TO & Jim Rome

major

Where do you find the Rome gets burned at last idea?

This is funny:

Rome ripped Owens' unreality show in legendary fashion during Tuesday's Jim Rome Is Burning on ESPN, based on the recent report from John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal that the much-hyped debut of The T.O. Show landed at No. 798 in the cable television ratings for the week, tied with a 5:00 a.m. showing of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Meanwhile, Ourand has reported via Twitter that the second episode of The T.O. Show tied for 862nd in the weekly cable ratings, placing it just behind a 3:30 a.m. showing of Brandy and Mr. Whiskers on The Disney Channel.

:wallbash:

JR started off his burns today, jumpin' right on T.O.

Basically backin' off any ill will and showing a clip from 2003 when T.O. was on his show, complaining about not being paid enough...

Ended with " Oh, and 'to' (sic), smell ya later."

<_<

A similar topic was just on Rome's ESPN show - the description was "Owens - good fit for Buffalo?" and Rome was talking about it with 2 guests. I was in the employee cafeteria so I could barely hear it - anyone happen to catch it, and what they discussed? I ask because it seemed like a fairly heated discussion that went on for a few minutes.

The one panelist (who says he's from Buffalo) claimed that if Owens acts up, we Buffalonians will be all over him, not because he's acting up or not performing, but because he's black. Rome and the other panelist both seemed to be rolling their eyes on that stupidity

Guest dog14787

VH-1's ratings on an average must be fairly low regardless of what they air unless its a concert or something. So why should we expect high ratings on a channel most folks don't watch to begin with, its just not happeneing. This is the first time I've watched VH-1 ( because of T.O. show) in ages so it goes to show VH-1 is probably picking up extra viewers. I'm not into reality shows, but I'll watch T.O. because I'm somewhat fascinated by him, mainly because he's a Bills player now. Plus, he's one of the best athletes that ever stepped onto the football field.

I've got a great idea, why don't more Bills fans tune in and get others to tune in also. Chances are, had T.O. been in Dallas, VH-1 ratings would be double or triple what they are now so lets do what we can for the T.O. show.

Rome ripped Owens' unreality show in legendary fashion during Tuesday's Jim Rome Is Burning on ESPN, based on the recent report from John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal that the much-hyped debut of The T.O. Show landed at No. 798 in the cable television ratings for the week, tied with a 5:00 a.m. showing of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Meanwhile, Ourand has reported via Twitter that the second episode of The T.O. Show tied for 862nd in the weekly cable ratings, placing it just behind a 3:30 a.m. showing of Brandy and Mr. Whiskers on The Disney Channel.

<_<

:blink:

Jesus, TO almost makes Rome look smart (by comparison).

Rome's an idiot. TO would be better served to ignore his remarks than to fuel the fire.....Oh...wait...

The more Rome talks about TO and the show (even if it is in a bad light), the more likely it is to help TO's audience (even if it is only for a week...until they discover it really does suck).

I take it all back. TO is a freakin' genius!

The one panelist (who says he's from Buffalo) claimed that if Owens acts up, we Buffalonians will be all over him, not because he's acting up or not performing, but because he's black. Rome and the other panelist both seemed to be rolling their eyes on that stupidity

That's pretty ridiculous - glad I couldn't hear it then.

Does this include replays of each episode as well?

Also, even though the show is promoted as airing at 10pm ET each Monday, at noon every Monday the show is aired, that's when my DVR records it. What's up with that?

Because more people are working at noon on Monday and more people can watch at 10pm

Does this include replays of each episode as well?

Good point. Unlike most programs on broadcast networks, cable programs are usually sold based on their cumulative ratings (the number of different households/demographic they reach with all airings of the same episode combined).