2008 Bills allowed a first drive TD 44% of the time

Beerball

We know it, we've said it, we'll say it again...our tendency has been to give up points early & late in games. Gotta fix that.

Link

& another thing...folks can spout off all they want about how advantageous it is to defer the opening KO. My response...bullshite. You've got one of the best ST coaches & one of the best KO returners use them out of the gate. The fact that the team's tendency has been to allow first drive TDs half the time only strengthens my belief.

& another thing...folks can spout off all they want about how advantageous it is to defer the opening KO. My response...bullshite. You've got one of the best ST coaches & one of the best KO returners use them out of the gate. The fact that the team's tendency has been to allow first drive TDs half the time only strengthens my belief.

In theory I like the idea of starting out the second half with the ball because if you can end the 1st half with the ball you have an opportunity to score twice without the opponent touching it.

That being said though you make a good point. With the Bills special teams being their main strength and that defensive statistic you quoted, it does seem silly for DJ to continue to do that.

We know it, we've said it, we'll say it again...our tendency has been to give up points early & late in games. Gotta fix that.

Link

With those kinda numbers I have to agree with you. I think I would be taking the ball first. Even for just a while to see if the stat changes for the better.

With those kinda numbers I have to agree with you. I think I would be taking the ball first. Even for just a while to see if the stat changes for the better.

Especially this year with the no huddle offense. Can you imagine the pressure put on the other team if the Bills were able to get the ball to start the game, go right down the field and score quickly? In no time the other team is down 7 points.

Especially this year with the no huddle offense. Can you imagine the pressure put on the other team if the Bills were able to get the ball to start the game, go right down the field and score quickly? In no time the other team is down 7 points.

Now you can wake up from the dream.

Now you can wake up from the dream.

You know, I'm kinda curious how this offense is going to look with T.O. I'm encouraged that they would even consider a no huddle strategy. I just have no faith in the coaching staff. Run on the first two downs predictability is the way they like to do things. I think Evans and Owens could possibly do some damage on opening drives if allowed to.