!), but I'm pretty curious to see how this season plays out. If the last two weeks have proven something, it's that everyone's a** is on the line. I hope!

I feel the same way. We need a coach with both nuts.

I like Jauron. He teaches the fundamentals of the game, and his players dont make stupid mistakes. But the truth is that they dont play hard for him, and that is the most important thing.

I like Jauron. He teaches the fundamentals of the game, and his players dont make stupid mistakes. But the truth is that they dont play hard for him, and that is the most important thing.

I remember the talk was how hard the players did play for good ol' Gregg Williams during his three infamous seasons here to begin the decade. I believe his 3 year record was 17-29-0. So much for "playing hard for your coach" being the most important thing, eh? :flirt:

In football, despite how violent it is, the most important thing is the same as in every other organized sport played, the champions every season of every sport is the one team of that sport, that has the best mixture of talent and desire. The best coaching in the world takes teams nowhere without that special mix.

DJ is way too cerebral for me, but for what it's worth, I think that they drafted some toughness on the lines, T.O. is hardly a shrinking violet, and ditching Langston 'I need a' Walker helps. DJ might not fire up the troops and Edwards might lack the 'swagga' of Kelly (or Losman!), but I'm pretty curious to see how this season plays out. If the last two weeks have proven something, it's that everyone's a** is on the line. I hope!

Mike Tomlin has two seasons in this league, yet he combines intelligence with intensity. When he talked about violence, I think most Bills fans watching instantly thought of their unemotional and distant HC.

DJ is a nice guy, but he strains in press conferences and guards what he says. Even though he went to Yale, I'm don't think his football IQ is that high.

Tomlin also shows that you don't need to spend big money on a HC who can get results. He definitely inherited a good team, but he also didn't tell Dick LeBeau to run a T2. Whomever searched for a HC in the wake of Cowher's departure got it correct. Front offices are the ones finding the coaches and players. If they're not good, it's a wing and a prayer to have a successful franchise.

in an on-field interview, when asked what he told the team to get them ready for the game, Mike Tomlin stated that this is a violent game and he reminded his team of that fact all week and his team was ready to play

Jauron would have said that his team had studied the film and playbook and would be prepared to recognize what would be required blah blah blah

point is Jauron forgets that football is about being physical before you can use yur head. A smart player who is not physical will lose to a physical player every day. Jauron NEVER has his team physically ready to play a violent game.

that is why the fans love Beast Mode because Lynch is always physical.

Marv was smart but knew that you need emotion and physicality to win. Jauron takes the physical aspect out of every player

Witner was a physical player when he was draft

Poz was a physical player when he was drafted. Now he talks about angles and reads and space and never talks about hitting.

Can you imagine Darryl Talley talking such crap,

Can you imagine Spielman talking such crap

Jauron has got to go before he destroys football in Buffalo.

Troy Palamalu took himself out of the game because he forgot how violent the game is! How ironic, being that Troy is one of the hardest hitters and fastest defenders in the game today. Watch the replay of the fumble he tried to pick up and run with while there seemed like 22 other players diving for the ball at the same time. He bent down, tried to skoop the ball up and found himself with his legs spread too far apart half up and half down, and at that instant, 260 pound Alge Crumpler rolled up on top of one of his knees. :flirt:

All Troy needed to do in that situation, was what his coaches started teaching him to do in Pop Warner Football. Dive onto the football while rolling up into the fetal position, protecting your knees and elbows, while still recovering the fumble for your offense!! Very stupid move by a super star safety. There were way too many bodies all around him to think he had a prayer of scooping the ball up and running anywhere with it.

So sure, football is a violent game and the Steelers play more violently then most teams. But you have to be smart in order to survive and get up to play the next play, too!!

After 16 years I gave up my seasons tickets this year because I could no longer stand to watch a team with so little emotion. When Jauron could not even get angry at the officials in the Pats game at half time when we got ripped by the refs failure to allow a time out, and 70,000 fans started booing Jauron I thought how can a man coach a football team to play with emotion (and brains etc etc) when he is not capable of emotion.

Marv was a smart educated man but famous for his emotions on the sidelines, Tomlin, Cowher, Belichek, Coughlin, even Wade Phillips etc all show their emotion in a manner than shows their players they care. I believe the Bills players need to know how much the coach cares about winning.

He has now made his players into his image, unemotional, calm and thinking. No mistakes, but no drive as well.

:D