Who will be the Bill's starting QB in 2010?

trock12

Good post and I agree a 1st round QB is not the answer, firing Jauron is a start though. Is Dick Jauron the type of coach that wants gritty hard working players? Is he willing to draft/acquire tough guys like that? He seems so much of a finesse type coach.... the cover 2, the conservative offense etc etc. He is too cereberal to be a football coach, it's a barbaric game played by barbaric men. Somehow this toolbox ended up playing and then eventually coaching football, it's a depressing paradox.

Ray Maualuga, tough gritty hard hitter could have been picked twice by this team in the most recent draft, instead we go for a speed/finesse DE and two "high motor" offensive lineman and a CB, a position that this team was already extremely deep at.

So in the same post you manage to complain that he never picks "gritty hard working players", but instead picked two "high motor" offensive lineman, who so far have received pretty good reviews, although I'll admit they looked overmatched last night. Sounds like you're just pissed we didn't draft your guy Maualuga.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Jaws loves him!

I do think Trent can be a good, productive QB in this league. Like most other players in the league,

you can only be as good as your supporting cast. It's not just TE, it's the O-line looking like swiss

cheese, receivers not being in the right spot, RB's who don't hit the hole, DB's consistently playing

too deep, ZERO pass rush and most important an inept coaching staff.

Give Trent the O-line of the early 90's Cowboys and I'm sure not many fans would have a problem

with his play.

what holes did the rb's have to hit, looked like a pretty solid wall to me

what holes did the rb's have to hit, looked like a pretty solid wall to me

I was talking in generalities. More from last season, than last night.

I know this is a TE thread but yes, I do think Lynch has trouble hitting the

hole sometimes. Jackson runs behind the same line and seems to have a

better ability to hit the hole.

So in the same post you manage to complain that he never picks "gritty hard working players", but instead picked two "high motor" offensive lineman, who so far have received pretty good reviews, although I'll admit they looked overmatched last night. Sounds like you're just pissed we didn't draft your guy Maualuga.

I used quotations when I typed "high motor", I was being sarcastic as "high motor" to me is just a nice way of saying that someone tries really hard, you know the lil engine that could type players.

Being gritty and tough are two characteristics that players either have or don't have. I wouldn't consider Schobel or Kelsay to be either but both can be classified as trying really hard given their usual 35 yard circumvention of the offensive line, it must hurt to run that much every single play. Maybe Jauron thinks they're defensive backs?

I'll admit that Maualuga intrigued me but I never expected the FO to draft him but I think in today's NFL he's the type of player that will succeed, big, athletic, fast and tough.

hehe

I think if you could get a horse to throw a football, Jaws would rave about him. Actually, that would be pretty cool. But he probably wouldn't be a very good quarterback, unless he at least learned how to take a snap under center.

Our sack rate would improve considerably at least.

Trent's not the answer, I was saying that 3 years ago! He has bad mechanics that will not allow him to be successful at the Pro level.

Please go on... what bad mechanics does he have? Do not include pocket presence or ability to read defenses because that's not mechanics, just to be clear. I say this half sarcastically because maybe you have a valid point, so please throw it back in my face.

Tim Tebow. :huh:

btw, the possessive of 'Bills' is Bills', not Bill's.

By the way, "btw" is not a word. Oh, were you not paying careful attention to your grammar because you were writing on an internet message board? Imagine that.

Tim Tebow. :rolleyes:

btw, the possessive of 'Bills' is Bills', not Bill's.

I notice that you critique a lot of your fellow fan's writing abilities. Can you spot the missing apostrophe from the post, below? It is yours from August 20. Good luck.

So let me understand, an ER does not count as "access to health care"? What exactly do they get at the ER, ice cream?

And what about the people that simply choose not to spend their money on health insurance? And how about other types of insurance? I bet there are 40 millions people who don't have homeowners/renters insurance either. What should we be doing about that?

O.K. , I was being a little generous, but if I was Santa we wouldn't keep missing the playoffs. :rolleyes:

With TO we will aspire to become average. If TE won't get the ball out or is running to save his life TO won't be much help. A sh1tty run game won't help either.

Next week TO will be back and Trent will have several nice throws and move the team and probably throw a TD and he will look like he may have a nice year this season.

I hope you are right, but he will probably eat so much grass he will be a vegetarian-our Offensive Line is worse than terrible. Trent or any other QB wouldnt last the whole season behind that invisible barrier.