Whew! It feels good to be back on my feet

I had a car accident some years back that left me with disc problems in my lower back.....

Well last monday I am getting dressed for work....bend down to pick up my work shoes and BLAM.....my back goes out and I fall on my face......

- Couldn't get out of bed (for anything yuk) for like 4 days

- ER shoots me full of demerall and tells me to follow up with an ORTHO and physical therapy (Great...takes about 2 weeks for me to get a appt around here)

So here I am using up all my sick and vacation time trying to nurse myself back to health and not doing a good job...and a friend of the family takes me to a Chiropratic (never been to one before) that charges $25. a session.

He puts me on the table....and I am fricking lop sided......he says....lay down flat. I respond with "I am laying flat"

He sees the problem immediately....one of my bulging disks had moved in a way that it was pinching a nerve in my back.....basically making me invalid. He works he way up to it and cracks my back and the pressure was instantly relieved...he did a coupe of other adjustments on me..the whole thing took like 15 minutes and told me to see him today.

I left there able to walk....very sore but back on my feet. God I hate laying in bed.

Awesome! Chiropractors are fairly controversial. I guess you're a believer now. :lol:

Welcome to the herniated disc fraternity. Now you too can start a crusade of telling people to take care of their backs after car accidents, because the symptoms won't appear for a year after the accident.

But seriously, consider acupuncture. It's the only thing that worked for me so far. No surgery yet.

I am a diabetic.....I found out a while back when I was trying to go back into the military (National Guard). I have to check my levels every day, take meds, and keep a healthy diet.

While working out a less frequently (I used to be a 5 day a week guy.....was down to every other day now) one thing that I stopped doing that I should not have was the stretching that my PT said would keep my back limber and strong. I should not have done that and i paid for it.

Give yoga a solid consideration. I've been in class a couple of times a week for the past 2 years and my golf game has improved greatly. Not that it was great to begin with, but . . .