Favre plays two series in Vikes/Chiefs game

The Dean

He sucked. Seriously. He looked as bad as I imagined he would, given the circumstances. Took a couple of big hits, too.

Now, I understand this was his first action since the operation, and he has had almost no workout with the team. I won't try to predict his play this year based on this performance.

But for the record: He stunk.

Was this like Willy-Mays-with-the-Mets bad? Dropped passes or complete misfires/misreads?

The incompletions were nowhere near his WRs. The completion was a 4 yard pass into coverage, that may have been dropped. (The Chief players were convinced it hit the ground. No real replay to judge.)

Dean, I'm guessing he only cares about looking good on October 5th and November 1st. Sadly, I bet he can pull it off for two games. Like a friggin' tiger.

And then we get to go through the drama NEXT summer......

Dean, I'm guessing he only cares about looking good on October 5th and November 1st. Sadly, I bet he can pull it off for two games. Like a friggin' tiger.

And then we get to go through the drama NEXT summer......

But he signed a two year contract. You don't think he'll...

:thumbsup::lol:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-13-1...-Metrodome.html

For those who are interested and don't have a live TV feed, here is what happened on Favre's four passes:

1. Favre throws several yards wide of fullback Naufahu Tahi, who is about four yards away from the line of scrimmage. Linebacker Tamba Hali slams Favre to the turf after beating left tackle Bryant McKinnie.

2. Harvin makes a diving catch of a low throw at the Chiefs' 47-yard line, but the dive causes Harvin to lose first-down yardage.

3. Favre steps up in the pocket and fires about 15 yards downfield to receiver Jaymar Johnson, but the ball sails about three yards wide of Johnson.

4. Chiefs linebacker Corey Mays bursts through the middle of the Vikings' line untouched on a blitz, slamming into Favre just as he lets go of the ball. Favre's pass falls well short of Harvin down the left sideline.

Actually Farve looked pretty good. He is working with inexperienced players. A few of those should have been completions but the WR screwed up. On the long throw where he took the hit the WR should have went to the gapping hole in the center of the field but instead he got pushed to the outside. Brett threw it to where the WR should have been.

What is with all the Favre hatred? Why do *you* give a sh-- whether he retires or not? Does it affect you in any way? Can you not just turn off your television set or change the channel if you don't want to hear about it? Why should the man not be allowed to change his mind and/or play football until he dies if that is his wish? He is still better than quite a few QBs who start in the NFL today, so what makes you think that you should post your BS opinion on a Buffalo Bills forum? Seriously, I don't think Favre, the Vikings, or anyone in the NFL gives two sh*ts what any of us think, so why even waste your time complaining about it?

Sometimes I am ashamed to admit that I share a favorite team with many of you. Hopefully a blizzard will bury you alive this winter. No I'm just joking, but not really.

What is with all the Favre hatred? Why do *you* give a sh-- whether he retires or not? Does it affect you in any way? Can you not just turn off your television set or change the channel if you don't want to hear about it? Why should the man not be allowed to change his mind and/or play football until he dies if that is his wish? He is still better than quite a few QBs who start in the NFL today, so what makes you think that you should post your BS opinion on a Buffalo Bills forum? Seriously, I don't think Favre, the Vikings, or anyone in the NFL gives two sh*ts what any of us think, so why even waste your time complaining about it?

Sometimes I am ashamed to admit that I share a favorite team with many of you. Hopefully a blizzard will bury you alive this winter. No I'm just joking, but not really.

Because I'm tired of ESPN doing nothing but covering this douchebag's self entitled parade the last two years. Seriously they had a camera feed of his plane landing and him taking a car to the practice facility like he was the goddamn president.