This team

BeastMode54

Not meaning to be a dick, but I guess there's a reason why "they" are in the Front Office, and "we" are on a fan board.

1) I don't know zippo about the background of the firing of Turk Schonert, but the little I DO read about it tells me that he was instituting something more akin to Kevin Gilbride's offense than the FO wanted. I remember screaming "Just run the goddamn ball" during his era until my throat was hoarse. No thanks. In fairness, Jauron probably should have done this about 2-3 weeks ago so AVP could get a few miles under his belt. I'll definitely grant you that. But not getting into the end zone for the entire pre-season meant something had to be done, and they did it. Doing nothing would have meant pitchforks and torches around this place.

2) Rhodes and Chambers? Big deal. I've been saying for some time that Rhodes was a goner by Week 4. I'm VERY surprised he was cut so early, but the FO must have seen enough positives coming out of Omon that Rhodes was deemed expendable. Maybe they're still washing the taste of A-Train out of their collective mouths. As for Chambers, same thing. He's been described as "Journeyman Backup" so many times that it may as well be on his resume. Again, the FO apparently saw enough progress in Bell that Chambers can now add "Out of the League" to his resume.

3) On a slightly related point, let's give credit where credit is due. Trading Ko Simpson for a 6th-rounder the day before he was slated to be cut was a stroke of sheer genius. We should be so lucky to move ALL of our bubble players for draft picks. As someone pointed out, since it was the Lions' pick, it can almost be looked at as a late-5th-rounder. What a steal. Hell, we drafted Simpson in the 4th, and got almost-a-5th-rounder for him. Smooth.

I guess this is a long way of saying that YES, it's going to be a long season, and probably a losing one. But I'm in the camp that says the FO probably knows more about the business than I do. I'll take it one game at a time.

I just wrote a post on another thread about complaining fans that know nothing about what goes on in the FO. Its just nice to read a post from someone who hasn't given up before the season has even started.

I just wrote a post on another thread about complaining fans that know nothing about what goes on in the FO. Its just nice to read a post from someone who hasn't given up before the season has even started.

Well, thank you, I Billieve. That's a very kind post, but understand that I'm now finishing off a plate of "crow" per my second point in that post. I sent Chambers to the unemployment line, and he's flipping me the bird. And it tastes of crow.

Caution - I'm in the vanguard of the "Glass-Half-Full" crowd around here. There's always a ray of sunshine somewhere, and I'll find it. Crow isn't that bad when you get used to it. I've eaten worse.