Get a grip people

No we won't go to the super bowl anytime soon but the season hasn't even started and most of the people on this board have written the team off. This kind of mentality is self-fulfilling. Chances are that we won't win the first game, hell we may go 0-3. I can imagine the mess that would cause. I just wish we would give this team a chance and let them play a quarter of the season before we say the sky is falling. I don't doubt we will have a new coach next year and start over again but what about this year. With a little luck I think this team can compete with any other team in the league. That is the nature of the NFL. Enough with doom and gloom. Get off this board if all you want to do is whine like little girls. Go rake some leaves or mow the grass and come back after the Bills have played a real game to add something productive to the conversation.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No we won't go to the super bowl anytime soon but the season hasn't even started and most of the people on this board have written the team off. This kind of mentality is self-fulfilling. Chances are that we won't win the first game, hell we may go 0-3. I can imagine the mess that would cause. I just wish we would give this team a chance and let them play a quarter of the season before we say the sky is falling. I don't doubt we will have a new coach next year and start over again but what about this year. With a little luck I think this team can compete with any other team in the league. That is the nature of the NFL. Enough with doom and gloom. Get off this board if all you want to do is whine like little girls. Go rake some leaves or mow the grass and come back after the Bills have played a real game to add something productive to the conversation.

Well my friend, this is a Buffalo Bills message board. We as fans, this is where we come to voice our concerns, complaints, and rants. If all you're looking for is rainbows and fairy tales, you might want to look elsewhere. In case you haven't noticed, there is definitely reason for concern with this team. True, it is only preseason, but in case you haven't noticed, we have looked absolutely abysmal. Hopefully, come September 14th, the kinks get worked out, but with all that seems to be wrong, it doesn't look too likely....

Well my friend, this is a Buffalo Bills message board. We as fans, this is where we come to voice our concerns, complaints, and rants. If all you're looking for is rainbows and fairy tales, you might want to look elsewhere. In case you haven't noticed, there is definitely reason for concern with this team. True, it is only preseason, but in case you haven't noticed, we have looked absolutely abysmal. Hopefully, come September 14th, the kinks get worked out, but with all that seems to be wrong, it doesn't look too likely....

You're right and I have plenty of concerns. The way this O-line has been put together is insane but it is still August. I read this board and it sounds like we won't win a game and we don't have a drop of talent on this team. Tell me you don't think the majority of these post are ridiculous.

You're right and I have plenty of concerns. The way this O-line has been put together is insane but it is still August. I read this board and it sounds like we won't win a game and we don't have a drop of talent on this team. Tell me you don't think the majority of these post are ridiculous.

Well you and I both have plenty to be concerned about. I'll agree that many posters have "the sky is falling down", point of view, but as terribly as we've performed in the preseason, can you blame them?

I swear, in the Hall Of Fame game, didn't it seem like Tennessee was the team who had had an extra week of practice, and not us?

In the packers and steelers games, didn' Trent Edwards look downright terrible? I mean, just plain poop-a-licious?

I have been a Bills fan since I was 6 years old, and this team, other than the signing of T.O., has done absolutely nothing, and shown absolutely nothing for us to get excited over?

I'm predicting an 8-8 season, and the retention of Dick Jauron as the head coach. And trust me when I tell you, I am one of the most optimistic people you will ever meet.

I pray you are right, and the preseason means nothing, and that Monday, September 14th, we see a TOTALLY different Bills team.

I gave them a chance in 2006...7-9 in a rebuilding year.

I gave them a chance in 2007...7-9.

I gave them a chance in 2008...5-1 start, 2-8 finish en route to...7-9.

You're in the minority here, because for the first time since 2005 the majority (at least on this board) want a winning team. The starters have been outscored 55-3 in 6 quarters, the coach hasn't changed, and the QB is unwilling to throw more than 10 yards downfield.

Can you promise you'll show up more than you have in the past 2.5 years if the Bills aren't playing well? Something tells me you won't, because this team looks the same as it did to finish 7-9.

I think you might be the one who needs to get a grip if you honestly believe that any negativity on this board can be self fulfilling.

By the way, I haven't seen anyone predicting that the sky would fall, just that the Bills suck and Trent is not the answer at QB.

Why don't you take your own advice and go rake some leaves. Come back when you have something "productive".

Thanks

Our coaching staff sucks as do the systems they're trying to implement. Why don't YOU go find a sea to split and some water to walk on and take your forlorn optimism with you. Take Jauron with you too. Go for a ride at the Haunted Mansion and wear your Billy Bob teeth for a pic. That way, you two will look like brubbers. Beat it.

I think you might be the one who needs to get a grip if you honestly believe that any negativity on this board can be self fulfilling.

By the way, I haven't seen anyone predicting that the sky would fall, just that the Bills suck and Trent is not the answer at QB.

Why don't you take your own advice and go rake some leaves. Come back when you have something "productive".

Thanks

Wow I think I will. I will be at 4 games this year and I will watch the rest on TV. I won't be back here, it's depressing. I lived in New Orleans and watched the Saints (I was a stills Bills fan but watched the local team) during the paper bag era (Our motto then was as long as its funny). Don't think I am being unrealistic. I know all about rooting for a bad team. My only "productive" point was that it is still August and the NFL is unpredictable. Go Bills

Guest dog14787
I gave them a chance in 2006...7-9 in a rebuilding year.

I gave them a chance in 2007...7-9.

I gave them a chance in 2008...5-1 start, 2-8 finish en route to...7-9.

You're in the minority here, because for the first time since 2005 the majority (at least on this board) want a winning team. The starters have been outscored 55-3 in 6 quarters, the coach hasn't changed, and the QB is unwilling to throw more than 10 yards downfield.

Can you promise you'll show up more than you have in the past 2.5 years if the Bills aren't playing well? Something tells me you won't, because this team looks the same as it did to finish 7-9.

The impression I'm getting is we have intentionally held back on some of the things we are working on with our offense in the hopes of catching the Pats unprepared. I heard rumor of practicing dump offs and screens, but seen none of it against the Steelers. Belicheat is to smart to ever take any team for granted, but in my opinion when it comes to our offense he is in the dark as much as we are right now and that's exactly the way DJ intended it to be.

The impression I'm getting is we have intentionally held back on some of the things we are working on with our offense in the hopes of catching the Pats unprepared. I heard rumor of practicing dump offs and screens, but seen none of it against the Steelers. Belicheat is to smart to ever take any team for granted, but in my opinion when it comes to our offense he is in the dark as much as we are and that's exactly the way DJ intended it to be.

Jauron is really not that smart. His game plan for MNF is to try to score a few FGs and not get shut out on national TV and then tell everyone that he has to watch game tapes before deciding whether or not his team player well in a 56-9 loss. And he'll finish the press conference with "you know, it's really hard to score only FGs in the NFL"

Guest dog14787
Jauron is really not that smart. His game plan for MNF is to try to score a few FGs and not get shut out on national TV and then tell everyone that he has to watch game tapes before deciding whether or not his team player well in a 56-9 loss. And he'll finish the press conference with "you know, it's really hard to score only FGs in the NFL"

He's not as smart as belicheat and he knows it so he has to be sly like a fox. ;)

(The whole team is flying under the radar right now)

The impression I'm getting is we have intentionally held back on some of the things we are working on with our offense in the hopes of catching the Pats unprepared. I heard rumor of practicing dump offs and screens, but seen none of it against the Steelers. Belicheat is to smart to ever take any team for granted, but in my opinion when it comes to our offense he is in the dark as much as we are right now and that's exactly the way DJ intended it to be.

If the offense was holding back, the entire team is doing one heckuva sandbagging job not letting it on. Someone might remotely believe this if things didn't look so similar to their final games in 2008. The Bills failed to score TD's in three of their final 5 games and only scored 60 points in those games.

DJ could not out game plan rookie HC's in Sparano and Singletary, and a soon to be fired Romeo Crennel,

And since he's been HC in Buffalo, he's 0-6 against Belichick. I doubt he's purposely holding back. He's also 13-43 against teams that make the playoffs.

your what I would call a fair weather fan even if we won the sb you would find somethin to B word about

If the offense was holding back, the entire team is doing one heckuva sandbagging job not letting it on. Someone might remotely believe this if things didn't look so similar to their final games in 2008. The Bills failed to score TD's in three of their final 5 games and only scored 60 points in those games.

DJ could not out game plan rookie HC's in Sparano and Singletary, and a soon to be fired Romeo Crennel,

And since he's been HC in Buffalo, he's 0-6 against Belichick. I doubt he's purposely holding back. He's also 13-43 against teams that make the playoffs.

How many teams have beat the pats over the last 3 years

That is a good hope to have, but then there is the little matter of DJ's record against the Pats...and must be why the Bills are already 10 point underdogs in an early line.

Also, if this is a decoy, how many starters are going to play Thursday and play terrible at home to keep up the act? ;)

you obviously havent been paying attention Mr 39 posts