Need to shake up this team with some high profile cuts

Chuckknox

These players are way too relaxed and comfortable, this needs to be shaken up now before it is too late.

Now wait a minute, these guys like to play together sir! aND THEY ARE GREAT ON fRIDAYS.

I would say, cut Kelsay right away, then really put a shock to the system, trade Whitner if they can get something for him, otherwise cut him and if available re-sign him later to the vet minimum contract.

Maybe let Florence go too, he sucks actually if you ever watched him in San Diego.

Kelsay is actually a negative when he is out there, and Whitner adds very little.

Now wait a minute, these guys like to play together sir! aND THEY ARE GREAT ON fRIDAYS.

I would say, cut Kelsay right away, then really put a shock to the system, trade Whitner if they can get something for him, otherwise cut him and if available re-sign him later to the vet minimum contract.

Maybe let Florence go too, he sucks actually if you ever watched him in San Diego.

Kelsay is actually a negative when he is out there, and Whitner adds very little.

What would be the purpose of making these cuts in your grand plan?

Please elaborate how you think this will help us?

What would be the purpose of making these cuts in your grand plan?

Please elaborate how you think this will help us?

Kelsay is awful and we know where his play tops out. Not at a very high level. We can give a shot for some guys like Ellis and Copeland; they really can't be worse (how can you get less sack production? How can you get knocked further back in run the game?) but the upside potential is there.

Whitner is a non entity throughout his career; sorry to be the one to break the news. Tough, sure, I guess. Speaks his mind, ok. Still expensive and we theoretically have better in Byrd for free safety and I think Scott has locked down SS. Move Whitner on show the rest of the veteran starters that no one is inviable, maybe they will play a little harder they looked very lackadasical yesterday.

These players are way too relaxed and comfortable, this needs to be shaken up now before it is too late.

Cutting Kelsay and Schobel will not hurt this team in any way.

It will save buko bucks and possibly send a message although I can see Dick sugar coating it for the younger guys on the team.

Kelsay is awful and we know where his play tops out. Not at a very high level. We can give a shot for some guys like Ellis and Copeland; they really can't be worse (how can you get less sack production? How can you get knocked further back in run the game?) but the upside potential is there.

Whitner is a non entity throughout his career; sorry to be the one to break the news. Tough, sure, I guess. Speaks his mind, ok. Still expensive and we theoretically have better in Byrd for free safety and I think Scott has locked down SS. Move Whitner on show the rest of the veteran starters that no one is inviable, maybe they will play a little harder they looked very lackadasical yesterday.

Might I remind you of when he intercepted Brady in his first game ever? That was a great play in 2006.

Might I remind you of when he intercepted Brady in his first game ever? That was a great play in 2006.

I think we figured it out in an earlier thread, he is good for about one meaningful play per season.

So is Ellison, for that matter. And even Kelsay.

We need to see what Maybin can do before we jettison both Kelsay and Schobel. I'd cut one of them right now in a heartbeat.

As for Whitner, like it or not he is the best safety we have on the roster right now, sorry to be the one to break the news.

We need to see what Maybin can do before we jettison both Kelsay and Schobel. I'd cut one of them right now in a heartbeat.

As for Whitner, like it or not he is the best safety we have on the roster right now, sorry to be the one to break the news.

Thats why Scott beat him out of his SS position?

And we drafted Byrd for FS?

Thats why Scott beat him out of his SS position?

And we drafted Byrd for FS?

Have you seen Scott in coverage? He's basically another linebacker out there. Our best duo now is Whitner and Scott. If Byrd develops than our best duo will be Byrd and Whitner. Could we have a better safety tandem? Sure can. Not with anyone on this roster though.

Have you seen Scott in coverage? He's basically another linebacker out there. Our best duo now is Whitner and Scott. If Byrd develops than our best duo will be Byrd and Whitner. Could we have a better safety tandem? Sure can. Not with anyone on this roster though.

OK, I am not too set on the Whitner cut.

Kelsay has to go though, it is 2 years too late already.

Cuts? What will that do? The 4 biggest problems.... in their order of concern.

1) Jauron is not an NFL head coach.... period. At best, he's a good DB coach in the NFL. That's it.

2) Turk Schonert is not an NFL OC... period. At best, he's a lower echelon QB coach in the NFL.

3) Perry Fewell is not an NFL DC... period. Jauron is, and has been the defacto DC the past 3 years

4) Russ Brandon is not an NFL GM... he's a marketing guy, and a good one... that's it.

It starts at the top.... If Wilson is content with losers as coaches, and having a GM with no sound football knowledge and strategy, then this is is good as it gets. Wilson jettisoned the best GM in the NFL many years ago, then canned another good one a few years later. Nothing like cutting off the hands that feed you.

Hard to say how good or if the players are any good when you have a coaching staff that flat out sucks. The same staff would suck at the college level. There's no spirit, emotion, soul, purpose, or pride with this staff. This group of Bills is the most pussified in their history. Even the teams of 84 and 85 had more moxie. This coaching staff is pathetic. If you brought in Schottenheimer to coach (he's too old), this team would win at least 4 more games that with Jauron. Jauron has set a tone... behave, be nice, cum bai ah, and let's see what happens.

As Jim Mora once said... "Playoffs? Playoffs? Are you kidding?"

Sorry folks, playoffs ain't happenin this season... 55K season tix for this crap? people are dumb. What a waste of $$$, what a waste of Sunday afternoons.

Why would You want to do that? They Play SO hard and they are a great bunch of Guys don't cha know...Why add the stress of a possible Job loss to their already tough lives?

What is it? Are You expecting to actually WIN?... :sick:

Come on now...As long as these Guys continue to Practice well and Play hard what more can You ask for?...Sure it's disappointing, but it's mostly luck that wins NFL Football Games anyway...The bounce of the Ball and such... :ph34r:

OK, I am not too set on the Whitner cut.

Kelsay has to go though, it is 2 years too late already.

I always been in the camp that Kelsey isn't as terrible as he is made out to be (which he isn't) and has a role on this team. However after seeing Copeland Bryan play, I think it's time to cut CK too. There is no difference between Denney and CK (Denney is cheaper and may eve nbe better). Additionally, it would serve as a big wake up call.

I always been in the camp that Kelsey isn't as terrible as he is made out to be (which he isn't) and has a role on this team. However after seeing Copeland Bryan play, I think it's time to cut CK too. There is no difference between Denney and CK (Denney is cheaper and may eve nbe better). Additionally, it would serve as a big wake up call.

Add Schobel to the cut list and I agree- Denney plays just as well for less and plays special teams and in an emergency will play DT

Bryan, Ellis, Maybin, Mace, Denney may very well suck but at least they will suck for less money- If Schobel and Kelsay make this team then I never want to hear DJ talk about competition for positions ever again because it's a lie.