I can't find a job so now i'm gonna sue my school

MarkAF43

I understand LA's position. He virtually always sides with power/authority/business regardless of the circumstances. He seems to believe it is every companies right (and perhaps obligation) to take advantage of whoever and whatever they can. I expect that sort of BS from him.

Which only proves you have no understanding of my position at all. I always side with personal accountability. I believe it is every person's right to take care of themselves, and be responsible for their own actions as well as their own results.

Bottom line is this is a person who either has no understanding of what it takes to earn "gainful employment," or has been raised to believe that three months is MORE than enough time to find "gainful employment" right out of college. So pay close attention when I say I am not taking this position in support of the college. I am taking this position in support of personal accountability; something this lazyass chick is seriously lacking.

I would argue it's as simple as this: did she and the college sign a contract which assured the college would get her a job within three months of graduation "or your money back?" I guess when she produces that document, we'll all apologize for jumping on her case. Otherwise...there's nothing here but a lazy chick with a frivolous suit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would argue it's as simple as this: did she and the college sign a contract which assured the college would get her a job within three months of graduation "or your money back?" I guess when she produces that document, we'll all apologize for jumping on her case. Otherwise...there's nothing here but a lazy chick with a frivolous suit.

You might say that, but you would be missing the argument she has with the school. From what I can decipher, she is suing the school for not doing enough top help her find a job, not for failing to get her a job. If is preposterous to consider she might have a point, depending on what the school promises, and what they actually have done for her?

There is personal responsibility and there is also institutional accountability. When the two collide, I tend to side with the person with the least power in the situation. I'm not sure that is the case here, but I am not totally convinced it isn't.

Furthermore, concluding this woman is worthless because she lives with her mother also discounts the possibility she may have a real need to be there. Isn't it possible she was taking care of a sick father, or brother (as I am)? Perhaps she has a physical or mental situation that doesn't allow her to live on her own.

Do we know she hasn't worked in any job during that period? Do we know what she has done on her own to get a job?

I repeat what I have said several times in this thread, there is a good chance she is as you think, too stupid or lazy to get ahead. But there are millions of people who have situations that are beyond there control. I can't say for sure she isn't one of them, and I'm not about to label a human "a loser" or assume they are worthless without more information.

Which only proves you have no understanding of my position at all. I always side with personal accountability. I believe it is every person's right to take care of themselves, and be responsible for their own actions as well as their own results.

Bottom line is this is a person who either has no understanding of what it takes to earn "gainful employment," or has been raised to believe that three months is MORE than enough time to find "gainful employment" right out of college. So pay close attention when I say I am not taking this position in support of the college. I am taking this position in support of personal accountability; something this lazyass chick is seriously lacking.

+1 The sue happy crowd doesn't understand personal responsibility and aren't capable of filtering the BS.

She's lazy and worthless, and filing a frivolous lawsuit. She deserves to be attacked. Its people like this B word that are a drain on society. She doesnt want to find a job, she just wants easy money. Unfortunately, we'll all end up paying for this when her lazy ass is on welfare for the majority of her life.

No racial coding here.

Trina Thompson....Bronx...lawsuit...welfare.............angry middle aged white male rant activated!

I'm not sure which is worse, the fact this worthless human is suing the school, or the fact that there are sad sacks on here actually defending her.

Schools often offer plenty of "help" in the job search, but it is the onus of the student to make use of that "help." (ie - career centers, resume checkers, mock job interviews, lists of companies that hire from X university, etc.)

How is your search for a job going? Anything yet?

All I am saying is let the courst decide the merit of the case. Everybody can file what they want if they think they have a case. If they don't and it is deemed frivolous, then the person complaing will be told so.

She thinks she has a case... More power to her. And really NOBODY knows what the hell she has or what the school has done.

It is not for us to pass judgement on either side. The school says they helped her... Now for the nuts and bolts of the case. :P:ph34r:

No racial coding here.

Trina Thompson....Bronx...lawsuit...welfare.............angry middle aged white male rant activated!

You are so off; this was an angry, young, white male, recent doctoral degree rant activated.

My take: What was actually promised to her? Did the school follow through on what was promised? If so, screw the B word. If not, screw the school.

So if one really does have a case and needs to file suit, why risk the chance of missing that opportunity to suit. Let the lawyers sift it out, that is what they are there for... Right?

You are correct but you can't deny the absolute abuse of the system we have seen over the years. I don't know if this girl has a legit case or not but it smells of BS to me. I reserve the right to make hasty decisions on Bills message boards, as my opinion doen't matter in the slightest. I fully admit to not having any facts but it seems awfully weak on the surface.

You are correct but you can't deny the absolute abuse of the system we have seen over the years. I don't know if this girl has a legit case or not but it smells of BS to me. I reserve the right to make hasty decisions on Bills message boards, as my opinion doen't matter in the slightest. I fully admit to not having any facts but it seems awfully weak on the surface.

The system can only be abused if the system LETS ITSELF BE ABUSED. HINT: Start looking first into the LAW PROFESSION.