Would the tone of the board be different

evanstoprobowl

I know things don't look good for the Bills. I think starting the season on Monday night against the Pats* has cranked up the despair felt by many fans. If this team played against a few teams with mediocre talent like the beginning of last year they might have a chance to gel. Playing this game first is a tough way to start the season. On the bright side if the Bills are competitive or some how win this board and all of the fans will switch their mood faster than my psycho ex-wife.

Guest dog14787
No, beating the patriots wouldn't be narly as good as beating the bengals. Can't wait for Monday, go bills

Can't you find something skinner(allot skinner) and still be respectable enough with your avatar, it saddens me to see you this way. :rolleyes:

Guest dog14787
I like opening up against the Pats* because at least we might know where the Bills stand at the end of Week 1. If they keep it close, we'll have some hope going forward. If it's a blowout, we'll know the Bills are still crappy and won't have any delusions of grandeur.

I completely disagree, if we can make 2-2 quarter way through the season we are right in the thick of things.

In case you didn't notice, the Buffalo Bills are not exactly hitting on all cylinders yet. A good football team can get slammed down by the Pats, even the teams we watched tonight.( Steelers/Titans)

[/b]

I completely disagree, if we can make 2-2 quarter way through the season we are right in the thick of things.

In case you didn't notice, the Buffalo Bills are not exactly hitting on all cylinders yet. A good football team can get slammed down by the Pats, even the teams we watched tonight.

Agree to disagree, then, because I like this frying-pan-into-the-fire situation for Week 1. The games mean something now, so let's see what the Bills have.

Guest dog14787
Agree to disagree, then, because I like this frying-pan-into-the-fire situation for Week 1. The games mean something now, so let's see what the Bills have.

Well, as a play caller you have it or you don't in my opinion and Turk Shonert clearly didn't have it.

Perhaps AVP does...

I know things don't look good for the Bills. I think starting the season on Monday night against the Pats* has cranked up the despair felt by many fans. If this team played against a few teams with mediocre talent like the beginning of last year they might have a chance to gel. Playing this game first is a tough way to start the season. On the bright side if the Bills are competitive or some how win this board and all of the fans will switch their mood faster than my psycho ex-wife.

YES!

If the Bucs came to Buffalo week 1, the outlook would be more optimistic.

Losing to the Bengals on MNF would be even more embarassing. :rolleyes:

The tone of the board would be different if the Bills coaching staff and front office had shown in the past the ability to field a winning team. After a decade of futility people remain skeptical about the Bills chances and - imo - rightfully so.

Cincinnati has a defense that may finally be playing up to snuff. They started to come 'round toward the end of last year and they added some pretty good talent to the mix. They may be better than people think this year. Time will tell.

DC Zimmer's done a decent job so far.

However, they are still cursed with their arch idiot OC Bob Bratkowski. In Bengal Land, poor results by a coach, never results in a change until the contract expires.

I amaze my wife several times during the season. She drifts by now and then when a game is on, and I lift up my hand and point at the screen. I say "Watch" - it's a sweep wide right. Bingo. Then I say watch, fly pattern left. Now Palmer's calling an audible. This will be off-tackle left. They're going for it on 4th and one now. It will be a deep hand-off right. Ball carrier gets tackled for a 3 yard loss. If they are down in the waning minutes, Palmer will reliably throw an interception deep right.

Marvin seems to have gotten better at telling time, at least in pre season. We shall see when the games are played for real marbles...