Bill Maher hit with Palimony suit

OnTheRocks

When I used to work at some of the top restaurants in LA I was "fortunate" enough to cook for many celebs.  In hindsite I wish I had taken notes on what they ate and how the presented themselves.  It would have made a good book.  One in particular.....Elizabeth Taylor in 1983..... :)

113865[/snapback]

Chef, not to get too far off topic, but where did you used to work in LA?

I picked up the Chasen's cookbook, primarily for their chili recipe. Apparently in 1962 when in Rome shooting "Cleopatra," Liz Taylor had Chasens ship her ten quarts of their chili. (And it's the best chili I've ever made.)

I know that, and that is why I rarely go to the movies and have been turned off of sports for quite some time now.  Yes, even the Bills.  That is why you don't see me over at TSW too often.  If I felt the same way you did about any comedian, there is no way they could get me to laugh.  But that's just me.

113771[/snapback]

It is an interesting issue, separating a person's personality or character from his job performance. I always laugh when they talk about a professional athlete being a "high character" guy as if that tranlates to performance on the field. Fans want winners and to a point, really don't care about character. Lawrence Taylor was and still is reprobate but he was the also perhaps the best LB in the history of the game. I would take him in his prime to be a Bill any day. I wouldn't want him as a friend or business partner though.

We like to think that there is a link between character and performance be it athletes or doctors but more often than not, that is simply not the case. It ought to be and it would be a better world if it were.

I like Bill Maher a lot as a comedian, even when I don't agree with him. And I think he is a pretty smart guy, and good at his job. I have, however, been at a couple parties with him (He's a good friend of a friend) in Hollyweird and he is an A-1 bona fide ass-hole, especially concerning, and to, women. he made me sick. I really detest him for that, and I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.

113750[/snapback]

Kelly,

Was he in the old movie "Body Double" with Melanie Griffith or was it just a guy that looked like him?

Kelly,

Was he in the old movie "Body Double" with Melanie Griffith or was it just a guy that looked like him?

114341[/snapback]

You're talking about Craig Wasson, who does, yes, unfortunately, look a bit like Maher. He has been in a couple dozen movies over the years, usually small parts, although he was pretty good in something called "Four Friends" in the 80s, and maybe a couple others.

Chef, not to get too far off topic, but where did you used to work in LA?

I picked up the Chasen's cookbook, primarily for their chili recipe. Apparently in 1962 when in Rome shooting "Cleopatra," Liz Taylor had Chasens ship her ten quarts of their chili. (And it's the best chili I've ever made.)

114262[/snapback]

I worked at several Hollywood hangouts. The most famous was Ma Maison, where Wolfgang Puck got his start. My favorite celeb was Orson Wells who used to come in almost every night. They'd sneak (if you can sneak a 300lb person) in through the kitchen. He had a table in the bar. I used to go out to the bar just to listen to him talk. Incredible voice.