pat thomas released

mjohns85

How so? The guy showed nothing.

Because he was the ONLY backup LB out of about 6 that had ANY experience in the NFL at all. He started games at MLB last year for the Chiefs. 12 of them I think. He can play all 3 LB positions and give us experience if a starter goes down. I'm sorry, but I really don't see the 5-10 220lb Buggs taking on enormous guards and tackles for a season if Poz goes down. If Ellison or Mitchell go down, we're stuck with a rookie replacement. Just shocked they didn't keep him around for experience. If we're actually in a playoff race later in the year, and Poz or someone goes down, now we're stuck with small, inexperienced players. Great.

So much for all the people on this board who tried to convince themselves and others that Pat Thomas was going to be the answer to replacing Ellison at linebacker. I enjoy it when I can say "I told you so"

Who in the last 3 months has ever said that?

So much for all the people on this board who tried to convince themselves and others that Pat Thomas was going to be the answer to replacing Ellison at linebacker. I enjoy it when I can say "I told you so"

Surely it can't rival the number of people who wanted the Bills to re-sign Crowell. I don't know how it was over here, but on the BBMB, you couldn't go a day without a "the Bills screwed-over/up Crowell."

agreed - just like Wil James, Tutan Reyes, Matt Bowen, Jason Webster etc. Why not save that money to go after a top tier free agent who doesn't have a history of failing like these guys? It's dumb.

Hence Maiorana's shot at Guy, which I happen to agree with.

How does that make sense? You aren't going to get a top tier free agent for the money they used on Thomas. It's not like they can add up all the money the spent all those guys you listed to get a free agent this year.

If you want to argue that they should spend more money, there's plenty of threads for that. But given that they aren't going to spend that money, how is bringing in a guy like Thomas to push for a back up spot a bad thing?

How does that make sense? You aren't going to get a top tier free agent for the money they used on Thomas. It's not like they can add up all the money the spent all those guys you listed to get a free agent this year.

If you want to argue that they should spend more money, there's plenty of threads for that. But given that they aren't going to spend that money, how is bringing in a guy like Thomas to push for a back up spot a bad thing?

Spend it and they will come.....