Why is Antonio Pierce any different than Lynch?

And Marshawn wasn't in "shock" when he hit a young lady with his car??? Caveman, you're better than that!

Perhaps the young lady was profiling Marshawn and threw herself in front of the car? You are grasping at straws here cap. We all want Lycnh back on the field but he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Perhaps the young lady was profiling Marshawn and threw herself in front of the car? You are grasping at straws here cap. We all want Lycnh back on the field but he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Fair enough. But do you think that 3 games drives home the point better than 2 games, or even 1? Does suspending him at all drive home the point better than being on probation for his misdemeanor?

I don't have a problem with the commish's decision, just be CONSISTENT!!

Practice what you preach...now you're the one spewing garbage.

What do I preach? And regardless of whether he was drunk, a hit and run is a serious offense and is not "understandable", at least not by me. And it certainly is suspicious considering the rumors that are heard about Marshawn throughout Buffalo, and considering it was 3:30 in the morning.

What do I preach? And regardless of whether he was drunk, a hit and run is a serious offense and is not "understandable", at least not by me. And it certainly is suspicious considering the rumors that are heard about Marshawn throughout Buffalo, and considering it was 3:30 in the morning.

What rumors?

To me I have no problem with Lynch getting suspended for a game or two my real issue is the excessiveness of tacking on a third game to the suspension when guys like Rocky Bernard and Brandon Marshall got less for a crime (Spousal abuse) that is without argument just as bad if not worse than what Lynch did. Than Vick gets 5 games for a crime that is much worse than what Lynch did.

With Pierce I would think that a game suspension or at the very least a big fine should come his way. Pierce needs to get something even if its only a slap on the wrist. If Goodell were to fine Pierce the largest amount possible and put him on probation for the rest of his career where if he screws up again its a 8 game minimum I would be fine with that. To me letting Pierce walk (Like I said doesn't even need to be a suspension) with nothing screams selective prosecution.

Lynch and Pac-Man Jones got the biggest suspensions possible while Brandon Marshall and Vick got a break. To me its very inconsistent because one man gets all the power he wants with no real need for consistency or fairness. If Goodell came out and said I just didn't like Lynch so I gave him a game extra who would be able to stop him?

To me I have no problem with Lynch getting suspended for a game or two my real issue is the excessiveness of tacking on a third game to the suspension when guys like Rocky Bernard and Brandon Marshall got less for a crime (Spousal abuse) that is without argument just as bad if not worse than what Lynch did. Than Vick gets 5 games for a crime that is much worse than what Lynch did.

With Pierce I would think that a game suspension or at the very least a big fine should come his way. Pierce needs to get something even if its only a slap on the wrist. If Goodell were to fine Pierce the largest amount possible and put him on probation for the rest of his career where if he screws up again its a 8 game minimum I would be fine with that. To me letting Pierce walk (Like I said doesn't even need to be a suspension) with nothing screams selective prosecution.

Lynch and Pac-Man Jones got the biggest suspensions possible while Brandon Marshall and Vick got a break. To me its very inconsistent because one man gets all the power he wants with no real need for consistency or fairness. If Goodell came out and said I just didn't like Lynch so I gave him a game extra who would be able to stop him?

Agree 100%. I think there should be an appointed appeals committee/person to hear these appeals to ensure some sense of continuity. What sense does it make to re-explain your side of the story to the same person?