Jevan Snead

major

If we tank this year and start over with another QB next year, I hope we it's Jevan Snead from Ole Miss. If you aren't familiar with him yet, you will be by the end of this college football season.

If we tank this year, we better not pass up on the difference maker defensive linemen coming out next year. Snead is pretty good, and looks to be a pro-prospect, but he's being talked up a little more than he's earned. We'll see what he's able to do against a very difficult schedule.

If we are bad and Trent looks horrible all season then yeah, go QB. Take Bradford or McCoy. But if it's not Trent's fault then we go DL. Period. DE Carlos Dunlap, DE Greg Hardy, DT Ndamukong Suh.

But if we tank that means Jauron is gone (Yay!) and a new regime comes in. And a new regime will want to stock the pond with "their" guys and it all starts with the QB.

If you like 6-5, 240, strong arm and JP losman like results your guy is Jevon Snead. His highlight reels look amazing, but once you see an entire game you want to puke. QBs can improve but last season for every great play/throw this kid made he made 4-5 terrible plays/throws. He has shown flashes of being great but his play is far from great as a whole. These draft geeks get so caught up in 6-5 kids that throw the ball 90 yards. Kiper is the biggest one to get caught up in that crap. Me, Id take a Doug Flutie type every day of the week because he wins games.

PS George Selvie would be great in a 3-4, but if we try to line up Maybin and Selvie at both ends in a 4-3 teams will just run off tackle on us all day. Carlos Dunlop is a freak in the mold of Peppers. He is the clear cut choice at DE.

If you like 6-5, 240, strong arm and JP losman like results your guy is Jevon Snead. His highlight reels look amazing, but once you see an entire game you want to puke. QBs can improve but last season for every great play/throw this kid made he made 4-5 terrible plays/throws. He has shown flashes of being great but his play is far from great as a whole. These draft geeks get so caught up in 6-5 kids that throw the ball 90 yards. Kiper is the biggest one to get caught up in that crap. Me, Id take a Doug Flutie type every day of the week because he wins games.

PS George Selvie would be great in a 3-4, but if we try to line up Maybin and Selvie at both ends in a 4-3 teams will just run off tackle on us all day. Carlos Dunlop is a freak in the mold of Peppers. He is the clear cut choice at DE.

There's A LOT wrong with this post. Jevan Snead is the real deal - Cutler-esque with more game. The Losman comparison is embarrassing. Did JP beat Florida in the swamp?

If we tank this year, we better not pass up on the difference maker defensive linemen coming out next year. Snead is pretty good, and looks to be a pro-prospect, but he's being talked up a little more than he's earned. We'll see what he's able to do against a very difficult schedule.

I don't think Snead is being talked up at all. Take Snead's production at Ole Miss. Put him on Texas, where he originally enrolled. He would be succeeding there just as much as McCoy is, I'm sure.

Jevan Snead simply went to the right school at the wrong time. There's no doubt in my mind that Snead would have been the starter for the Longhorns if it weren't for Colt McCoy. And even then, IIRC, they had a pretty good competition for that starting position before McCoy won and Snead transferred.