NFLN who do you take - Ocho, Plaxico or T.O.

Heitz

Dion approached is as "who would I not want to defend". Came down to TO and Chad for him. Said Chad runs routes better, but TO gets the attention...

Falk took Plaxico touting his height - he can jump for high catches; by the end of his ramble he compared Burris to Michael Jordan - Falk is an idiot.

Mariucci took T.O. citing his respect for him. Even though things were bad, TO came and shook Mooches hand. You know what you're getting with TO - he's solid. If he's on my team I know they had better double-team him, I know your run game is going to be better.

Mike Lombardi took TO, saying it's not even a hard choice. Eisen kept pushing on WHY TO was released from Dallas; if he's such a diva, is he worth the trouble. Lombardi said it was choice they made since they have Roy Williams on the roster.

Interesting question to consider. I'm still a little amazed that we have a guy that is considered one of the best receivers in the league on our squad. It's gonna be a fun year to watch...

I think we have had one of the best receivers in the league on our squad in Evans. With Owens on the other side and who I believe to be a good quarterback under center I think he will show it this year.

To answer the original post though, if given the opportunity to have any of the named wideouts, I would probably have to take OchoCinco. He may be flamboyant but is very good at what he does with some good years ahead of him. Not to say T.O. isn't really good, just that he is on the downside of his career more than Chad.

its things like these that get me excited for the season. there really is not a way to cover our offense. there is no reason that we shouldn't be gaining yards on every play. i don't care how bad our line is. if you put enough weapons out on the field big things will happen. take the Steelers for example (no i'm not comparing the bills to the steelers, their defense is unreal). their o-line was horrible last year and they won the super bowl.

think about it. you can't exactly double up both T.O. and Evans. and if you do either a slot reciever a tight end or one of the backs will be open. you double up T.O. and Evans you leave a linebacker on Reed Parrish or Johnson. you leave a linebacker on Reed Parrish or Johnson you can run the ball. we have three extremely capable backs.

if we keep our starters healthy...playoffs may not be as farfetched as some may think.

I think we have had one of the best receivers in the league on our squad in Evans. With Owens on the other side and who I believe to be a good quarterback under center I think he will show it this year.

To answer the original post though, if given the opportunity to have any of the named wideouts, I would probably have to take OchoCinco. He may be flamboyant but is very good at what he does with some good years ahead of him. Not to say T.O. isn't really good, just that he is on the downside of his career more than Chad.

I've never viewed Evans as an elite receiver. I always felt like he was kind of a one-trick pony, being a dangerous vertical threat. Most of his big plays that I've seen are where the QB just chucks it up and Lee outruns the defender for a long touchdown, which is good, but I've never looked at him as a great receiver over the middle, a guy that can take and/or deliver the big hit, a good blocker, or an elite routerunner. He's fast as hell and has good hands, buthe's on the smallish side and doesn't catch many balls in traffic.

I've never viewed Evans as an elite receiver. I always felt like he was kind of a one-trick pony, being a dangerous vertical threat. Most of his big plays that I've seen are where the QB just chucks it up and Lee outruns the defender for a long touchdown, which is good, but I've never looked at him as a great receiver over the middle, a guy that can take and/or deliver the big hit, a good blocker, or an elite route runner. He's fast as hell and has good hands, but he's on the smallish side and doesn't catch many balls in traffic.

I hear ya and you may be right. If this is the case though, we have a really good number two or 1 and 1A. I still think he hasn't been put in a position to really know just how good he can be. As much as this is an important year for Edward's and Owens, it is probably a very important year for Evans too. He has the contract now, this is a season he should show he's worth it.

I've never viewed Evans as an elite receiver. I always felt like he was kind of a one-trick pony, being a dangerous vertical threat. Most of his big plays that I've seen are where the QB just chucks it up and Lee outruns the defender for a long touchdown, which is good, but I've never looked at him as a great receiver over the middle, a guy that can take and/or deliver the big hit, a good blocker, or an elite routerunner. He's fast as hell and has good hands, buthe's on the smallish side and doesn't catch many balls in traffic.

I think some of this will change this year. In the past, the only way to get open was to run faster than the 2 or 3 guys covering him. Not pulling LB's and Safety's toward him this year should enable him to see more throws in the middle. He hasn't had a chance to actually beat someone one-on-one route-wise in the flats or over the middle.

Also, I disagree with him in regards to blocking. True, he's no Hines Ward (not many are) but he's been downfield plenty of times blocking for others and NEVER quits.

It's kind of the same argument some have for Whitner; these guys haven't been able to do what they can because they are too busy either playing someone else's position, or in Evans case, being a decoy pulling 2-3 guys with him.

I'm hoping both of these guys are able to get some breathing room and showcase their talents...

I think there is something to be said about team chemistry and team attitude when it comes to production on the field.....

For instance I dont think that TO and Ocho would work well together......both of them would always be open all the time whether they are or not and our QB would constantly be having to stroke ego's and make sure the ball is being spread evenly even if one is having a better day then the other

But Lee Evans is one of the most humble number 1 receivers i have ever seen.......that is why I think this will work. It wont ruffle Lee's feathers if TO gets the ball a lot because he know he will get his share over the course of the season....he wont rock the boat and TO will feel "loved"

By the way.....I absolutely do not agree with the above poster on Lee Evans.....he makes great intermediate range catches and has made some very good "in the corner of the end zone" grabs......it is just when the talent across from you is SOOO mediocre and you combine that with not having a threat at Tight End....all the coverage gets rolled to you.

IF our OL can hold up our offense is going to rock this year.

I think there is something to be said about team chemistry and team attitude when it comes to production on the field.....

For instance I dont think that TO and Ocho would work well together......both of them would always be open all the time whether they are or not and our QB would constantly be having to stroke ego's and make sure the ball is being spread evenly even if one is having a better day then the other

But Lee Evans is one of the most humble number 1 receivers i have ever seen.......that is why I think this will work. It wont ruffle Lee's feathers if TO gets the ball a lot because he know he will get his share over the course of the season....he wont rock the boat and TO will feel "loved"

By the way.....I absolutely do not agree with the above poster on Lee Evans.....he makes great intermediate range catches and has made some very good "in the corner of the end zone" grabs......it is just when the talent across from you is SOOO mediocre and you combine that with not having a threat at Tight End....all the coverage gets rolled to you.

IF our OL can hold up our offense is going to rock this year.

John, you nailed it! In fact there was a quote from Lee somewhere where he said something along the lines of "I don't care how many balls I'm catching, as long as we're winning!".

Like you said, the guy is humble and pure class - I'm proud he's a Buffalo Bill!