I would feel more confident with this guy as backup QB

SteamRoller67

Damon Huard was released by the 49ers yersterday. I'm not saying the Bills "need this guy" or c'mon Russ bring him in, but he does have a ton of NFL experience and will not effect the locker room in a negative way. Maybe I remember his Dolphins days too well and that 2006 season with the Chiefs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...d.ap/index.html

Damon Huard was released by the 49ers yersterday. I'm not saying the Bills "need this guy" or c'mon Russ bring him in, but he does have a ton of NFL experience and will not effect the locker room in a negative way. Maybe I remember his Dolphins days too well and that 2006 season with the Chiefs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...d.ap/index.html

I'd be more comfortable with huard starting and trent as a backup

I'd be more comfortable with huard starting and trent as a backup

I agree. I saw him play some in preseason this year and he looks good. He's a real QB. I bet he could throw a long ball to Evans and find all reciever more than 4 yards down field. If I were GM I'd do this in a heartbeat. Worry about the future next year.

I agree. I saw him play some in preseason this year and he looks good. He's a real QB. I bet he could throw a long ball to Evans and find all reciever more than 4 yards down field. If I were GM I'd do this in a heartbeat. Worry about the future next year.

Then riddle me this...why was Huard just released by one of the very few teams whose QB situation is even sketchier than ours?

Then riddle me this...why was Huard just released by one of the very few teams whose QB situation is even sketchier than ours?

I'd actually love to go back in time and have JP back for this season. He's a better firt for anything we have now. Trent can't/won't throw the ball long. We have at least 3 deep threats that will never catch a ball in the air that is thrown over 20 yards. JP sucked, but he did have a great deep ball. He actually tried to make things happen on the field, instead of always taking the easy way out by always going to the checkdown

Hill (starter)

Smith - (1st round bust & huge cap hit)

Davis - (athletic rookie with high upside)

There's no riddle involved.

You've just reiterated Sage's point. Huard was released from a bad group of QBs.

Bigdog--you can have JP and his mythical "long ball". In his entire career you can count the passes over 40 on your fingers and your toes. The JP you imagine never existed.

Because he's old. But I don't care. Looks like he can still play. Even if he only plays one year and gets us in the playoffs or better than 7-9 it would be worth it.

I'm so tired of getting guys that need to develop and sucking while they allegedly are learning how to play in the NFL. Let's get someone who has learned all this stuff on someone else's dime and has a proven track record of being able to play today. The future is now.

Plus Trent can learn from him. If Trent doesn't want to re-sign with us next year, no big loss. Maybe he can backup JP on a UFL team or vice versa.