So.... Only 2 RB's to start the season?

BTIZZLE

Hello all,

I am new to actually posting but I always enjoy reading this page. I had to sign in so one of you could answer my question.

Are they serious?? 2 RB's??? While I liked Jackson last year, he is still a bit unproven. Omon looks good Vs 3rd stringers in preseason. How will he look Vs the Pats next week?

Regardless, it would not matter if the 2 RB's were Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. An NFL team needs more than 2 RB's.

Look at teams that are good. The Pats kept 5. Steelers & Titans kept a bunch. What the F#*%

Notice also how the winning teams don't list depth charts until the season starts.

Can someone please tell my what is going on!!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they serious?? 2 RB's??? While I liked Jackson last year, he is still a bit unproven. Omon looks good Vs 3rd stringers in preseason. Can someone please tell my what is going on!!!!!

They will probably pick someone up from the waiver wire, there's got to be someone decent out there?

Hello all,

I am new to actually posting but I always enjoy reading this page. I had to sign in so one of you could answer my question.

Are they serious?? 2 RB's??? While I liked Jackson last year, he is still a bit unproven. Omon looks good Vs 3rd stringers in preseason. How will he look Vs the Pats next week?

Regardless, it would not matter if the 2 RB's were Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. An NFL team needs more than 2 RB's.

Look at teams that are good. The Pats kept 5. Steelers & Titans kept a bunch. What the F#*%

Notice also how the winning teams don't list depth charts until the season starts.

Can someone please tell my what is going on!!!!!

good question - I want to know why they're keeping three QBs - like if Edwards and Fitz are knocked out Hamdan is going to win it?

If you lose your first two QBs you'd be better off letting someone Fred Jackson or Parrish run the Wildcat- then just pick up Hamdam it's not like he's going to be scooped up by another team.

It's not like Lynch is gone for 8 games. He's gone for 3. We have 3 RBs on our roster.

I don't care what most teams do. I look at the good teams. They all have depth at RB. Good teams keep 4-5 RBs.

Don't get me wrong. The only good things about Rhodes was that he was a proven pro player and put in the time in Rochester to at least know what is going on. He certainly did not impress.

I hope they pick up someone serviceable to get through the first 3 games.

The odds overwhelmingly point to the Bills not needing a 3rd running back for the first 3 games. Go B word about something else.

Either you work as an accountant under Litwin and Overdorf for the Bills, or you really hate Dominck Rhodes. You want to talk about overwhelming odds? Jackson didn't even make it through the 15 possessions the starting offense played in during the 5 preseason games this year, without suffering an injury, much less three full speed regular season games where he will be expected to take the vast majority of snaps now that X-Man is his backup. :wallbash:

I don't care what most teams do. I look at the good teams. They all have depth at RB. Good teams keep 4-5 RBs.

Don't get me wrong. The only good things about Rhodes was that he was a proven pro player and put in the time in Rochester to at least know what is going on. He certainly did not impress.

Yeah, they could always pick up some CHEAP running back on waivers, right? Now that they cut expensive Rhodes. :wallbash:

You want to talk about overwhelming odds? Jackson didn't even make it through the 15 possessions the starting offense played in during the 5 preseason games this year, without suffering an injury, much less three full speed regular season games where he will be expected to take the vast majority of snaps now that X-Man is his backup. :wallbash:

Jackson was hurt in PRACTICE. What does the number of possessions have to do with anything?

It sort of says a lot about the braintrust. A Northeast team that will decide its season's fate with multiple wr's and few rb's.

:unsure:

I couldn't agree more. A northeast outdoor team needs to be able to run. They need to have depth.

This is very troubling to me.

good teams keep 4-5 RBs when they can't decide who is going to start for them (NE). Many good teams regularly keep 3 RBs.

Jackson was hurt in PRACTICE. What does the number of possessions have to do with anything?

Well I was replying directly to a post saying that Jackson only has to go 3 games without getting injured. I was pointing out to that poster that Jackson didn't even make the 15 possessions of this preseason without getting injured. My point, in defense of the Bills keeping Rhodes, was that you never really know when injury can strike, now do you? :unsure: