Surprised stuckincincy didn't post this

BillsVet

Hard Knocks reveals almost everything in Cincinnati

Reading this, I would hope things aren't this bad in Buffalo. Of course, RW hires and fires coaches, but Mike Brown takes things to extremes. 18 seasons with only 1 playoff appearance and mostly sub .500 records and he's unwilling to cede control to a qualified personnel guy? IIRC, someone purchased a billboard in Cincinnati telling Brown to hire a GM.

Frankly, I wonder what Roger Goodell thinks when he looks across the league and sees teams like Cincinnati, Oakland, Detroit, and even Buffalo struggling to compete. Meanwhile the Steelers, Patriots, Giants, Eagles, Chargers, Titans, and Colts of the league consistently get into the post-season. There's little the commissioner can do in the end I suppose.

Hard Knocks reveals almost everything in Cincinnati

Reading this, I would hope things aren't this bad in Buffalo. Of course, RW hires and fires coaches, but Mike Brown takes things to extremes. 18 seasons with only 1 playoff appearance and mostly sub .500 records and he's unwilling to cede control to a qualified personnel guy? IIRC, someone purchased a billboard in Cincinnati telling Brown to hire a GM.

Frankly, I wonder what Roger Goodell thinks when he looks across the league and sees teams like Cincinnati, Oakland, Detroit, and even Buffalo struggling to compete. Meanwhile the Steelers, Patriots, Giants, Eagles, Chargers, Titans, and Colts of the league consistently get into the post-season. There's little the commissioner can do in the end I suppose.

Child Please

I think it speaks volumes that they aren't willing to pay Smith a little more than DHB got even though he was picked before DHB. Thats just stupid on the Bengals part...any Tackle taken 6th overall should expect to be paid more than a WR drafted a pick later. I don't blame Smith at all for holding out, totally different situation than Crabtree.

" Later, during a coaches' evaluation meeting, receivers coach Mike Sheppard says, "85 [Ochocinco] has some plays that he takes off." "

Figures. Everyone remember Mike Sheppard? Greggo's first OC here?

I think it speaks volumes that they aren't willing to pay Smith a little more than DHB got even though he was picked before DHB. Thats just stupid on the Bengals part...any Tackle taken 6th overall should expect to be paid more than a WR drafted a pick later. I don't blame Smith at all for holding out, totally different situation than Crabtree.

Here's an alternative viewpoint:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009082...+to+get+in+camp