Ralph silenced some posters yesterday

Where did you get that inaccurate and ridiculous version of how the stadium came to be named after him? That is absolutely wrong. When the stadium was first built the stadium's naming rights were sold to Rich Products. Thus the stadium was named Rich Stadium. The owner was furious. He would not even allow Rich dairy products to be sold in the stadium. If there was a HOF for pettiness he would be a first ballot seclection. When the contract for the naming rights ran out Wilson demanded that he get the naming rights. Thus the stadium he didn't pay for was named after him by him. Instead of the county deservedly receiving naming right payments to defray some of the costs associated with maintaining the stadium, it gets nothing. Pataki had nothing to do with urging the stadium being named after the grumpy owner. It was demanded by the self inflated owner who used his standard not so veiled threats to get his way.

Being a loyal fan doesn't mean that one has to write fiction to show undying loyalty to a dismal franchise. :rolleyes:

Not true. And Pataki had much to do with the stadium being named after RW. You are totally wrong that RW wanted to name the stadium after himself. He didn't even want the fieldhouse named after him.

Being a disgruntled fan doesn't mean one has to write fiction to show undying disloyalty to a GREAT franchise (I'd use an emoticon but I don't like them. That and there isn't one of a figure blowing smoke out of his a**).

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He told you where to find it. If you're too lazy to do some work yourself, why should he bother?

I dont need a book to see his accomplishments..He is a owner of a NFL franchise that hasnt won a SuperBowl in its 42 year history of SUPERBOWLS..LOL..Im not lazy I just dont see how his accomplishment of owning an NFL team that has never accomplished its goal of winning a NFL Superbowl makes the Hall of Fame....Its that simple..

I dont need a book to see his accomplishments..He is a owner of a NFL franchise that hasnt won a SuperBowl in its 42 year history of SUPERBOWLS..LOL..Im not lazy Idont see how his accomplishemnt of owning a NFL team that he has never accomplished its goal of winning a NFL Superbowl....Its that simple..

So you're not lazy, you're stupid.

He was instrumental in getting the NFL to agree to splitting the TV money equally with all teams. Without that there is no Buffalo Bills, or Green Bay Packers.

Again, listen to Berman's speech again, and he will outline some of Ralph's contributions to the NFL.

So you're not lazy, you're stupid.

He was instrumental in getting the NFL to agree to splitting the TV money equally with all teams. Without that there is no Buffalo Bills, or Green Bay Packers.

Again, listen to Berman's speech again, and he will outline some of Ralph's contributions to the NFL.

This conversation is over..You dont like my opinion fine...But to call someone stupid for not agreeing is pompous and conceited....

This conversation is over..You dont like my opinion fine...But to call someone stupid for not agreeing is pompous and conceited....

Calling you stupid for not knowing there is more to Ralph than owing the Bills. You keep insisting he did nothing. Someone tells you where to find the information and you dismiss him. I give you one piece of info and you dismiss me.

Clearly you don't WANT to know what Ralph has done to deserve the HOF. You asked what he has done, but have paid no attention to the responses.

So you are lazy, stupid, ignorant...or what? You tell me.

A disagreement is one thing, if the other person acknowledges the facts, or refutes them. You have done neither.

Just as I though..t you cant back it up...CYA

WTF! Are you just trying to bait me into something here? Can't back it up? Go find somebody who gives a crap to argue something you're too lazy or incredulous to look up yourself. As I said, if you think RW was elected to the HOF because he owns the Bills you're wrong. He was elected for his contributions to the game. Write him a letter if you're so pissed off.

GO BILLS!!!

Calling you stupid for not knowing there is more to Ralph than owing the Bills. You keep insisting he did nothing. Someone tells you where to find the information and you dismiss him. I give you one piece of info and you dismiss me.

Clearly you don't WANT to know what Ralph has done to deserve the HOF. You asked what he has done, but have paid no attention to the responses.

So you are lazy, stupid, ignorant...or what? You tell me.

A disagreement is one thing, if the other person acknowledges the facts, or refutes them. You have done neither.

Although "stupid" was a little harsh, you're right on this point. To claim that Ralph only got in because he owns an NFL team is pretty silly.

Calling you stupid for not knowing there is more to Ralph than owing the Bills.

Why on earth should anyone in Buffalo care? I'm not an "NFL fan". I'm a BILLS fan. For God's sake. Let's all start glorifying his WWII career now.

Why on earth should anyone in Buffalo care? I'm not an "NFL fan". I'm a BILLS fan. For God's sake. Let's all start glorifying his WWII career now.

There is no Bills w/o Ralph and what he did for the AFL and the NFL, THAT'S why a Bills fan should care. Too obvious for you?

There is no Bills w/o Ralph and what he did for the AFL and the NFL, THAT'S why a Bills fan should care. Too obvious for you?

No, too obtuse. Unless what you're saying is, Bills fans should feel lucky to "even have a team to watch." Is that what you're saying?

No, too obtuse. Unless what you're saying is, Bills fans should feel lucky to "even have a team to watch." Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying there is no Bills w/o Ralph. First of all, it is unlikely another owner would have put a team in Buffalo. It is less likely another owner would have kept the team in Buffalo. And, without the splitting of the TV revenue, a team in a market like Buffalo would be totally un-viable.

So, put it any way you want. If you are a Bills fan, Packers fan, or a fan of any other smaller market, you have Ralph to thank. But other than that, who cares about Ralph Wilson?

:wallbash::w00t::lol:

You have an amazing knack for not answering questions but seeming like you did. But I'll just take it at face value and assume that you did mean that we should feel so lucky to have a team that we can't be pissed off at some of the things the owner has done, and voice such displeasure when we feel it's appropriate to do so. I frankly disagree, and feel that while I am indeed happy he decided to pick Buffalo after his first choice, the Miami thing, fell through, I am unhappy about some of his decisions and choices.

You have an amazing knack for not answering questions but seeming like you did. But I'll just take it at face value and assume that you did mean that we should feel so lucky to have a team that we can't be pissed off at some of the things the owner has done, and voice such displeasure when we feel it's appropriate to do so.

I have never suggested people refrain from voicing displeasure with Ralph, or anyone else, when they think it is required. I certainly have many times in my life.

The argument here was that Ralph has done nothing to make the HOF. That is simply incorrect.

I have never suggested people refrain from voicing displeasure with Ralph, or anyone else, when they think it is required. I certainly have many times in my life.

The argument here was that Ralph has done nothing to make the HOF. That is simply incorrect.

Fair call. He deserved it. I agree. But he's still a mook.