When should DJ get sent packing

Rayzer32

you're kidding right? of all the available coaches he is at the top of your list

I'm not sure where you've been for the past 15 years. Tony Dungy is one of the best coaches of this era. He turned around Tampa Bay and the Colts won the Super Bowl. He's a great coach, just because he's willing to give Micheal Vick a chance does not hurt his accomplishments. He would NEVER come here but it sure would be nice.

If I was the owner, Gruden would have been here as soon as he was let go last year.

According to multiple sources with the Raiders and Bucs, Gruden loves to tell the front office "Get me some players who know what the !@#$ they are doing!!", and wanted nothing to do with any players he needed to teach anything to(ie, rookies and 2nd year players). Is it any wonder that Gruden's teams routinely fall apart after a few years when his aging veterans go into decline and his young players have no clue...

No thanks...

According to multiple sources with the Raiders and Bucs, Gruden loves to tell the front office "Get me some players who know what the !@#$ they are doing!!", and wanted nothing to do with any players he needed to teach anything to(ie, rookies and 2nd year players). Is it any wonder that Gruden's teams routinely fall apart after a few years when his aging veterans go into decline and his young players have no clue...

No thanks...

The Raiders were very good when he left, and he got Dungy's team the SB that Tony couldn't get. He is known to want QB's who know what they are doing.....not all players.....QB's. I could care less if the players like him, he is a winner in life. He'll also be a winner the next team he ends up coaching. Unfortunately he most likely won't be on our sideline.

I'd take him any day of the week. Especially on this team. I don't need lifeless stiffs like Kelsay, Denney, Schobel and the boys thinking this is a country club. My head coach wouldn't be a guy that needs to become close friends with the employees he oversees (which includes players), but one that gets the most out of them.

Any day of the week, I'd take Gruden on my team.

He should have been fired last December.

That is what I was thinking. Never happen though. Wilson IMHO will not fire Juron with 2 plus years left on his contract. Wilson has never ever these many years been one to pay for good coaching or pay to retain a good coach like Chuck Knox. Remember Wade Phillips had to press Wilson's feet to the fire to get paid the remaining years on his contract even though Wilson fired him. Always thought that was cheap and very petty on Willson's part.

Here are some of Wilson's all time coaching hires and their records coaching the Bills:

Harvey Johnson 1968 &1971 Wilson's close friend...W-2 L-23 .080 winning percentage

John Rauch 69-71 W-7 L-20 .259 winning percentage

Jim Ringo good Ol for Green Bay lousy coach 1976-77 W-3 L-20 .130 winning percentage

Kay Stephenson 1983-85 W-10 L-26 .278 winning percentage

Hank Bullough resident scholar W-4 L-17 1985-86 winning percentage .191

Hit pay dirt with Marv Levy W-112 against 70 loses in eleven years 1986 to 1997

Fired Phillips 1998-2000 with a winning record W-29 L-19

Gregg Williams 2001-2003 W-17 L-31 unknown came cheap. has not been a HC since

Mike Mularkey another unknown 2004-2005 W-14 L-18 Has not been a HC since

which brings us to Juron, dazed, lost and confused, a deer in the headlights stare, who is the antithesis of Vince Lombardi of being a leader and commanding respect. I can "hear" the players mantra now..."we have nothing to fear while Dick is here; nothing to fear another loosing record is near, nothing to fear our jobs will be here, nothing to fear for Dick will be here

It's going to be a long season...sigh...again

The Raiders were very good when he left, and he got Dungy's team the SB that Tony couldn't get. He is known to want QB's who know what they are doing.....not all players.....QB's. I could care less if the players like him, he is a winner in life. He'll also be a winner the next team he ends up coaching. Unfortunately he most likely won't be on our sideline.

I'd take him any day of the week. Especially on this team. I don't need lifeless stiffs like Kelsay, Denney, Schobel and the boys thinking this is a country club. My head coach wouldn't be a guy that needs to become close friends with the employees he oversees (which includes players), but one that gets the most out of them.

Any day of the week, I'd take Gruden on my team.

Again...he is good until his aging veterans decline and then his teams go in the shitter and neither he nnor the team wants him to stay and attempt the rebuild...

How much more of this moron can you take? I say before next week, he just can't get anything out of this team. Maybe a new coach will give this team a jolt going into NE.

The clock for firing Dick Jauron will start the moment that the game ends between the Bills and New England. That game will be very ugly and Jauron will do nothing to instill any confidence in him. Fans will start booing Jauron at home games and the discontent will swell to a point where Wilson will have to do something before the season is over. I see this season spiraling out of control very quickly and within 6 games total disgust by most fans.

I wish Jauron was already gone, but I really believe that we are stuck with him for at least this year and next unless the Bills season really goes horrible. I predict that if we are 6-10 or better Dick will be back. Maybe they will fire a coordinator or something. I just don't think Ralph is going to eat more than 1 year of Dick's contract.

The Wildcard to all of this is if Ralph one way or another is no longer the Owner (not trying to be morbid or offensive). Jauron will be out of a job as soon as new ownership is in place, guaranteed.

I wish Jauron was already gone, but I really believe that we are stuck with him for at least this year and next unless the Bills season really goes horrible. I predict that if we are 6-10 or better Dick will be back. Maybe they will fire a coordinator or something. I just don't think Ralph is going to eat more than 1 year of Dick's contract.

The Wildcard to all of this is if Ralph one way or another is no longer the Owner (not trying to be morbid or offensive). Jauron will be out of a job as soon as new ownership is in place, guaranteed.

And the bills will be out of Buffalo.

Catch 22

Again...he is good until his aging veterans decline and then his teams go in the shitter and neither he nnor the team wants him to stay and attempt the rebuild...

If I'm correct, that happened exactly one time right? At Tampa? What coach hasn't that happened to? Great, tenured players get old.....team struggles whether or not to keep them or not........team goes into decline.

Whoa, big shock there. Kinda sounds like the end of Bruce, Thurman, Andre and company a little bit. Kinda sounds like the Steelers in the early 80's. Kinda sounds like......well, hell, mostly everyone.