Paul Posluszny neck

Numark

Poz is becoming one of the better MLBs in the league, let's hope the added muscle helps him become a better player.

You must be a Bills scout! Kelsay, Whitner and now Poz? By your "assesment", the Bills D should rival the '85 Bears! Quit reading the Lancaster Pro Scout Guides and sit down and watch the games with someone who knows football!!! Poz is SLOW, he is not fluid whatsoever and he is terrible in space. He routinely overruns plays and rarely makes plays in the hole! Look at the other Cover 2 MLB's, Urlacher, Rudd, Henderson and Hackett. These guys can all run and most are great in pass coverage. The moment that the Bills coaches feel Nic Harris can play the run, Poz comes out on 3rd downs and long yardage situations and is a 2 down LB. MLB's in this system dont need muscle, they need wheels!

You must be a Bills scout! Kelsay, Whitner and now Poz? By your "assesment", the Bills D should rival the '85 Bears! Quit reading the Lancaster Pro Scout Guides and sit down and watch the games with someone who knows football!!! Poz is SLOW, he is not fluid whatsoever and he is terrible in space. He routinely overruns plays and rarely makes plays in the hole! Look at the other Cover 2 MLB's, Urlacher, Rudd, Henderson and Hackett. These guys can all run and most are great in pass coverage. The moment that the Bills coaches feel Nic Harris can play the run, Poz comes out on 3rd downs and long yardage situations and is a 2 down LB. MLB's in this system dont need muscle, they need wheels!

Seriously? I never said any of these players were HOF material, so stop putting words into my mouth... douche bag. Secondly, Poz is NOT slow. I could bring out the stats and quotes from NFL scouts, but you would discard them because you have superior talent evaluation skills to NFL scouts, right?

Seriously? I never said any of these players were HOF material, so stop putting words into my mouth... douche bag. Secondly, Poz is NOT slow. I could bring out the stats and quotes from NFL scouts, but you would discard them because you have superior talent evaluation skills to NFL scouts, right?

Combine 40 means Jack Sh*t. Brian Cox ran a 4.9 at the combine and he was a Pro Bowl player. Nic Harris ran a high 4.8 at the combine and he looks fast as hell on the field. WHitner ran a 4.4 and he doesn't play fast at all. It's how someone plays on the field. And Poz plays SLOW. He is stiff. He can't play in space. Go watch D Ryans, Mays, Urlacher, Henderson, B Scott, Crowder, Farrior, Lewis, Willis, Barnett, Fletcher, Morrison, DJ WIllimas, Hackett and tell me that Poz is even close to the caliber of those guys. I'm sure I'm leavin a few out too.

What?

Who's asinine opinion is that? Yours?

Buffalo's LBers are smaller and quick...perfect for the cover 2. They're not slow by NFL standards.

-The concept of this thread is Poz growing- Which contradicts your beloved cover 2.

-Take the 31 poster above your bed down. Its over.

-The brain trust was "shocked" Posluzny was there in rd 2. In '06 said folks passed on Cutler and Mangold for Whitner and McCargo respectively(don't forget Nagta).

-But hey, These guys know better than the masses, right?

I'm switching to ice water- keep chuggin the kool-aide friend.

'John Cocktosten'[/b] date='Sep 8 2009, 10:12 AM' post='1541705']

Two things I've been wondering:

1. Is that really your name?

2. If so, exactly how badly was it made fun of during your high school years? :unsure:

My real last name is Poon

I'll have a steak sandwich and .... a steak sandwich. Charge it to the Underhills.

Stats aside, I think we can all probably agree that Poz has been at least a bit of a letdown so far, but he's young, and injury obviously put him back a bit. Time to turn it around.

Stats aside, I think we can all probably agree that Poz has been at least a bit of a letdown so far, but he's young, and injury obviously put him back a bit. Time to turn it around.

Agreed. I'm not ready to rule him out yet. But I want him to show me more this year.

-The concept of this thread is Poz growing- Which contradicts your beloved cover 2.

-Take the 31 poster above your bed down. Its over.

-The brain trust was "shocked" Posluzny was there in rd 2. In '06 said folks passed on Cutler and Mangold for Whitner and McCargo respectively(don't forget Nagta).

-But hey, These guys know better than the masses, right?

I'm switching to ice water- keep chuggin the kool-aide friend.

What is over? Please explain how a 24 year old MLB in his second full season in the cover 2 has no future.

If you don't like the guy, come out and say "I don't like him".

Instead, you go on a Ralph Wilson style rambling about '06, Mangold, Whitner and kool-aide?

The bills passed on Cutler in '06 because they had a young QB already.

Not sure what the obsession with Ngata is. Is he a legit 4-3 DT or an over-sized 3-4 end?

McCargo is a garbage pick...no way around that.

In hindsight, Mangold was the pick in '06.

In hindsight, the Bills trade up for Ben Ro in '04 and the JP experiment is Pittsburgh's problem.

In hindsight, your dad pulls out and I'm spared from having this incoherent conversation.

John , I actually agree with some of your points on POZ (especially last season) though I think you've got a "book" on him in your head and refuse to see the possibility of change/ growth. This is the NFL and players develop here. There are millions of examples, like E Moulds who took 3 years, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed... Hell Kelly was an interception machine in the beginning and he even had some USFL seasoning between college and the NFL. POZ to me looks a lot more decisive and is not over-running plays as much from what I've seen so far this year. You rely too much on a "snapshot" of a player in my opinion.

John , I actually agree with some of your points on POZ (especially last season) though I think you've got a "book" on him in your head and refuse to see the possibility of change/ growth. This is the NFL and players develop here. There are millions of examples, like E Moulds who took 3 years, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed... Hell Kelly was an interception machine in the beginning and he even had some USFL seasoning between college and the NFL. POZ to me looks a lot more decisive and is not over-running plays as much from what I've seen so far this year. You rely too much on a "snapshot" of a player in my opinion.

Thats fair, but what you can't teach are functional speed, quickness and agility. Another thing that Poz is lacking IMO are instincts. Not to sound redundant but when does he ever make plays in the hole? Or make a play on the ball in the air? When you watch other MLB's, and there are a ton of very good ones out there, they do it all. I don't think Poz is horrible, but one of the posters said that he is on his way to being one of the better MLB's in the NFL. I actually think Poz is better suited for the 3-4 because he is physical at the POA, he's a good tackler and has some good size. But if we are going to continue to run this C2 I never see him being anything more than an average MLB. I hope i'm wrong.

Thats fair, but what you can't teach are functional speed, quickness and agility. Another thing that Poz is lacking IMO are instincts. Not to sound redundant but when does he ever make plays in the hole? Or make a play on the ball in the air? When you watch other MLB's, and there are a ton of very good ones out there, they do it all. I don't think Poz is horrible, but one of the posters said that he is on his way to being one of the better MLB's in the NFL. I actually think Poz is better suited for the 3-4 because he is physical at the POA, he's a good tackler and has some good size. But if we are going to continue to run this C2 I never see him being anything more than an average MLB. I hope i'm wrong.

I think the instincts are there in the run game... You're right though about his speed and he is a little awkward in the passing game. That won't get much better I presume. I think he can get to be a top 10 to 15 MLB if he stays healthy, even with his flaws. You know he's gonna work at it, that's for sure.

What kind of name is Poon?

Commanche Indian .... [Fast forward] By the way, who are you again? I'm Frieda's boss. Who's Frieda? My secretary.

We can only hope that this thread has inspired a few youngsters to seek out and enjoy the timeless masterpiece that is Fletch.

One of the best comedies of all time.

Dr. Joseph Dolan: So where do you know Alan from?

Fletch: We play tennis at the club.

Dr. Joseph Dolan: Really? California Racquet Club?

Fletch: Right.

Dr. Joseph Dolan: That's my club too. I don't remember seeing you there.

Fletch: Well, I haven't been playing in a while because of these kidney pains.

Dr. Joseph Dolan: Right. Now, how long have you had these pains, Mr. Barber?

Fletch: No, that's "Babar".

Dr. Joseph Dolan: Two B's?

Fletch: One B. B-A-B-A-R.

Dr. Joseph Dolan: That's two.

Fletch: Yeah, but not right next to each other. I thought that's what you meant.

Dr. Joseph Dolan: Arnold Babar. Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?

Fletch: I don't know. I don't have any.

Dr. Joseph Dolan: No children?

Fletch: No elephant books.

Fletch: I'm John.

Gail Stanwyk: Ohhhh, John.

[they laugh]

Gail Stanwyk: John who?

Fletch: John rooster... tos... ton.

Gail Stanwyk: That's a beautiful name.

Fletch: Well, it's Scotch/Romanian.

Gail Stanwyk: That's an odd combination.

Fletch: Yeah, well, so were my parents

Receptionist: May I help you Dr...?

Fletch: Oh, it's me, Dr. Rosenpenis. I'm just here to check out Alan Stanwyk's file.

Receptionist: Dr. who?

Fletch: Dr. Rosenrosen, I'm here to get to the records room.

Receptionist: What was that name again?

Fletch: It's Dr. Rosen, I want to check the records room.

Receptionist: Dr. who?

Fletch: Dr. Rosen. Where's the records room?