Bills @ Ravens Tailgate Information

R. Rich

Okay, I talked to the manager at Sliders yesterday and here's what we know so far:

They will block off the street for the tailgate, so we'll have access to the upstairs, downstairs, and the outside area again.

They will have a beer truck set up outside and there will be a 2 for 1 beer special (probably Yuengling and Miller Lite).

There will be a live band; a local band called "Fat Tuesdays". I hear they're good, but I don't know that much about them.

We'll have a buffet set up outside with different foods like wings, chicken tenders, BBQ sandwiches, chili, etc. available.

Since we expect the turnout to be about twice what we had last time (originally, I thought about 300, but it should be more like 200), we need to have a buffet set up so that we don't overwhelm their kitchen staff. The cost for the buffet will be around $10 per person, which, for the amount of food that will be available and the fact that this is Baltimore, is DIRT CHEAP!! The beer special will end up being about $1.50 per beer ($3 beer-2 for 1 special). Not bad at all.

What I'll need from those who plan to attend is some suggestions in regards to what types of food you'd like to see on the buffet. They told me that they can arrange it so that we can have just about anything we like on the buffet, but they do need to know in advance. Please post any suggestions you have, so that I can let them know what we'd like to have. I'd like to get the menu situated soon, so that we can start collecting the party fees (we'll need to make a deposit at least 2 weeks in advance) and get everything set up. I'm also open to any other suggestions you may have that will make this tailgate even greater.

OK - I'm still confused by this party at Sliders. This is the actual tailgate party just before the game on Sunday Oct 24? It's at a bar rather than at the stadium?

Is there also a bar where Bills fans will watch the game together if they are NOT going to the game?

OK - I'm still confused by this party at Sliders.  This is the actual tailgate party just before the game on Sunday Oct 24? It's at a bar rather than at the stadium?

Is there also a bar where Bills fans will watch the game together if they are NOT going to the game?

8759[/snapback]

Yes, the tailgate is at the bar. It's not far from the stadium (maybe 2 blocks) and the ownership is very good to deal with. Anyone can go there, whether they plan on attending the game or if they intend to watch the game at the bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey R.Rich,

I was wondering about the ticket situation for this game as well in Baltimore, are a lot of people attending this event and then going to the game or just tailgating? My wife and I stopped in Baltimore this weekend and she wants to go back...as I thought about it for a second I said to myself "what a better time then when the Bills are in town???" :rolleyes:

Hey R.Rich,

I was wondering about the ticket situation for this game as well in Baltimore, are a lot of people attending this event and then going to the game or just tailgating? My wife and I stopped in Baltimore this weekend and she wants to go back...as I thought about it for a second I said to myself "what a better time then when the Bills are in town???"  ;)

21063[/snapback]

There will be a lot of people who will go to the tailgatg but not go to the game due to the price and limited availability of tickets.

Tickets? Check with the various ticket brokers, eBay, or even check out Ravens message boards or sunspot.net's(Baltimore Sun website) classifieds. Beyond that, I can't help you. I'm getting my tickets through a broker.

And, the next time you stop through Baltimore and don't even have the decency to let me know about it, you're in trouble, mister!

There will be a lot of people who will go to the tailgatg but not go to the game due to the price and limited availability of tickets.

Tickets?  Check with the various ticket brokers, eBay, or even check out Ravens message boards or sunspot.net's(Baltimore Sun website) classifieds.  Beyond that, I can't help you.  I'm getting my tickets through a broker.

And, the next time you stop through Baltimore and don't even have the decency to let me know about it, you're in trouble, mister!

21666[/snapback]

Awesome! Thanks for the info!!! And Ill be sure to notify you about any times Im in Baltimore, and I will know for sure if we weill be able to go to Baltimore by next week

I just checked Amtrack and I can take a train right from New London, CT to Baltimore.  Are there any hotels near the tailgate where I can get a room for 3 nights? 

Maybe the big question is do I want to do this?  What do you guys think?

30557[/snapback]

No you don't want to do it.

I just checked Amtrack and I can take a train right from New London, CT to Baltimore.  Are there any hotels near the tailgate where I can get a room for 3 nights? 

Maybe the big question is do I want to do this?  What do you guys think?

30557[/snapback]

How much outright abuse do you think you can stand?

Guess I am getting the message that I should save my money and not go...as for the issue of how much abuse I can take...I work with Nervous Guy 5 days a week...

30763[/snapback]

Aw, come on. We were thinking of setting up a dunking booth.

30557[/snapback]

There are several within walking distance, if you consider walking distance to Sliders being a mile or so. Just look for hotels listed as being in the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. If you want exact ones, let me know and I'll look some up from my notes when I came down there in April.

There are several within walking distance, if you consider walking distance to Sliders being a mile or so. Just look for hotels listed as being in the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. If you want exact ones, let me know and I'll look some up from my notes when I came down there in April.

31596[/snapback]

Jack you're a traitor. How dare you give aid and comfort to the enemy? You can be shot or worse be forced to sit next to Ed next time he watches Golden Girls.

Try the Holiday Inn inner harbor. I have stayed there many times. Word of warning the parking gargage next across the street from the Holiday Inn is for Days inn parking guests. I got screwed out of $20 because the knucklehead inside the Holiday inn said it was OK to park there. What a bonehead.

Bone...

Last time I got on priceline and offered (I think) $75 ( I started at $50 and they rejected it so I bumped it up) for a 4 star inner harbour hotel....

We stayed right on the harbour 15 stories up...BEAUTIFUL!!!

try it...if you look at all the hotel prices there, they are very high....if you do priceline, there are NO REFUNDS so don't try it unless you know the dates for sure...

we took a cab late night to the "bar scene"...all the stuff is within walking distance if you have 15-20 mins to kill at the most...

someone else got the same deal I did when I told them about Priceline the last time the Bills were in Baltimore...

Thats where Im going to get the hotel.....

Good luck....

Hopefully we'll meet at Sliders.....(you'll owe me a beer if it saves you bundles of cash!)