Browns shopping Corey Williams

todd

Hmmmm. Williams had 7 sacks in 2006 and 2007 for Green Bay. He's a bit big for the Bills' style of DE, so would probably play DT? Better than McCargo, I bet.

Todd--do you mean Bob Sanders used to coach him?

I really liked Corey Williams when he played for Green Bay but I was less impressed when I watched Cleveland - Injuries or the system?

Syststem. Williams is not a 3-4 defensive end. Another example of wanting to play a system so bad you just put people in the wrong places. Cleveland probably would be much better served in a 4-3 with Williams/Rogers as their 2 dt's, but if they want to trade him well when he rips it up again as a 4-3 dt elsewhere they'll have to deal with it.

I would probably go as high as a 3rd. You figure with the combination of Strouds age, McCargo probably not being back, and Spencer Johnson being completely invisible we would probably be wise to draft a DT next year anyways. Why not just trade for a proven player?

Syststem. Williams is not a 3-4 defensive end. Another example of wanting to play a system so bad you just put people in the wrong places. Cleveland probably would be much better served in a 4-3 with Williams/Rogers as their 2 dt's, but if they want to trade him well when he rips it up again as a 4-3 dt elsewhere they'll have to deal with it.

Definitely the system. He's a better fit in a 4-3 as a DT. Him and Stroud would make a very formidable front to anchor the middle. Williams was awesome for GB acouple of years ago. I think he made the Pro Bowl in '07 on the team that played against the Giants in the NFC title game.