Maybin Confident About Monday Night

H2o

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...s++bring+it+on+

I hope he does get to Brady and get to him alot. We've seen the flashes of potential on the field already and he should get better the more he plays. I hope he gets a clear shot on that Tom because of a missed assignment or something and levels the guy. I don't hope Brady gets hurt, but I hope he gets rattled back there and starts looking for who's coming after him instead of picking us apart like usual.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Kelsay is still listed to start. :doh:

Don't get me wrong, I know it's because of Maybin's late arrival to camp, but look at what he did with that late arrival (2 games: 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble) and look at what Kelsay has done (0 in all categories) and frankly, I already know which guy needs to be the starter.

Aaron "Mayhem" Maybin will be the starting DE opposite Schobust by Game 2 at the LATEST.

Let's hope so, but we all know how Jauron likes to stick with his veterans. I've had all I can stand of Chris Kelsay.

kelsay, denney, all those chumps. honestly tired of seing everyone apply pressure on qbs except us. no wonder brady picks us apart. my grandma would pick us apart with the defense pressure we apply.

It's crazy to say but knowing our penchant for playing veterans over rookies I don't think Maybin would have started week 1 even if he made all of training camp. I could be wrong but even at draft time they were talking about just bringing in Maybin on obvious pass down situations.

I know I'm not the coach but I say make this guy the starter Week 1 on every down. Let this kid loose! Tell him his only job is to go after the QB EVERY play! If he meets the RB on the way so be it. LOL.

I've said it before, just cover him up with a line backer and/or a safety and let him do his thing.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...s++bring+it+on+

I hope he does get to Brady and get to him alot. We've seen the flashes of potential on the field already and he should get better the more he plays. I hope he gets a clear shot on that Tom because of a missed assignment or something and levels the guy. I don't hope Brady gets hurt, but I hope he gets rattled back there and starts looking for who's coming after him instead of picking us apart like usual.

MAYBIN IS DA sh-- !!! HE'S GONNA GET ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. AND HE'S GONNA ROCK DA sh-- OUT TOM "I WANNA BE ON ENTOURAGE" BRADY. LOL.

It's crazy to say but knowing our penchant for playing veterans over rookies I don't think Maybin would have started week 1 even if he made all of training camp. I could be wrong but even at draft time they were talking about just bringing in Maybin on obvious pass down situations.

I know I'm not the coach but I say make this guy the starter Week 1 on every down. Let this kid loose! Tell him his only job is to go after the QB EVERY play! If he meets the RB on the way so be it. LOL.

I've said it before, just cover him up with a line backer and/or a safety and let him do his thing.

What is the obvioius "pass down" situations against a team like New England? They will throw on 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd down. So I guess you have to play him the whole game. I think if Maybin is in there and you get some push up front in the middle we will be okay. But will he be and how often?

What is the obvioius "pass down" situations against a team like New England? They will throw on 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd down. So I guess you have to play him the whole game. I think if Maybin is in there and you get some push up front in the middle we will be okay. But will he be and how often?

Regarding New England I 100% agree. They pass more often than anyone and they have the balls to do it on 1st down! Word out of the coaching staff and front office was that Maybin would come in on obvious passing downs and be a situation pass rusher. Not my words. I assume what they mean by that is 3rd and long perhaps some 2nd and longer situations.

Well, this is funny. 1.5 months ago, everyone was down on RUSS BRANDON for drafting Maybin. Hhmmm. I don't see the same vibe on this thread (or others lately). That's why I joined, and that's why most of my input is negative (mainly towards fellow posters & repliers). Stupid people piss me off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... get off Brandon's case. He's doing a pretty God Damn fabulous job. ...especially, considering he has a coach, whom he did not choose, that has no emotion and cannot get out of textbook mode for gameday, and an owner whom WE all know so well for being 'Thrifty'. There won't be any tarps at the Ralph in '09. We have a good GM... one who bleeds crimson red and royal blue.

As a business owner, I shall also throw Ralph some credit- mainly for NOT overpaying for services that should not be overpaid for. Men who LOVE to play A GAME, should not be overpaid for playing A GAME. It's a F K ing game! It's not taking a bullet on war-torn front-line.

Oh, so it's entertainment (you say)... you gullible media-driven nit wit & psychologically nude can't-think-for-yoursefl twink... In that case, the pay should be even less. Entertainment is not an essential amino acid.

All you anti-Russ Brandon people get off the man's case. Let's hope Maybin doesn't mirror Jauron's intensity Monday Night.

does it matter if maybin starts or not? the bills play in waves - he'll get PLENTY of snaps....let's just hope he does something with them

You bring up a good point in that he will get in the game whether he starts or not. I think it goes without saying that if he starts he will get even MORE snaps is my point.

Of course this is based on my opinion that Maybin is better than Kelsay and Denney. In limited action I haven't yet seen him be a liability in the run game. I would like to see us use the philosophy that they use with QBs drafted in the top half of the first round. Throw them in the fire and let them learn on the fly!!! They'll play a promising, talented rookie QB over a known commodity veteran that may actually be a more complete QB at the time and gives your team a better chance to win in the short term.

The kid has the potential to be 10 times the play maker that the known commodities we currently have manning the right side on the defense are.

As a business owner, I shall also throw Ralph some credit- mainly for NOT overpaying for services that should not be overpaid for. Men who LOVE to play A GAME, should not be overpaid for playing A GAME. It's a F K ing game! It's not taking a bullet on war-torn front-line.

IT'S A BUSINESS FIRST! NEVER, NEVER FORGET THAT!!!!!

I believe that Maybin is the best pass rusher we have right now. Schobel is gonna benefit from Maybins presence more than we realize.

The reason he will get limited snaps is because he has been here only 2 weeks and he cant be in top football shape yet.

But 25 snaps would be fair because Brady and them are gonna throw the rock all night.

But Kelsay is still listed to start. :flirt:

Don't get me wrong, I know it's because of Maybin's late arrival to camp, but look at what he did with that late arrival (2 games: 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble) and look at what Kelsay has done (0 in all categories) and frankly, I already know which guy needs to be the starter.

Aaron "Mayhem" Maybin will be the starting DE opposite Schobust by Game 2 at the LATEST.

No way. This year, look for him to be in mostly on pass downs only.

He's a liability against the run right now, whereas Kelsay and Denney handle it pretty well. That's why you should expect to see Maybin as a situational guy. Which should help, because the average rookie DE wears down late in the season when he has played more games in one year than he ever has before.

Maybin should be spared that, and can probably put on a few pounds of weight in the off-season and get in pro-style physical shape and then maybe we'll see him as a full-timer.