Schobel out for near future

I'm sure Ellis, Bryan will impress, but as we've seen in years past, Jauron & company doesn't start the better player. Fred Jackson was clearly better than A-Train in pre-season, but didn't get his chance until A-Train was injured. Same thing with Jabari Greer, he didn't see any playing time until there was an injury. IMO, Schobel is done, he's seen his better days and now is starting to pile up on injuries. There's no way anyone can justify his $8.7M a year contract. Kelsay should be a 3rd stringer or practice squad, not a starting DE.

This is why this offseason was a failure for the defense. The Bills front office did nothing to improve the pass rush. Great, they got a rookie. Rookies rarely make a significant impact. They needed to get a few good FA DEs to fix themselves up good, but they did nothing. They didn't account for Schoebel's age or Kelsay / Denney's mediocrity.

And need I mention our OLB situation?

It is going to be a long season, fellas.

He has a decent career with the Bills, look at his stats. Presently he closing out his time here.

if you count never going to the playoffs and only getting sacks at garbage time, yeah, he's been great. for once i agree with wilson saving some money, do what new england does and trade him

This is why this offseason was a failure for the defense. The Bills front office did nothing to improve the pass rush. Great, they got a rookie. Rookies rarely make a significant impact. They needed to get a few good FA DEs to fix themselves up good, but they did nothing. They didn't account for Schoebel's age or Kelsay / Denney's mediocrity.

And need I mention our OLB situation?

It is going to be a long season, fellas.

Someone has hacked todd's account! :rolleyes:

He's out with "I don't feel like playing the rest of the preseason" elbow.

sounds to me like there may be something to the talk of the Bills downsizing Schobel's huge contract.

a pre-season injury now prevents the Bills from cutting him outright without an injury settlement.