Poor attitude's

If JW leaves, we are lesser for it. Guy was a good poster.

FWIW, anyone who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to flame another poster here -- regardless of their job description -- can leave right now. The way I see it, there's plenty of room for discussion and debate without descending into snipery.

And while John considers his options, I'll tell you this: the treatment he received from a few people here has put me one step closer to the door myself.

Warrow -or 'jw' as he prefers..- is, IMO, more of a blogger than traditional sports writer. After his recent sit down with Ralph, his posts began to read more like a staunch, sympathizing defender and less investigative. That's not what I want to know about in this, the longest stretch of team failure in history. He developed what the OP calls a Poor Attitude toward all who detracted from his purported perch within.

Chandler, I'm certainly not ready to annoint John Wawrow as the next Woodward or Bernstein or Halberstam or Hemingway (yes, they both started out as journalists). What bothers me is twofold:

1) Anyone who's ever written more than a text message understands that for every sentence written in an article there are at least two more that ended up on the editing room floor. Maybe they were unnecessary sentences, maybe there just wasn't room in the article. But the odds are that those extra sentences were...I don't know...an interesting quote? A stat that I hadn't considered? Some insight as to why a player was traded/cut/benched? It is unlikely at best that Tim Graham or John Wawrow are ever going to BREAK a new story on Two Bills Drive. But once they feed a story to their mainstream outlet, one or two of these "edits" might sneak their way onto this forum. Those of us who live on every word related to the Bills might consider themselves lucky to get a better idea as to what is happening at One Bills Drive through these scraps. But now we're not going to see that, are we?

2) On a related note, we're just a bunch of chuckleheads living off the same rumors/sources/opinions. That's life on Two Bills Drive. Regardless of what you might think of Wawrow's writing style (the lack of capital letters drove me nuts, but I have issues that I'm working on correcting), he had/has SOURCES OUTSIDE OF THIS VACUMN CHAMBER. He doesn't have to identify them, and certainly never would if he wants to keep his day job. But if Tim Graham and John Wawrow say "My sources in the Front Office tell me...", I can assure you that I'm going to give THAT statement a lot more attention than some of the so-called sources that posters quote!

Lori, per my earlier comment, and per the question raised by another poster on this thread, I'm all for banning some of the more acidic and truculent posters. I'm not so rosy-eyed that I think only positives can be posted on this forum, but I am of the mindset that I'd like to see posts that "further the debate". The "Dick sucks", "Ralph sucks". "Bills suck" crowd just aren't adding anything.

Chandler, I'm certainly not ready to annoint John Wawrow as the next Woodward or Bernstein or Halberstam or Hemingway (yes, they both started out as journalists). What bothers me is twofold:

1) Anyone who's ever written more than a text message understands that for every sentence written in an article there are at least two more that ended up on the editing room floor. Maybe they were unnecessary sentences, maybe there just wasn't room in the article. But the odds are that those extra sentences were...I don't know...an interesting quote? A stat that I hadn't considered? Some insight as to why a player was traded/cut/benched? It is unlikely at best that Tim Graham or John Wawrow are ever going to BREAK a new story on Two Bills Drive. But once they feed a story to their mainstream outlet, one or two of these "edits" might sneak their way onto this forum. Those of us who live on every word related to the Bills might consider themselves lucky to get a better idea as to what is happening at One Bills Drive through these scraps. But now we're not going to see that, are we?

2) On a related note, we're just a bunch of chuckleheads living off the same rumors/sources/opinions. That's life on Two Bills Drive. Regardless of what you might think of Wawrow's writing style (the lack of capital letters drove me nuts, but I have issues that I'm working on correcting), he had/has SOURCES OUTSIDE OF THIS VACUMN CHAMBER. He doesn't have to identify them, and certainly never would if he wants to keep his day job. But if Tim Graham and John Wawrow say "My sources in the Front Office tell me...", I can assure you that I'm going to give THAT statement a lot more attention than some of the so-called sources that posters quote!

Lori, per my earlier comment, and per the question raised by another poster on this thread, I'm all for banning some of the more acidic and truculent posters. I'm not so rosy-eyed that I think only positives can be posted on this forum, but I am of the mindset that I'd like to see posts that "further the debate". The "Dick sucks", "Ralph sucks". "Bills suck" crowd just aren't adding anything.

A fine post. Irrefutable, including me being a chucklehead. I looked forward to jw's posts, as befits an insiders take. My only issue with him at all was his recent 'I'm taking my football and going home' little tirade. We all brought a football to this game, from an official NFL version to a nerf. There's still plenty here to play with.

These are particularly challenging times for Bills fans everywhere. Despite Hangartner & Owens from FA and what seems to be a qualitative draft, the play on the pre-season field and desparate firings on the eve of real games is mind-numbing. The teams' talent level is the best we've seen since the Music City Debacle, but it just continues to spin it's wheels in the mud.. It takes a whole lot of mettle to deal with what we've witnessed so far and continue to believe it will right itself. Everyone's attempting to deal with it in their own way. Equally, everyone's aggravated. If jw chooses to opt out over confrontations with I-thugs, so be it. It doesn't end The Stadium Wall or my affections for this franchise.

Could we do without the This sucks or That Sucks threads? Of course. But I tolerate them for the otherwise insightful and intelligent banter from the vast majority of fellow Bills fans -like you- who frequent here.