Stopping the run

All the focus has been on our secondary. How is our D going to do against the run? I am a little concern. I can see Chris Johnson and Lendell "no more patron" White running all over us on Sunday.

I think that concerns many of us. We have watched year in and year out a porous run D. But I remain somewhat optimistic as long as McCargo shows something. If not it might be a long season of watching teams pound the rock down our throat. Our LB's are too small to come into a solid run support scheme for an entire game.

That's a good question. The last two preseasons, offenses routinely gouged the Bills with 11-18 play drives... yeah, consistently. That carried over into the regular season. The Bills defense has a threshold of about 63 plays... any more than that, bad things happen. So, if it happens on Sun. night.... you can count on it carrying over into the season. And, if that happens, you can count on another top 15 pick in the draft.

All the focus has been on our secondary. How is our D going to do against the run? I am a little concern. I can see Chris Johnson and Lendell "no more patron" White running all over us on Sunday.

i think our run d --at least last yrs --was decent...its the rush of course thats the ???...

That's a good question. The last two preseasons, offenses routinely gouged the Bills with 11-18 play drives... yeah, consistently. That carried over into the regular season. The Bills defense has a threshold of about 63 plays... any more than that, bad things happen. So, if it happens on Sun. night.... you can count on it carrying over into the season. And, if that happens, you can count on another top 15 pick in the draft.

Lie more in your posts, would ya?

Lie more in your posts, would ya?

I am not so sure it is a lie. I didnt see a great run D on the field last year. And I certainly didnt see it in the pre season. Yeah, maybe we didnt allow alot of points, but when the opposing team has the ball more than we do its hard to win in this league. So when they cram it down our throats to the 20, then settle for three, sprinkle in a few TDs and our O produces squat couped with crap coaching that equates to more losses than wins. Sorry for the venting!

I am not so sure it is a lie. I didnt see a great run D on the field last year. And I certainly didnt see it in the pre season. Yeah, maybe we didnt allow alot of points, but when the opposing team has the ball more than we do its hard to win in this league. So when they cram it down our throats to the 20, then settle for three, sprinkle in a few TDs and our O produces squat couped with crap coaching that equates to more losses than wins. Sorry for the venting!

Our run defense was very good for the first 6 or so games. To say that it carried over from the preseason is completely false. Also, our defense was very good on 3rd down and did not allow very many 1st downs.

Our run defense was very good for the first 6 or so games. To say that it carried over from the preseason is completely false. Also, our defense was very good on 3rd down and did not allow very many 1st downs.

I didnt really dispute the carry over into the season from pre season. I just stated they didnt look good in the pre and for the overall season our run D stunk. 6 games of being good and 10 of bad gets ya ...um....7-9. Our D is too small and as the season grinds on the small bodies break down.

I didnt really dispute the carry over into the season from pre season. I just stated they didnt look good in the pre and for the overall season our run D stunk. 6 games of being good and 10 of bad gets ya ...um....7-9. Our D is too small and as the season grinds on the small bodies break down.

I think the run defense is going to let us down this year. I keep have nightmares of Jones, Maroney and Brown running over ellison!

Thats not really fair, Ellison is pretty decent in coverage. He is a good situational player forced into a full time role due to our lack of LB depth.

Very decent situational player and backup. Not crazy about him starting, though.