Richard Seymour traded to Raiders

jayg

Unless Oakland worked a deal Seymour is a free agent next year- I'd laugh my A-- off if the Pats signed him for the 2010 season- Pats will probably get a top 5 pick in 2011 which they will then trade for a 2nd rd and 3rd rd and a 1st in 2012- you know it's not that Belicheat is a genius it's that football is filled to the brim with morons and half wits

that's just it. Nobody is worth a first round pick for a single season unless you're pretty sure that player is going to be enought to get you to the super bowl. Something like to to the eagles when they were stacked except had no wrs.

Al Davis needs to croak already.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Mr. Wilson, get over it

LOL, internet tough guy calls a multi-millionaire, HOF inductee a "douche".

Dude, you're a nobody... might as well get used to it. You just keep up that intarweb awesomeness though. Maybe you can tell your friends how you "PWND" someone online. Better yet, tell your co-workers at Wegmans.

What a tool.

How th F :unsure: does NE get high draft picks year after year? Their front office just makes ours look stupid.

Let's face it, this move was pure genius by the Patriots.

The smart teams unload aging veterans who are past their prime for value in return. The dumbass teams acquire aging veterans who are past it.

Also, the dumbass teams let their quality assets leave via free agency for nothing in return! (see Buffalo Bills for prime examples)

I am hoping I live long enough to see the Bills pull off some smart trades like this one.

Watching New England's front office compete against the Bills is like watching the men against the boys. What a freakin' mismatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's just it. Nobody is worth a first round pick for a single season unless you're pretty sure that player is going to be enought to get you to the super bowl. Something like to to the eagles when they were stacked except had no wrs.

Al Davis needs to croak already.

Well, knowing Davis I'm sure Seymour has already signed a 15 year deal worth $4.5 billion, all guaranteed.

I heard Seymour runs the 40 in 1.2 seconds and runs a real good fly pattern.

just read that Seymour was set to make 3.7 million this year. we're set to pay Schoebel 8 million. does that mean we can get 2 first round picks for him

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...s_confir_1.html

You're quoting yourself?

I know this whole football thing is big and confusing but let me try to help you sort it out. It doesn't matter what anyone is paying a player, the only thing that matters is what some other team is willing to pay.

After Schoebel had his double digit sack year we might have gotten a first rounder for him but that ship has sailed.

just read that Seymour was set to make 3.7 million this year. we're set to pay Schoebel 8 million. does that mean we can get 2 first round picks for him

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...s_confir_1.html

Aaron Scrotal is going to make 8 million this season!!?!?!?!?

That's roughly $4 million per sack and $100 dollars every time he sprints 40 yards past the line of scrimmage and swoops back.

Scrotal is an asshat.

And yes I'm implying that he's going to do the Schobel swoop 80,000 times with 2 sacks to boot.

Unless Oakland worked a deal Seymour is a free agent next year- I'd laugh my A-- off if the Pats signed him for the 2010 season- Pats will probably get a top 5 pick in 2011 which they will then trade for a 2nd rd and 3rd rd and a 1st in 2012- you know it's not that Belicheat is a genius it's that football is filled to the brim with morons and half wits

They won't be able to trade a top-5 pick.

Let's face it, this move was pure genius by the Patriots.

I am hoping I live long enough to see the Bills pull off some smart trades like this one.

The 49 ers selected AFTER us this year in round 2. We of course took a defensive back, and SF traded the next pick (I think it was the 10th of round 2) to Carolina for a 1st round pick in 2010.

So my friend, there you have it. What would you rather have right now, Carolina's 1st pick in 2010, or Byrd?

The 49 ers selected AFTER us this year in round 2. We of course took a defensive back, and SF traded the next pick (I think it was the 10th of round 2) to Carolina for a 1st round pick in 2010.

So my friend, there you have it. What would you rather have right now, Carolina's 1st pick in 2010, or Byrd?

How about we see Byrd play a few games before we ask that question?

What a total rip off for the Pats! They keep ripping off these stupid teams! Seymore is 30, and on the downside now, and 2011 is likely the first year with a rookie salary cap, so they'll get a top 5 talent for cheap!

Why don't we do stuff like this? It seems so easy for the Pats. Remember these moves:

1) trade away Deion Branch to Seattle for a 1st round pick

2) aquire Randy Moss for a 4th rounder

net effect: replace Branch with Moss (massive upgrade) and replace a 4th rounder with a 1st.

1) trade for Derrick Burgess for a 4th

2) trade away Richard Seymore for a 1st.

similar to the WR exchange in that they're replacing a 4th for a future 1st, but Burgess isn't that much worse than Seymore, and may be younger?

Our front office is too stupid to be able to wheel and deal like this. The Pats are working everybody over because they see how to do it. Reminds me of the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys of the late 80s and 90s who kept wheeling and dealing to their advantage (Herschel Walker deal, adding Charles Haley, Thomas Everett, letting overpriced guys go like CB Larry Brown to the Raiders etc.)

What a total rip off for the Pats! They keep ripping off these stupid teams! Seymore is 30, and on the downside now, and 2011 is likely the first year with a rookie salary cap, so they'll get a top 5 talent for cheap!

Why don't we do stuff like this? It seems so easy for the Pats. Remember these moves:

net effect: replace Branch with Moss (massive upgrade) and replace a 4th rounder with a 1st.

similar to the WR exchange in that they're replacing a 4th for a future 1st, but Burgess isn't that much worse than Seymore, and may be younger?

Our front office is too stupid to be able to wheel and deal like this. The Pats are working everybody over because they see how to do it. Reminds me of the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys of the late 80s and 90s who kept wheeling and dealing to their advantage (Herschel Walker deal, adding Charles Haley, Thomas Everett, letting overpriced guys go like CB Larry Brown to the Raiders etc.)

Oh and how could I forget! working us over for a 1st rounder for Pigboy Bledsoe!!!

Seymour is a great NFL defensive linemen...those guys normally play well into their 30's before they see a drop-off...some in fact, some of the greatest ever, get better at that age. Where the notion, repeated a bunch here, that Seymour is on the "downside of his career"? I don't think he will have as much impact on the Raiders, as he would a better team, but I think he could have a monster impact on a better team. He stil has another 4 or 5 great years in him...

They won't be able to trade a top-5 pick.

You know what though? By 2011 the NFL will probably have the rookie pay scale in place. So while it will still be hard to trade the pick, I bet it will be ten times easier than it is now.

It might not be in place for the 2010 draft, so Belichek* asked for a 2011 pick instead. The prick is just plain smart.

typical patriots move, trade someone that no longer fits the system regardless of what he's done for you. and we keep schoebel and kelsay, go figure

how does Seymour no longer fit their system? has their system changed in some way?

they received an offer they couldnt refuse from one of the few teams in the league more clueless then the Bills

Seymour is a great NFL defensive linemen...those guys normally play well into their 30's before they see a drop-off...some in fact, some of the greatest ever, get better at that age. Where the notion, repeated a bunch here, that Seymour is on the "downside of his career"? I don't think he will have as much impact on the Raiders, as he would a better team, but I think he could have a monster impact on a better team. He stil has another 4 or 5 great years in him...

How can you say he has another great 4-5 years in him? Nobody can see into the future. I'm not an NFL scout or front office man, so I don't truly know how Seymour's play last year compared to earlier in his career. But I just read the Rotoworld site where it said he is on the downside. And we've all seen where guys in their 30s can get "old overnight". He isn't possibly on the upside of his career in his 30s, as you suggest.