long range forecast for Canton OH

That can't be right. It's never under 90 degrees on induction day.

Seems that way. The day Jim Kelly got inducted I got "cooked"; couldn't get enough water in me fast enough. Lucky that at least I had a hat. Many of the TBD'ers who made the trip took refuge in what little shade was provided by storage area's under the concrete bleachers, only to return to our seats for Kelly's induction.

That can't be right. It's never under 90 degrees on induction day.

Nah, it didn't hit 90 in '03 (Joe D/Lofton). Of course, that was only because it rained off and on all friggin' day ...

Getting better and better. For a couple of days it had storms on Saturday and Sunday. Now, it's sunny on Saturday and isolated storms on Sunday.

Come on, being from VA, I want some cool weather and clear skies. It's fuggin been 95, muggy, and raining every day here.

Can't wait to arrive in Canton.

:worthy:

Scattered thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday. I wonder what they'll do for the ceremony if it happens.

Worst-case scenario, the ceremony is moved into the gym at Canton McKinley HS next door. If that were to happen, I'm guessing it would be restricted to families and friends of the enshrinees. Here's the Severe Weather Plan from the media info booklet:

In the event of severe weather, the enshrinement ceremonies will be moved to the McKinley High

School Memorial Field House. A limited area will be reserved for selected working media and

photographers. Those members of the media seated in the press box should remain in the press box

and a video feed will be supplied to the monitors. We will do everything we can to keep the

enshrinement outdoors, but if the weather should make this impossible, we will appreciate your

cooperation and understanding of the special problems we will face.

IIRC, the Fawcett press box is higher than any part of the HOF complex. Yeah, that's where I want to be during a T-storm. (Of course, it would still be better than huddling under the stands or walking back to our cars in a downpour, which is where we'd be.)

Worst-case scenario, the ceremony is moved into the gym at Canton McKinley HS next door. If that were to happen, I'm guessing it would be restricted to families and friends of the enshrinees. Here's the Severe Weather Plan from the media info booklet:

IIRC, the Fawcett press box is higher than any part of the HOF complex. Yeah, that's where I want to be during a T-storm. (Of course, it would still be better than huddling under the stands or walking back to our cars in a downpour, which is where we'd be.)

So would everybody be out $$ in that case? If that is the case...I'm walking out of the museum with like-kind memorabilia.

So would everybody be out $$ in that case? If that is the case...I'm walking out of the museum with like-kind memorabilia.

You plan on stealing because it's raining outside? :wallbash:

If you do, I hope you get caught. Cameras are everywhere these days. Spend a day in the county lockup, and have to return for a court date. And if you don't show, that's an outstanding warrant. You'll find out about that when you attempt to renew your vehicle registration.

Because they have to tear down the stage for the next night's game, I can't imagine they'd consider a postponement (although they might be willing to sit through a temporary delay). Nothing about weather issues on the back of the ticket, but the disclaimer does end with this statement:

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND FOR ANY REASON.

So ... yeah, we'd probably be hosed.

Because they have to tear down the stage for the next night's game, I can't imagine they'd consider a postponement (although they might be willing to sit through a temporary delay). Nothing about weather issues on the back of the ticket, but the disclaimer does end with this statement:

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND FOR ANY REASON.

So ... yeah, we'd probably be hosed.

I would hope that they only move it for a true dangerous situation. I've never really paid attention to the weather in the past, so you scared me a little with the venue switch. If I wanted to drop a few hundred bucks to watch Gibran Hamden for 30 minutes, I'd bring a few kegs to the Chicago game in Orchard Park.

You plan on stealing because it's raining outside? :blink:

If you do, I hope you get caught. Cameras are everywhere these days. Spend a day in the county lockup, and have to return for a court date. And if you don't show, that's an outstanding warrant. You'll find out about that when you attempt to renew your vehicle registration.

Renew the vehicle registration???? The car's stolen too. In fact...I think I'm going to take the bust of Billy Shaw and have it welded to the hood. <_<

I would hope that they only move it for a true dangerous situation. I've never really paid attention to the weather in the past, so you scared me a little with the venue switch. If I wanted to drop a few hundred bucks to watch Gibran Hamden for 30 minutes, I'd bring a few kegs to the Chicago game in Orchard Park.

FWIW, we sat through rain for the 2003 induction. Yeah, we're talking "We're not in Kansas any more, Toto" kind of weather. And I'm not completely sure (working midnights, and sometimes my sleep-deprived memory fails me), but I think they did temporarily suspend a previous HOF game for lightning, resuming after a brief delay.