USA Today on Edwards

Beerball

Is this really any better than the article on Losman? The Losman article went for it all right out of the gate, just kept hurling superlatives but without any tempo. Of course, it might've been the editorial staff, which has been in shambles for a decade. This Edwards article was slower and more methodical, but it seems afraid to reach any conclusion and seems content just to use up some typeface.

Is this really any better than the article on Losman? The Losman article went for it all right out of the gate, just kept hurling superlatives but without any tempo. Of course, it might've been the editorial staff, which has been in shambles for a decade. This Edwards article was slower and more methodical, but it seems afraid to reach any conclusion and seems content just to use up some typeface.

I'm sensing some artistic sarcasm....

hehe

This issue flagged the key thing this season will tell us about TE: Is he injury prone?

I have set an objective standard for myself in hitting the player with the injury prone label:

Has he missed playing time for 3 or more games to different types of injuries in his career. Some folks like Kelly or Favre have a nagging injury to the same body part that can cost them PT but if they are tough they muscle through it or the training staff pads them well to protect the damaged body part.

However, the classic injury prone case was Rob Johnson who would light up the world and get us all hyped up but then in a game or two a seemingly normal NFL hit would result in some new malady like a broken collarbone, s joint injury or something that would cost him PT.

In his rookie year, Edwards missed a couple of games with a an ankle (I think that was the body part). Ok, its the NFL and things happen (of greater import to Edwards, JP took advantage of the chance and led the Bills to several wins in a row and could not be benched though the coaching staff wanted to)

The next season was followed by him getting stung in pre-season and losing some valuable practice (he is a young player afterall so every minute of PT can be useful). he missed a game and some practice,

Regular season saw him miss a couple of games (and seemingly have a slow recovery) from sustaining a concussion in a game.

Well maybe the pre-season injury does not count. On the other hand he does have a record of losing some PT to injury in college and as said even though if it was the regular season he apparently could have played, but missed PT at any point is critical for TE.

The jury is still out but I live in fear each time he gets hit.

We will see.