Bills Direct

Realist

Says so on the depth chart on the web site: http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depthchart.jsp

At least they are not afraid to make changes where warranted. I'm wondering if there were concerns about Teague heading into the season, because they seemed to really want to insert Tucker as the backup center....

Says so on the depth chart on the web site: http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depthchart.jsp

At least they are not afraid to make changes where warranted.  I'm wondering if there were concerns about Teague heading into the season, because they seemed to really want to insert Tucker as the backup center....

111362[/snapback]

I'll buy that, Dan. Still thinking about how they waited til the last minute to pick up Teague's roster bonus option. And as far as making changes - how many games do you think this coaching staff would've given Mike Pucillo last season? Certainly not the whole season (until he got hurt), I'd wager....

I'll buy that, Dan. Still thinking about how they waited til the last minute to pick up Teague's roster bonus option. And as far as making changes - how many games do you think this coaching staff would've given Mike Pucillo last season? Certainly not the whole season (until he got hurt), I'd wager....

111371[/snapback]

Do you think that Bills Brass views Teague as either a starting or backup LT next year? It wouldn't surprise me.

Do you think that Bills Brass views Teague as either a starting or backup LT next year? It wouldn't surprise me.

111379[/snapback]

Depends on whether Tucker stays at LG, or moves to C and they find another LG, I guess. For that matter - even though I like what I've seen from him, I'd have to give Ross Tucker a few more games before voting him into the Pro Bowl. (Exaggerated for effect, but I think you know where I'm going with that...)

Considering that the coaches who originally moved Teague to C are no longer here? More likely than last year. I'm still not entirely convinced Jennings is gone, though. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out, and how that affects his asking price.....

I thought Tucker and Smith were "co-starters?"  :(

111666[/snapback]

:D

Haven't looked at the depth chart to see whether there are lines 1a and 1b. Seeing Smith standing on the sideline while Tucker came out with the starting offense is what did it for me.....

There's no doubt Clements/McNally like some skills in space from their linemen and Smith just doesn't have the feet to do it, although as a pure pass blocker in the middle he performed far better than what we were used to starting the season at LG. Teague is so good on the move that it shouldn't be any surprise that they want to keep him in the middle where he can quickly get outside blocks to either side for Willis (the thing he was doing so well prior to getting dinged up). While the quality of our line players is being upgraded in most fan's minds right now, I'm more inclined to credit the staff with teaching a whole new system to a decent talent base, finally finding the right pegs for the appropriate holes, and as important as either of those factors accepting that the very deliberative running style of Willis McGahee makes our run blocking appear to be much more effective (when in fact it's no different than the blocking they provide for Travis).

The promise in all this is that we've suffered through recent seasons when the coaching staff didn't seem able to think on their feet during the season to make the types of adjustments Mularkey and staff have begun to undertake. Now I just need to convince them to let someone other than Nate return punts ;-)