Obama certainly is bringing people together...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what tea bagging is all about? Clapping and screaming?

Typical liberal response. Attack the disobeyers of their beloved leader with name calling. This was a town hall meeting brother. With no doubt a fair representation of Republicans, DEMOCRATS and INDEPENDENTS. At least they had the good sense to wake up out of their blind stupor.

Typical liberal response. Attack the disobeyers of their beloved leader with name calling. This was a town hall meeting brother. With no doubt a fair representation of Republicans, DEMOCRATS and INDEPENDENTS. At least they had the good sense to wake up out of their blind stupor.

And what were these idiots doing? A sophomoric prank, cute, but sophomoric.

And what were these idiots doing? A sophomoric prank, cute, but sophomoric.

Just so we're clear: a Senator from Missouri sets up a town hall meeting near St. Louis, a couple of hundred people show up, the person sent by McCaskill says she is there to hear from people who are opposed to or concerned with the current health care reform efforts being considered in DC. The crowd, clearly against the reform efforts, starts to cheer.

This leads you to call them sophomoric idiots.

I'd be curious how you went managed to go from "people attending a town hall with their senator" directly to "sophomoric idiots." Is this strictly because letting your voice be known to your senator makes you a sophomoric idiot?

Please explain.

Just so we're clear: a Senator from Missouri sets up a town hall meeting near St. Louis, a couple of hundred people show up, the person sent by McCaskill says she is there to hear from people who are opposed to or concerned with the current health care reform efforts being considered in DC. The crowd, clearly against the reform efforts, starts to cheer.

I'd be curious how you went managed to go from "people attending a town hall with their senator" directly to "sophomoric idiots." Is this strictly because letting your voice be known to your senator makes you a sophomoric idiot?

Please explain.

The hippie(for Gene) liberals protest and it's heroic, historical, revolutionary. wtf? When mid american white taxpayers it's not quite as romantic i guess. Heaven forbid someone offers an opposing view.

Please explain.

Voices yes, be known??? When did you start hearing voices? There are drugs for that condition ;)

Please explain.

It's just that if that's their entire spiel, what exactly are they protesting? It's much like tea bagging events protesting higher taxes earlier this year. As you recall, Obama's policies were not yet in place and most of them were protesting what will turn out to be a personal tax decrease. As one not privy to their motives, it looks like they're simply protesting anything they associate with Obama, which is all well and good.

Do they know what they're protesting against? Do they support any concrete alternative? If not, simply whoopin' and hollerin' is not very constructive.

It just that if that's their entire spiel, what exactly are they protesting? It's much like tea bagging events protesting higher taxes this year. As you recall, Obama's policies were not yet in place and most of them were protesting what will turn out to be a personal tax decrease. As one not privy to their motives, it looks like they're simply protesting anything they associate with Obama, which is all well and good.

Do they know what they're protesting against? Do they support any concrete alternative? If not, simply whoopin' and hollerin' is not very constructive.

I can tell you two things you clearly haven't taken the time to understand: FIRST, you'd be surprised how many people actually understand that even though THEY may be getting an itty-bitty tax decrease of ten bucks a week, the company that hires them will be paying out the ass to cover government's new spending. It also didn't take a brain surgeon to see the idiocy of a $700 BILLION spending bill in the face of a down economy, a truth that is being proven every single day that stimulus waste is reported while no jobs have been saved by it (because so little has actually been spent six months later); SECOND, California residents OVERWHELMING shot down five -- count 'em, FIVE -- new spending proposals following the tax day protests (because it was a big focus of the California protests), and as a result...pay attention now...in lieu of even higher taxes, the state was forced to cut wasteful government spending to reduce its deficit.

In your world it appears that spending your way out of recession is good and making government spending cuts to attack budget deficits is bad, but most people don't see it that way. You may want to pay closer attention to the protests instead of just thinking you know what you know based on what you hear from Tingles, Olbermann, Madcow and Garafolo.

California voters shoved a budget-cutting stick straight up the ass of its excessively liberal government, and it started with the tax day protests. How you can't see that is beyond me.

But I get it. These people are idiots. Of course they are.

Do they know what they're protesting against?

Just a hunch, but maybe it's an out of control, far left, over-reaching, big government administration who want to have complete control over American's lives while throwing massive deficits on taxpayers' backs that may take decades to dig out from.

In your world it appears that spending your way out of recession is good and making government spending cuts to attack budget deficits is bad, but most people don't see it that way. You may want to pay closer attention to the protests instead of just thinking you know what you know based on what you hear from Tingles, Olbermann, Madcow and Garafolo.

In my world I don't know enough about how to get out of a recession to have a fact-based opinion on whether or not spending our way out of one is effective. I've read that the end is in sight, but again, I couldn't tell you exactly why. You obviously have strong opinions here, but I'm not convinced that your opinion really counts for much.

In my world making intelligent cuts in government spending is a good thing.

In my world I don't watch or pay attention to any of the people you mentioned.

California voters shoved a budget-cutting stick straight up the ass of its excessively liberal government, and it started with the tax day protests. How you can't see that is beyond me.

In my world, correlation != causation. But I don't live in California, so I obviously have no perspective. ;)

But I get it. These people are idiots. Of course they are.

Well, we can agree on that part at least.

Just a hunch, but maybe it's an out of control, far left, over-reaching, big government administration who want to have complete control over American's lives while throwing massive deficits on taxpayers' backs that may take decades to dig out from.

Way to hit all the conservative talking points without actually saying anything. ;)

I'd say 'keep up the good work', but I know I don't have to!

In other word, you got nuthin'. Gotcha. ;)

Oh common, cheering to drown someone out is not sophomoric???.... please, it is like the protesters a "name the hearing" as they get dragged out of the room. All sides seem to think that this is an effective form getting your voice heard.... please, it makes a good headline for which ever side had some capability of posting on the internet and that is about it.

Sorry, I shouldn't have been insulting the sophomores :thumbsup:

In my world I don't know enough about how to get out of a recession to have a fact-based opinion on whether or not spending our way out of one is effective. I've read that the end is in sight, but again, I couldn't tell you exactly why. You obviously have strong opinions here, but I'm not convinced that your opinion really counts for much.

In my world making intelligent cuts in government spending is a good thing.

In my world I don't watch or pay attention to any of the people you mentioned.

I now understand why you are such a solid supporter and defender of Obama. You both will admit you have no idea about the details on a situation, yet will not let that simple fact stop you from forming an opinion and criticizing people any way. It's a marriage made in heaven.

You should meet the people of St. Louis one day. They're a pretty amazing group of people whom I've had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with in my past. You might learn something from them.

Oh common, cheering to drown someone out is not sophomoric???.... please, it is like the protesters a "name the hearing" as they get dragged out of the room. All sides seem to think that this is an effective form getting your voice heard.... please, it makes a good headline for which ever side had some capability of posting on the internet and that is about it.

Sorry, I shouldn't have been insulting the sophomores ;)

It's really unfortunate that there are so many people on the left who are so quick to criticize a group of people without understanding specifically what was going on. Really unfortunate. But it's fun sport, I guess, so enjoy yourself.