Arafat is dead

gflande1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday
if anything all hell is going to break loose in israel right now.  warlords are going to be trying to become the new leader so so much more bloodshed is going to occur.  and if you guys say that bf was brainwashed by pro-palestinian pamphlets you could just as easily say that everyone else has been brainwashed by pro-israeli pamphlets and news.  we only hear the israel side of the war because there are so many jews in high political positions.  neither side is right and arafat and sharon are going to burn in hell because they killed so many innocent people.

113236[/snapback]

You know, it strikes me as ironic that you are the internet forum equivalent of a terrorist - you jump out of the bushes, anonymously, and take pot-shots at regular posters, then crawl back into your hideaway and snivel in delight. No wonder you'll stick up for Arafat, you little coward.

It can, however, apparently be overestimated in very melodramatic fashion.

melodrama... so, my pain is entertaining you??? I thought fellow boarders would show me just a tad more love than they're showing arafat. Damn... I must be a bigger villain than I realized. Does this mean that there is going to be referendum to have the term stevestojan replaced with deeray?

melodrama... so, my pain is entertaining you??? I thought fellow boarders would show me just a tad more love than they're showing arafat.  Damn... I must be a bigger villain than I realized.  Does this mean that there is going to be referendum to have the term stevestojan replaced with deeray?

113393[/snapback]

does stevestojan come out of a deeray?

melodrama... so, my pain is entertaining you??? I thought fellow boarders would show me just a tad more love than they're showing arafat.  Damn... I must be a bigger villain than I realized.  Does this mean that there is going to be referendum to have the term stevestojan replaced with deeray?

113393[/snapback]

No. In fact, it's boring me. Shut up already. There's got to be an episode of CSI: Scottsdale on somewhere you can go watch.

And by the way...CSI is the epitome of a truly crap show.

tom... lighten up dude. too many years on the beltway? you're taking this arafat thingy way too personal and way too serious...

Oh... and if only cbs used a "crawl" istead of pre-empting.... I mean, was arafat's death unexepected? it aint like arafat was one of the most beloved fellows in our lifetime. In fact, I don't think there are too many heads of state that are scrambling to get to his wake... they're thinking what I'm thinking... "YES"!!!

Lastly, tom.... I'm truly sorry for watching a show that you depise... I feel so silly and inadequate for having done so... it was very childish and sophmoric on my part... oh, and also my sincere apology for boring you.

tom... lighten up dude.  too many years on the beltway?  you're taking this arafat thingy way too personal and way too serious...

Oh... and if only cbs used a "crawl" istead of pre-empting.... I mean, was arafat's death unexepected? it aint like arafat was one of the most beloved fellows in our lifetime. In fact, I don't think there are too many heads of state that are scrambling to get to his wake...  they're thinking what I'm thinking... "YES"!!!

Lastly, tom.... I'm truly sorry for watching a show that you depise... I feel so silly and inadequate for having done so... it was very childish and sophmoric on my part... oh,  and also my sincere apology for boring you.

113458[/snapback]

I don't think anyone cares what shows you watch. They care that you would come here and post something as stupid as whining over missing a few minutes of TV because the network was announcing the death of one of the most influential persons in the world.

:lol:

WTF is  a hot pocket...

As it is referred to here, Hot Pockets is short for referring to "the American Idol crowd with the Hot Pockets mentality." In some circles it is more appropriately referred to as The Extraordinary League of the H.O.T.P.O.C.K.E.T. F.O.O.L.S.

We're a lazy country and a lazy people, and we're at the point now where we can only ever stay focused on anything of importance for mere nanoseconds before our attention is off to the next topic. And what matters most to us is immediately gratification. We can't even make a sandwich anymore. We have to cook one in three minutes because if we don't get it done quick enough, we'll miss the next installment of American Idol.

Classic example: someone of global significance dies...a person whose very death can change the future of the Middle East for all eternity, and everyone is upset that their show was pre-empted to the point where the station has to run the episode again to appease the Hot Pockets. We had a similar thread during the Presidential debates, where someone was upset because it preempted their TV shows. Heaven forbid we should wonder what the ramifications are of Arafat's death. Or what comes out of the presidential debates.

That's what we mean when we refer to Hot Pockets.

As it is referred to here, Hot Pockets is short for referring to "the American Idol crowd with the Hot Pockets mentality." In some circles it is more appropriately referred to as The Extraordinary League of the H.O.T.P.O.C.K.E.T. F.O.O.L.S.

We're a lazy country and a lazy people, and we're at the point now where we can only ever stay focused on anything of importance for mere nanoseconds before our attention is off to the next topic. And what matters most to us is immediately gratification. We can't even make a sandwich anymore. We have to cook one in three minutes because if we don't get it done quick enough, we'll miss the next installment of American Idol.

Classic example: someone of global significance dies...a person whos very death can change the future of the Middle East for all eternity, and everyone is upset that their show was pre-empted to the point where the station has to run the episode again to appease the Hot Pockets. We had a similar thread during the Presidential debates, where someone was upset because it preempted their TV shows.  Heaven forbid we should wonder what the ramifications are of Arafat's death. Or what comes out of the presidential debates.

113524[/snapback]

I'm the Ham&Cheese Variety...

Classic example: someone of global significance dies...a person whos very death can change the future of the Middle East for all eternity, and everyone is upset that their show was pre-empted to the point where the station has to run the episode again to appease the Hot Pockets. We had a similar thread during the Presidential debates, where someone was upset because it preempted their TV shows.  Heaven forbid we should wonder what the ramifications are of Arafat's death. Or what comes out of the presidential debates.

113524[/snapback]

Outstanding explanation. Can the mods please pin this?

They care that you would come here and post something as stupid as whining over missing a few minutes of TV because the network was announcing the death of one of the most influential persons in the world.

I think you're missing a message in all of this, KD... arafat is irrelevent and whoever comes after him will be also. the jews and pals and the arabs have been going at it for centuries... and will continue rto do so... it will not matter who leads who. there will never be peace in the middle east or the world.

CSI, the super bowl, the world series... it wouldn't matter what they interupt. A scum like arafat and his fake nobel peace prize is not worthy of prime time minutes on US national TV in my humble opinion.

Classic example: someone of global significance dies...a person whose very death can change the future of the Middle East for all eternity, and everyone is upset that their show was pre-empted to the point where the station has to run the episode again to appease the Hot Pockets. We had a similar thread during the Presidential debates, where someone was upset because it preempted their TV shows.  Heaven forbid we should wonder what the ramifications are of Arafat's death. Or what comes out of the presidential debates.

113524[/snapback]

and I think the counter-argument is that you are taking this respectable case to an illogical extreme. What CBS did wasn't "news," it was marketing for their hurting news department. Now they can say "we were the first to report...." whoopdedoo! If a healthy Arafat was killed by an Isreali bomb, that's "breaking news." If Arafat dies after a lingering illness because they decided to pull the plug at 6:15 as opposed to 6:19, I'm sorry but that's not "breaking news." What new ramifications are there the minute after he died that weren't there (and gone over to a great degree) in anticipation of his death? What about those ramifications are so important that they could not wait five minutes?

I haven't seen any details, but I would not be surprised to see the networks pre-empt shows tonight to show their one hour retrospective that they've been spending the last two weeks putting together, that they carefully intermix with "live" footage to make it look like they miraculously threw this well-thought out program together at the last minute. That is fine. The way you describe it, I can't imagine how the networks have been showing anything else all day. That is fine too. Go into his life in great detail, talk at great lengths (some more) about how this affects peace in the Middle East.

Get off your high horse pretending that the pre-emption happened for the "goodness of us all." It was done to try to regain some "face" after the Bush/National Guard fiasco. Will you guys be upset if they don't break into regular programming to air the news conference held by the Ohio Sec. of State when he says "it's official: Bush won Ohio?" After all, that's "news" that affects our every day lives as well, and it will be just as "surprising" and unanticipated.