STOCK UP / STOCK DOWN

Pick 3 players whose stock has risen after week 1 preseason, and pick 3 players whose stock decreased after week 1 preseason :unsure:

STOCK UP

1. Ellis Lankster - Reminds me of Jabari Greer... If McGee leaves in 2010 - I seriously think this guy and corner are going to have a dogfight for #2 CB.

2. John Stupar - Impressive! Catches everything thrown to him.

3. Chris Ellis - I know its just backups - but Chris Ellis has may himself known after last night making two great plays in a row

STOCK DOWN

1. Dominic Rhodes - A vet with a ring... but he should understand when to call fair catches on punt returns.

2. Roscoe Parrish - He wants a role with the offense and is just showing why he shouldn't be out there with the starters.

3. KO Simpson - Covering backups - still can't get the job done.

What do you think?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupar up. Ellis up. Lankster I think was already on thee radar.

Shouman down, Ko down (and pretty much out). Kelsay and Dennay the usual failings so cant go lower

I know the ends can't get pressure every play... but watching them last night... THERE WAS NO PRESSURE AT ALL!

Considering the $$$ contracts - I wish the Bills would realize that these guys aren't doing their jobs for that kind of money. Changes need to be made in the trenches on the D side of the ball.

It's preseason - let's play Chris Ellis a bit more... and MAYBIN WHEN HE SIGNS! :unsure:

stock up:

Lankster - 2 picks

Harris - athletic playmaking

Copeland Bryant - good pressure, sack/fumble - maybe Kelsay or Denney should be concerned

Stock down:

Ko Simpson - doesn't seem to know how to cover people at an NFL level

Ashton Youboty - hasn't done anything, in last year of contract, position is crowded and he has trouble staying healthy

Bruce Hall - thought he'd outshine Omon for the 4 spot this year, only has a couple good plays (and against scrubs) and that's with a LOT of playing time

edit - I forgot Stupar. I'd put him over Bryant I guess. He seems like a rugged TE, catches everything, tough as hell. I think we keep 4 TE's this year cause this guy can really contribute.

Stupar has really impressed me so far this preseason and I think he might has way onto the roster. The problem being the coaching staff seems enamored with Schouman and Fine leaving little room for a 4th TE on the roster.

Stupar has really impressed me so far this preseason and I think he might has way onto the roster. The problem being the coaching staff seems enamored with Schouman and Fine leaving little room for a 4th TE on the roster.

I know. I think they make room. Dump a special teams only guy that normally sneaks on the roster for a guy that can actually contribute otherwise. I'm looking at you Wendling.

UP.

I thought Mace did a great job yesterday as did most of the second unit D line.

Roscoe played like he was fighting for a spot.

Ya gotta like Jenkins.

Nic Harris will beat out Ellison before the year is up.

DOWN.

KO Simple - he will only stick if injuries to Scott & Flo are serious.

Bowen did not do enough. I'd like to see him make it tho.

No. 1 O-line has too be able to run block better

UP.

I thought Mace did a great job yesterday as did most of the second unit D line.

Roscoe played like he was fighting for a spot.

Ya gotta like Jenkins.

Nic Harris will beat out Ellison before the year is up.

DOWN.

KO Simple - he will only stick if injuries to Scott & Flo are serious.

Bowen did not do enough. I'd like to see him make it tho.

No. 1 O-line has too be able to run block better

I hope you are right

Pick 3 players whose stock has risen after week 1 preseason, and pick 3 players whose stock decreased after week 1 preseason :unsure:

STOCK UP

1. Ellis Lankster - Reminds me of Jabari Greer... If McGee leaves in 2010 - I seriously think this guy and corner are going to have a dogfight for #2 CB.

3. Chris Ellis - I know its just backups - but Chris Ellis has may himself known after last night making two great plays in a row

STOCK DOWN

1. Dominic Rhodes - A vet with a ring... but he should understand when to call fair catches on punt returns.

2. Roscoe Parrish - He wants a role with the offense and is just showing why he shouldn't be out there with the starters.

What do you think?

I thought Roscoe looked real good with the offense two weeks in a row. His stock is likely rising.

UP:

Jonathan Stupar: Tough as nails, incredibly hard worker, opens up holes in the running game and makes the difficult catches over the middle. Kicked my ass in Halo 3 last week too :unsure:

Ellis Lankster: I think Mr. Lankster has figured this NFL game out. What impresses me is that we've been hearing about him consistently. I hate hearing positive reports about a player in the offseason...or in training camp...and then they never amount to anything when it comes time to showing up on the field. Fluff pieces are fine and dandy, but I need to see results. We've heard nothing but great things about his offseason and he's exploded during the preseason. Bodes well for his future.

Nic Harris: Not only is he a disruptive force on the field, but his energy is contagious. I watched him on the sidelines just jumping around, headbutting other players...call him Electro because the man is simply electricity. Lets hope he keeps up this high level of play and sends Ellison to the bench (or the unemployment line...God I hate Ellison and his high school frame).

DOWN

Ataefiok Etukeren: Granted, he had no shot at making the team anyways...but damn this guy was atrocious. Whiffed on the QB twice last night, and managed to trip over himself in the process. Will probably be the player we release when Maybin signs tomorrow.

John McCargo: Injured again last night...after an entire offseason of praise, he just can't seem to put it together on the field when it counts.

Derek Schouman: He starts again because...?

Dominic Rhodes has never been used on punt return teams in the NFL. He's made some nice TDs on kick offs, though. His forte has been mostly to push it in from short yardage near the goal line, which he did again last night. The Bills are just looking hard for someone/anyone so they can trade Parrish.

I wouldn't get too excited about Corey McIntyre becoming the next Cookie Gilchrist. It was pretty much Pop Warner by then. I would get excited about Shawn Nelson out of the slot in the red zone. I hope that becomes a very common sight. Lankster may put the last nail in Youboty's coffin.

The Bills said that Bryan Scott's knee sprain isn't serious, but said nothing about Florence's? If Florence is long-term, that might save Youboty. Personally, I don't care much for either F or Y.

I am going to stick to guys on the bubble:

Up: Mace--just seems to make plays--made an awesome tackle on an outside run last night--great quicks for a big guy; Marcus Buggs-good command of the calls and good movement-not much of a drop-off and possibly an upgrade from the Pizza Man at MLB; Brandon Rodd--currently filling #2 Center--looked good last night

Down: Simpson, Wendling, Rhodes -- all look to be on the bubble.

STOCK UP

STOCK DOWN

What do you think?

I think it is way to premature on Lankster also disagree that Simpson is down because he was rated low to begin with.

So... as replacements on your list:

Hamden ...down ... too inconsistent

Edwards .... up .. shown flashes of good stuff with T.O. and no huddle