Is it possible that the Bills will get hit with the lucky stick again?

BuffaloBill

Only time will tell if AVP is going to be a good o-coordinator. His lack of experience in the role and the battlefield promotion are not likely to help him. However, Polian was arguably promoted under similar circumstances. Go back to December of 85 Polian was about one-year into his tenure with the Bills (had never held a GM spot) and was promoted due to the illness of then GM Terry Bledsoe.

Polian was certainly the right man at the right time. Let's hope AVP is hit by the same lucky stick.

Maybe Jim Kelly will come back from injury and replace AVP and we'll all wake up from this nightmare! Sigh... :thumbsup:

The no-huddle Kelly ran worked because he had a feel for what to run against a defense when, but that said, it seems like Jimbo wouldn't want to sign up for the kind of hours he'd be working as a coach and taking time away from his family and Hunter's foundation.

Enough million$ thrown in his direction might change his mind a la Brett Favre, but we're talking Ralph Wilson here.

The no-huddle Kelly ran worked because he had a feel for what to run against a defense when, but that said, it seems like Jimbo wouldn't want to sign up for the kind of hours he'd be working as a coach and taking time away from his family and Hunter's foundation.

Enough million$ thrown in his direction might change his mind a la Brett Favre, but we're talking Ralph Wilson here.

No way does Kelly step in as a coach. The organization would be crazy to do it. He has zero experience as a coach at any level. Time and family aside, other than sentimental reasons, there is no justification for hiring as a coach.

The K gun worked because of the supporting cast as well, Reed, Lofton, Beebe, Thurman, McKeller, Kent Hull and rest of the OL. I see partial similarities with TO, Evans and Reed throw in Jackson however the OL looks like its very unreadt and I have yet to see anything in TE that makes me feel he is a gunslinger like Kelly

The K gun worked because of the supporting cast as well, Reed, Lofton, Beebe, Thurman, McKeller, Kent Hull and rest of the OL. I see partial similarities with TO, Evans and Reed throw in Jackson however the OL looks like its very unreadt and I have yet to see anything in TE that makes me feel he is a gunslinger like Kelly

Actually Kelly admitted there were only about six base plays in the K-Gun. The trick to it was that the Bills players were so good that they had the attitude of stop us if you can. The majority of teams could not stop them. This all worked great on every sunday other than SB Sunday. :thumbsup:

No way does Kelly step in as a coach. The organization would be crazy to do it. He has zero experience as a coach at any level. Time and family aside, other than sentimental reasons, there is no justification for hiring as a coach.

...Your very correct and sentimental reasons are about all we have. Heck I would have rather had Chan Gailey bought in since he was available but knew $$$ wouldn't let that happen.

Only time will tell if AVP is going to be a good o-coordinator. His lack of experience in the role and the battlefield promotion are not likely to help him. However, Polian was arguably promoted under similar circumstances. Go back to December of 85 Polian was about one-year into his tenure with the Bills (had never held a GM spot) and was promoted due to the illness of then GM Terry Bledsoe.

Polian was certainly the right man at the right time. Let's hope AVP is hit by the same lucky stick.

It's possible. We have no other choice at this point other than to wait and see.

The odds that there is a "diamond in the rough" amongst Jauron's staff is about a million to one. I don't like those odds.

AVP was home grown and kept on DJ's staff, so it wouldn't really be fair to call him a DJ guy. We can only hope for the lucky stick.

evaluating talent is a lot different then being a back-up QB working behind another back-up QB trying to establish an offense with and very inexperienced line. I don't see that at all - not enough talent in the trenches.

Agreed...The second half of this firing does not make sense at all. A Chan Gailey would have looked better.....