Did the Chiefs take it in the shorts over Matt Cassel?

Care to stipulate how any of your comments were answers to questions? The question was: Did the Chiefs take it in the shorts over Matt Cassel?

Your reply was: "Ah you've figured out Kraft and Belichick's masterplan. They are going to rule the NFL by sending out poor coaches and front office staff across the league to destroy those teams from the inside out leaving only the Pats* as the one true team in the NFL. Brilliant!"

Looks like a plain old, ordinary weak slam to me. How is it an answer to my question?

Maybe you should seek a mommy.

What? I just said that you figured out the masterplan of the NE* organization and you comeback

What's brilliant is scrambling your entire O-line in one fell swoop without having the slightest idea of how the replacement players will work out.
because that had a lot to do with the Chiefs taking it in the shorts.

You accuse Pioli of railroading the Chiefs into spending way too much on Cassel in an empirical sort of way. However you forget that Cassel as QB with no starting experience finished in the top 10 of almost every major QB stat in 2008. Yeah, he definitely cost too much compared to the All-Pros that were currently on the Chiefs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? I just said that you figured out the masterplan of the NE* organization and you comeback because that had a lot to do with the Chiefs taking it in the shorts.

You accuse Pioli of railroading the Chiefs into spending way too much on Cassel in an empirical sort of way. However you forget that Cassel as QB with no starting experience finished in the top 10 of almost every major QB stat in 2008. Yeah, he definitely cost too much compared to the All-Pros that were currently on the Chiefs.

Who is comparing Cassel's $15 million to the current Chief's other than you? I clearly compared Matt's deal to all NFL QBs.

Get a grip.

You said yourself, "Yeah, he definitely cost too much compared to the All-Pros that were currently on the Chiefs."

Does that mean that you agree with me, namely that Pioli guided the Chiefs into "taking it in the shorts"?

If not, kindly unscramble your blather...if you can...

So the accursed Patriots tag Cassel. Now they have $30 million dollars in cap invested in two QBs, and zero left over.

Pioli goes from the Pats to GM at KC.

Next the Chiefs trade a decent draft pick (#34) to the Patriots for Cassel and the moss-covered Vrable. But yet, they don't have a contract agreement with Cassel.

Next the Chiefs give Cassel a $15 million contract with corresponding long term assets, which means that someone thinks Cassel is somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd best QB in the entire League.

Is someone lurking on the grassy knoll?

Meh I doubt it. Read the book the 30 best sports conspiracies it has 2 about the Pats*. While I don't doubt that the Pats* got some help from the league covering up Spygate and destroying the tapes. It brings up a good point of how quickly the NFL commissioner ruled on the issue (about a day after) almost as if he knew what was going on as soon as it happened.

To me what debunks your theory is that the Pats* had a ton of teams like the Broncos and Bucs who wanted Cassel. So to say that the Pats* were stuck with Cassel and his big contract untill Pioli gifted them a high second round pick to take him off their hands is just not true. To me you are just grasping at straws. Teams wanted Cassel if he wasn't that good the Pats* wouldn't have franchised him.

Don't forget about the failed three way trade between Denver, Tampa, and the Pats* which would have sent Cassel to Denver or is McDaniel's trying to sabotage the Broncos? If these coordinators where really trying to kill the whole league why did Eric Mangini rat out the Pats* on Spygate?

Meh I doubt it. Read the book the 30 best sports conspiracies it has 2 about the Pats*. While I don't doubt that the Pats* got some help from the league covering up Spygate and destroying the tapes. It brings up a good point of how quickly the NFL commissioner ruled on the issue (about a day after) almost as if he knew what was going on as soon as it happened.

To me what debunks your theory is that the Pats* had a ton of teams like the Broncos and Bucs who wanted Cassel. So to say that the Pats* were stuck with Cassel and his big contract untill Pioli gifted them a high second round pick to take him off their hands is just not true. To me you are just grasping at straws. Teams wanted Cassel if he wasn't that good the Pats* wouldn't have franchised him.

Don't forget about the failed three way trade between Denver, Tampa, and the Pats* which would have sent Cassel to Denver or is McDaniel's trying to sabotage the Broncos? If these coordinators where really trying to kill the whole league why did Eric Mangini rat out the Pats* on Spygate?

You could definitely make a better case for that over Pioli

My issue is that there's no way Cassel rates a $15 million contract from his extant record of production. These exPatriots having thumbs in the pie may be no more than being too close to the player, or maybe they have seen the future and it's Cassel. To me, it's bizarre.

For you guys that think he's a bargain at $15 million, explain...

I think Trent will have a good year if there is protection (a big if). He is very smart and has guys who can run and catch. If the interior OL can block, good things will happen. They absolutely must be able to run successfully to play well.

I suspect that you underestimate Edwards. ;)

Passing the ball more than two yards from the LOS will help open up the running game. The big question about Trent will be can he stay healthy over 16+ Games. He said so himself on NFL Network the other night. I don't care how good the line is, he will get hit, ALL QB's do.

My issue is that there's no way Cassel rates a $15 million contract from his extant record of production. These exPatriots having thumbs in the pie may be no more than being too close to the player, or maybe they have seen the future and it's Cassel. To me, it's bizarre.

For you guys that think he's a bargain at $15 million, explain...

I don't think he is worth the contract but the Chiefs must see some sort of future in Cassel because they gave him big money and they traded a quality pick to get a guy who they knew had leverage because of his franchise tag status. To think that an ex GM of the Pats* is conspiring to give the Pats* a high draft pick for a player who sucks just so his ex-friends can get rid of that contract. Than to give that crappy player a huge contract just to screw over that owner is just grasping for straws.

You might have a point that Pioli might have had a subjective look at Cassel which led to him giving up that pick HOWEVER the owners of the Chiefs had to OK acquiring the QB and they had to give the green light to give him a contract. The owners of the Chiefs wanted the guy bad they knew they would have to give him a big contract because of his status and they knew it was going to cost them a draft pick on top of that money.

Like I pointed out before there are just too many holes in your theory for any of this to be true (The fact that other teams were trying to trade first round picks for him knowing he was tagged is a big hole)

Next the Chiefs give Cassel a $15 million contract with corresponding long term assets, which means that someone thinks Cassel is somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd best QB in the entire League.

We will see just how good Cassel is outside of Foxboro soon. I am a skeptic that he will be as good in Arrowhead as he was in Gillete Stadium.

I don't think he is worth the contract but the Chiefs must see some sort of future in Cassel because they gave him big money and they traded a quality pick to get a guy who they knew had leverage because of his franchise tag status. To think that an ex GM of the Pats* is conspiring to give the Pats* a high draft pick for a player who sucks just so his ex-friends can get rid of that contract. Than to give that crappy player a huge contract just to screw over that owner is just grasping for straws.

You might have a point that Pioli might have had a subjective look at Cassel which led to him giving up that pick HOWEVER the owners of the Chiefs had to OK acquiring the QB and they had to give the green light to give him a contract. The owners of the Chiefs wanted the guy bad they knew they would have to give him a big contract because of his status and they knew it was going to cost them a draft pick on top of that money.

Like I pointed out before there are just too many holes in your theory for any of this to be true (The fact that other teams were trying to trade first round picks for him knowing he was tagged is a big hole)

Too bad the Bills didn't franchise Losman. Patrick Chung would have been a nice addition.

Too bad the Bills didn't franchise Losman. Patrick Chung would have been a nice addition.

Losman never took the Bills to an 11-5 record and throw for 4000 yards in what was essentially his rookie year. Cassel to me has upside we all can doubt the upside for good reason BUT its not unreasonable for a team to think that he could improve to be worth that contract but they had to pay him based on upside simply because of his franchise tag status.

I am not a cassel fan at all but I get why some team would see potential in him plus on the NFL level for a whole season he played well so its like paying a 1st round pick big money except you have a window to what he could be in the NFL

Losman never took the Bills to an 11-5 record and throw for 4000 yards in what was essentially his rookie year. Cassel to me has upside we all can doubt the upside for good reason BUT its not unreasonable for a team to think that he could improve to be worth that contract but they had to pay him based on upside simply because of his franchise tag status.

I am not a cassel fan at all but I get why some team would see potential in him plus on the NFL level for a whole season he played well so its like paying a 1st round pick big money except you have a window to what he could be in the NFL

Personally, I consider this site a playground, not some kind of holy sacrament.

There's a lot of people here who are going to have to someday pay BIG money to get the sticks surgically removed, or else keep their horrid limp.

Losman also never played for the Pats*, nobody knows how he would have developed or played as a Pat* I think any number of QB's would look as good as Cassel did last year on that team. This year we will see what he is made of.

You have a window to see what Cassel could be on a team like the Pats*. The Chief are not now & will not be for the forseeable future a team like the Pats*

Losman also never played for the Pats*, nobody knows how he would have developed or played as a Pat* I think any number of QB's would look as good as Cassel did last year on that team. This year we will see what he is made of.

You have a window to see what Cassel could be on a team like the Pats*. The Chief are not now & will not be for the forseeable future a team like the Pats*

Yeah I understand the doubts but he didn't play a game in college or the NFL yet he still threw for 4000 yards and went 11-5. Down the stretch they did ask him to be a part of the offense as the season went on. Losman as a rookie would not have gone 11-5 even with a team as good as last years Pats* and if he did go 11-5 he wouldn't have thrown for 4000 yards he would have done it playing not to lose.

Very few rookies (Let alone one who never played a game in college) would go 11-5 and have thrown for 4000 yards even on a good team like the Pats*.