Is Florio the new Mort?

Florio is really starting to reach with his anti-Bills and anti-TO stories. I don't usually buy into the idea that the "media hates Buffalo" crap, but Florio and PFT is getting to that point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...the-inevitable/

"Whether it was a Freudian slip or merely an awkward choice of words, the back end of that quote implies a realization by Edwards that, sooner or later, he's going to have to deal with Owens calling him gay or calling him out for getting tired or complaining that Edwards is throwing too many passes to other players or giving the quarterback a hard time in some new way."

Useless "stories" like that only make his site look less credible. Keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned. I could care less about what Mike Florio and his colleagues think about the Buffalo Bills in the first place. He'll break a story a little early once in a while (i.e. the Marshawn one yesterday) but other than that it's a bunch of crap.

Florio is really starting to reach with his anti-Bills and anti-TO stories. I don't usually buy into the idea that the "media hates Buffalo" crap, but Florio and PFT is getting to that point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...the-inevitable/

"Whether it was a Freudian slip or merely an awkward choice of words, the back end of that quote implies a realization by Edwards that, sooner or later, he's going to have to deal with Owens calling him gay or calling him out for getting tired or complaining that Edwards is throwing too many passes to other players or giving the quarterback a hard time in some new way."

Florio's site is an entertainment site, not a sports site. As such, he will slant every story and crack wise to suit his needs.

As much fun as Pro Football is, it's not interesting enough to provide all day entertainment every day, unless you do what he does - insinuate, speculate, wisecrack and sometimes just make stuff up. He definitely has his favorites and non-favorites, and unlike a real sports reporter, he lets all his biases show.

Nice job by Florio of hacking up Curran's story to serve his own purposes. Here's the original, with the full quote from Edwards:

How does Bills quarterback Trent Edwards propose to deal with Owens’ foot-stomping when Edwards knows Owens has had run-ins with every starter he’s ever played with, including Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb and Tony Romo, all of whom have been to the Pro Bowl?

“You avoid that by winning,” said Edwards. “Winning football games solves everything, regardless of who it is — quarterback, receiver, offensive lineman. It’s a matter of handling a situation maturely, and that’s the bottom line. If you communicate well and you’re able to speak your mind and listen to what the other person’s saying, then hopefully you’re going to listen to what they’re saying and implement that into the offense and your play. There really shouldn’t be a problem. I mean, right now there isn’t one, so I’m not sitting here late at night trying to figure out what’s going to happen when I do face that problem. So it’s kind of one of those situations where I’m going to kind of deal with it if it does happen. We’re planning on that not happening because we’re going to win.”

The Edwards thing was really weak. Florio is quoting his colleague Tom Curran. The piece is weak because nothing prevented Curran from asking Edwards "what do you mean 'WHEN I face the problem?" Of course, had he asked, Trent could have explained what he meant. But in the world of GOTCHA journalism, Curran and Florio were only too happy to take the quote and decide it's context.

Criticize these idi_ots and they'll hide behind the fact that they are a blog and not real journalists. Still, they bear reponsibility for what they post. THis was probably one of the weakeast moments I've ever seen on PTF. What a shame. It's normally a pretty good site.