Ever been in the doctor's office waiting room....?

Heels20X6

Reminds me of one of my favorite Everybody Loves Raymond scenes, where Ray's mom drives through the wall into the living room:

Ray: "Mom, what are you doing, why didn't you let Dad drive!!!?"

Mom: "Well, your father can't see as well as he used to!"

Dad: "I could see a house..."

:lol:

Years ago I went home to BFLO (S. Cheektowaga) and I was sitting wacthing TV in the front living room around 01:00... All of a sudden I hear a screetch going around the corner where our house is... The next thing I see is a car smashing into a neighbor's house four houses down past the curve... Then I see about 3 guys jump out of the car and run for the fields behind the house... A few seconds later, the Cheektowaga police (they were chasing them) came to give pursuit on foot... I am like WTF? Nothing on TV can match this. Nobody was hurt except the house and they barely missed the gas meter! Obviusly the perps didn't know where they were... Since they turned down our street (and another) that only has one way in and one way out back on to a main road! :lol::lol:

Did they catch the dudes?

I think if you want to drive on a private lot, with no training, knock yourself out. You want to shoot on a private range with no training, go crazy. Feel like boating on a private lake, drink a 40 and go kill yourself. I respect every adult's right to be as reckless as they wish, if they are only endangering themselves.

I just have an issue when these things are operated by bozos in public, when they can hurt other people.

Full disclosure: I was taking my parents' car to go to the store to get beer and pot when I was 13-14 years old.

They sold pot at the store?

In the parking lot maybe. Did you put it on a card so you could refuse payment if you got ripped off? :wallbash:

They sold pot at the store?

I see the issue here. To paraphrase Daffy Duck, "Preposition Trouble".

"At a store", not "from a store".

We give licenses to people with a minimal of training and testing. It is absurd. IMO, you should have to pass a comprehensive driving test to get a license. Something along the lines of getting a pilot's license, but slightly less intense, and much less costly. You should have to repeat some, or all, of that test every time you renew your license (which as noted could be an 8-10 year period).

You should be able to successfully complete an obstacle course, demonstrate skid control, show good judgment and maneuverability in unexpected situations, etc. At the minimum, comprehensive eye and reaction tests should be given regularly.

We give a license to every idiot that can drive a few blocks and, maybe, parallel park once. We do a similar thing with guns. We are a country of idiots.

But then their husbands would have to drive all the time.