I've thrown together a better mobile version...

SDS

Serious answer: links to the usual suspects (BuffNews, D+C, et al.), but to their mobile sites, if they have 'em. Just clicked a TBN link, and it took me to their full page. I realize it would be an immense time drain to duplicate that info for every story we post -- not sure it's even feasible -- but having that option for the permanent links would be nice.

Also, FWIW, the Links button isn't on the same line as Home/Forums/Schedule. Not sure if that's from your settings or mine (the Pearl has a narrower screen than most of the other BBs), but I thought I'd mention it.

Add: here's the D+C's sports section: http://rocnow.com/section/sports

I'll put others in as I find them. And as we move forward on this, maybe we can talk them into adding Bills-specific feeds, if we have proof there's interest for same.

How 'bout an RSS feed?

to be honest, that will probably never come in the way you want it.

RSS feeds are a way to syndicate your content. Well, if we just give everyone a way to bypass our site to go straight to someone else's - what's the purpose? Someone could make their own "TBD" and and never do anything, but setup an RSS feed parser.

Serious answer: links to the usual suspects (BuffNews, D+C, et al.), but to their mobile sites, if they have 'em. Just clicked a TBN link, and it took me to their full page. I realize it would be an immense time drain to duplicate that info for every story we post -- not sure it's even feasible -- but having that option for the permanent links would be nice.

Also, FWIW, the Links button isn't on the same line as Home/Forums/Schedule. Not sure if that's from your settings or mine (the Pearl has a narrower screen than most of the other BBs), but I thought I'd mention it.

Add: here's the D+C's sports section: http://rocnow.com/section/sports

BuffNews Sports: http://m.buffalonews.com/tbn/?sec=111

I'll put others in as I find them. And as we move forward on this, maybe we can talk them into adding Bills-specific feeds, if we have proof there's interest for same.

it could possibly be done for certain sites with a bit of coding. Of course it becomes a PIA when they change their URL structure, but maybe that's the price of doing business.

I could use some suggestions on what links you would like easy access to on the links page. Serious suggestions only, please don't waste my time checking this thread for the comedy hour...

Is there a way to creat a lo-fi version of the forums that still allow posting? It would be nice to have a mobile-layout version of the forums too. FYI, I use an iPod Touch and/or an LG Dare phone (which I hate.)

PTR

Is there a way to creat a lo-fi version of the forums that still allow posting? It would be nice to have a mobile-layout version of the forums too. FYI, I use an iPod Touch and/or an LG Dare phone (which I hate.)

PTR

not yet. whenever I bite the bullet and upgrade (a 10 hour process minimum) then we'll have something similar to SS.

I could use some suggestions on what links you would like easy access to on the links page. Serious suggestions only, please don't waste my time checking this thread for the comedy hour...

NFL.com (mobile) - quick way to get other scores and team news. Thank you for your work BTW.

Personally, I find this to be awesome. I often stop by on my iPod Touch during down times, and a slicker mobile version is extremely welcome. As Promo said, being able to post would be cool, too, but I'm just appreciative of the effort.