• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
My concern is twofold:

1) For the offense to be successful with TO, Trent will need to develop confidence in throwing the long ball. He shows very little of that confidence/ability yet, way too many check-down, dump off passes.

2) If above does not work, just how cool do you think TO is going to be with adapting by running short routes across the middle - where he is likely to take beatings?

TE has sure been heaving the ball down field in practices when TO's on the field, but going deep is one thing he did not have time to do last night, not in my opinion anyway. The line may have given him enough time to get short or intermediate passes off from time to time, but no way on the long ball because TE barely had time to get his feet set. TE's O-line was moving at him at alarming speed on almost every play. You have to step up to be able to deliver the ball properly. If anyone has the game taped, you take a good look at each play and you will see our O-line is being knocked backwards off the line of scrimmage.

We can say Big Ben did this, he did that, but Big ben is a unique individual who has enough arm strength to deliver a football where he wants it, when he wants it regardless of what position his body is in, he's a freak of nature...

Maybe so, but don't you think we need to give Edwards the chance in the regular season? Fitzpatrick will never be a solid starter in this league. I think there is still hope for Edwards.

There is no hope for Edwards and he has had his chance in the regular season. After 24 games there is no way on the god forsaken earth he should look that bad game after game.

Maybe so, but don't you think we need to give Edwards the chance in the regular season? Fitzpatrick will never be a solid starter in this league. I think there is still hope for Edwards.

I agree, it would be stupid to start Fitzpatrick. That is the reason the Bills signed him, they didn't want a QB controversy.

I guess it's time to run another qb out of town since kelly retired, how many does that make, like 8?

If the Bills were to give Edwards the rest of the season would that be enough for you or would we still be running another QB outta town. I can see your point though...seeing as all those guys we ran outta town did go on to have stellar careers.

I agree, it would be stupid to start Fitzpatrick. That is the reason the Bills signed him, they didn't want a QB controversy.

When you watch him actually make a few throws and you watch Edwards refuse to throw a pass more than 5 yards downfield, the argument becomes very easy to bench Edwards...

When you watch him actually make a few throws and you watch Edwards refuse to throw a pass more than 5 yards downfield, the argument becomes very easy to bench Edwards...

I just wonder how many qb's we are going to run out of town(and i've always said trent sucked), before people realize that we have an extremely dysfunctionsal organization created by an owner who seems to have no idea what's going on. over the years, ralph has created these situations over and over again, and never fixes them until ticket sales go in the toilet and than he gets desperate. and after a few years of success, he messes it up again and repeats the cycle. he's been a crappy owner and gets elected to the HOF, pretty sad

Guest dog14787
If the Bills were to give Edwards the rest of the season would that be enough for you or would we still be running another QB outta town. I can see your point though...seeing as all those guys we ran outta town did go on to have stellar careers.

You almost wonder if Buffalo may have made it to the playoffs once or twice over the last decade had we kept the Toddler around (Todd Collins)

I don't know if benching him restores his confidence...but what is it with the Bills striking out so often on QB's since Jimbo retired?

I'm not ready to throw the towel in on Trent, yet...but...he clearly has lost confidence. If I may submit to record the lack of downfield throws on the part of Edwards being perhaps the biggest issue with the offense. Does Lee Evans even play for the Bills anymore?

Now, whether that is a confidence issue, or patty-cake play calling from Schonert, or both, but clearly no defense will respect the Bills if they can't complete a pass greater than 5-10 yards. Edwards has become a believer of the checkdown.

What is really becoming frustrating (though I know it is only the preseason), how other teams ROOKIE QB's seem so much better than our VETERAN of the past 3 seasons. Matt Ryan, and now Stafford, Sanchez w/the Jets all look amazing. I know that it is early, but c'mon!

My offseason plan, if this offensive ineptitude continues through the season, then I would fire Jauron, MODRAK AND GUY, promote Nix up to Director of Scouting, switch Brandon from GM to COO, and bring in a coach/GM that KNOWS WHAT HE IS FREAKIN' DOING!!

me likes Shanahan, Holmgren, or Cowher.

Trent "Footsteps" Edwards needs T.O. to actually be better than he's been before. Good test for Owens, and if anything, Owens likes challenges. And frankly, nothing Owens says about Trent is going to cause controversy, as everyone will agree with him, including Trent.