PFW discusses Evans

Beerball

Disagree. Steve Smith posts good numbers with horrible QBs when Delhomme gets hurt. Lee just disappears, and can be covered one on one. He's also more one-dimensional so that makes him easier to cover.

Who covers Lee one on one? No one the last few seasons.

Who covers Lee one on one? No one the last few seasons.

Stupid Nation has no clue about coverages. Best to let him babble his nonsense in silence, IMO.

Disagree. Steve Smith posts good numbers with horrible QBs when Delhomme gets hurt. Lee just disappears, and can be covered one on one. He's also more one-dimensional so that makes him easier to cover.

Now, the 'stupid' makes perfect sense. I haven't seen Lee covered 1-on-1 in 2 years.

:worthy:

Another fail is that Steve Smith barely eclipsed 1,000 yards in 2007, when Delhomme missed 13 games.

But he DID eclipse it playing 15 games.

You failed moron.

Also, you Evans jock sniffers should realized he barely eclipsed 1,000 this year. He only has 2 1,000 seasons, and I've never seen him cross the field on a route with conviction that leads to a completion.

But he DID eclipse it playing 15 games.

You failed moron.

Yes, I failed trying to teach you something. Should have realized it before I wasted my time on a cretin like you.

Also, you Evans jock sniffers should realized he bailed eclipsed 1,000 this year. He only has 2 1,000 seasons.

Who has he had throwing the ball to him? I'd even take Delhomme over who the Bills have had since he's been here.

Stupid Nation has no clue about coverages. Best to let him babble his nonsense in silence, IMO.

I agree. I don't mind the press under appreciating LE anyway. I plan on drafting him in our fantasy league this year. This way he will be under the radar and ranked lower than he should be. Everyone always laughs when I draft him. He will drop low and he'll be a steal. This year I hope to make them all eat their words. :worthy:

Hopefully, the time around Owens will help Lee alot more than just freeing up some space in coverage. Owens is one of the best route runners in football and knows how to get separation seemingly effortlessly. If Evans can pick up on some of these things from Owens, he will be a force to be reckoned with long after Terrell is gone. This is one of the reasons why I think the owens signing was so important on more levels than just to be a viable threat opposite of Evans. His impact will be felt around here in Buffalo even after he's gone.

Watch the Dolphins game last year. He's only doubled when he goes deep. Same with the Raiders game. Those are just 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

You mean the game where he burned the dolphins for 116 yards, and the raiders game where he gained 65? Or do you mean the final Dolphins game where he was double covered?

You mean the game where he burned the dolphins for 116 yards, and the raiders game where he gained 65? Or do you mean the final Dolphins game where he was double covered?

Who covered Evans in the Raiders game? If it was Asomugha, then yeah, he was probably single-covered. That guy is the best CB in the league.

True, if you don't count Champ Bailey in Week 1 two years ago.

Bailey was man-up on Evans for exactly three plays that entire game. One of which they came VERY close to making Bailey pay for when JP overthrew Evans. Denver played some interesting coverages. Lots of man-over to Evans' side but also a lot of three-deep 'umbrella' coverages that had Losman totally confused. They looked for Evans a lot but he was taken away. Bailey was not the reason.

The simple fact is that since the Houston game of '06, when Evans burned them for consecutive 83 yard TD plays, EVERY DC has made it a point NOT to let Evans beat them.

GO BILLS!!!

Bailey was man-up on Evans for exactly three plays that entire game. One of which they came VERY close to making Bailey pay for when JP overthrew Evans. Denver played some interesting coverages. Lots of man-over to Evans' side but also a lot of three-deep 'umbrella' coverages that had Losman totally confused. They looked for Evans a lot but he was taken away. Bailey was not the reason.

The simple fact is that since the Houston game of '06, when Evans burned them for consecutive 83 yard TD plays, EVERY DC has made it a point NOT to let Evans beat them.

GO BILLS!!!

I remember that overthrow.

Don't kid yourself.

I remember that overthrow.

Don't kid yourself.

I don't mean any disrespect but the reason Evans had only two grabs was BECAUSE of the double coverage he received from the Broncos. Funny, there was NO mention of the Broncos frequent use of their 3-deep zone coverages that day. Something they rarely did. On EVERY third and long Denver was sure to play at least man-over on Evans in that game.

I'm not taking anything away from Bailey but that Denver columnist/blogger is not being honest. Evans was singled up five times the entire game. Never in obvious passing situations. And certainly not after Evans beat the single coverage by Bailey on the overthrown ball by Losman.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

I don't mean any disrespect but the reason Evans had only two grabs was BECAUSE of the double coverage he received from the Broncos. Funny, there was NO mention of the Broncos frequent use of their 3-deep zone coverages that day. Something they rarely did. On EVERY third and long Denver was sure to play at least man-over on Evans in that game.

I'm not taking anything away from Bailey but that Denver columnist/blogger is not being honest. Evans was singled up five times the entire game. Never in obvious passing situations. And certainly not after Evans beat the single coverage by Bailey on the overthrown ball by Losman.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't mean any disrespect, but in your next post are you going to tell me he was singled up exactly seven times?

I'm just messing with you. We all know Lee is awesome, so who cares.

I don't mean any disrespect, but in your next post are you going to tell me he was singled up exactly seven times?

I'm just messing with you. We all know Lee is awesome, so who cares.

That's cool. Sorry for the confusion. Evans was singled up 3 times by Bailey and 2 times by Bly for that total of 5. But talk about water through the dam.

Lee Evans is awesome but I do think there's room for improvement in his game. I'm hoping, as is everyone, that a better compliment on the other side as well as using more spread formations will allow for that. We'll see.

GO BILLS!!!

You will notice that most great WRs get the ball even when they are covered, and double covered. Their QBs have the ability to put the ball in a place where they can make the catch, and the confidence that the WR wil come down with the ball. Evans biggest problems are:

He's shorter than most other great WRs.

His QB is still reluctant to throw the ball into apparent coverage, preferring the safer outlets.

Those two things might be related, actually. Perhaps Trent would have more confidence in a taller WR. As Trent usually waits until the WR is open (instead of anticipating the route), a taller WR is likely to look more open than Lee, to him. Maybe the addition of TO can help Edwards to let the ball go, and realize the WR can actually make catches despite apparent double coverage. If he gains confidence in anticipating TO's routes, let's hope he transfers that confidence to Lee's routes, as well.

Lee isn't likely to get any taller. But he runs great routes, is very fast, has terrific hands and can leap. Hopefully, he and Trent can develop the kind of chemistry a WR needs to have with his QB to fully blossom.