Has anyone been to a non-Buffalo Training Camp

Thoner7

I use to go to the Rams training camp every year when they had it at Western IL University (Bryan Cox and Rodney Harrison went there). Was really cool when the Rams sucked because there would maybe be 75 to 100 people there during the morning and you could talk to the players and get autographs. After they won the SB of course alot more people started coming, but in the last few years they went back to St. Louis for camp. Only player my kids didn't get anything signed from was Faulk.

Remember Tony Banks? Man that guy had a cannon for an arm. He could throw a frozen rope in practice, but when it came game time couldn't do squat.

Paranoid Al Davis has the Raiders in max lock down in Napa and the Niners have camp in their practicer facility in Santa Clara (and where their new stadium might be). I worked with someone that lived in Gruden's neighborhood (their kids went to school and played little league together). Her son got them invited to camp one year. Got everyone to sign (even Madden) ans shared a hot tub with Lincoln Kennedy.

The Niners used to have camp near Sacramento, but it's about 100 this time of year there. Santa Clara is in the 70s and 80s.

Over, you'll be going over to Albany. They're about the same latitude.

You're obviously technically correct, but I think he meant down[state] to albany. As in if you were going from NYC to albany to cortland, you'd say you're going up from albany to cortland, since you came from down state.

I've been to Seahawks camp the year they went to the Super Bowl and Bills camp 3 times. It's kindof hard to compare since the day I was there was for the green/blue scrimmage. I had to work in the morning and then we went to the game that afternoon. Since it was a scrimmage, most of the guys were standing around watching the game.

I think I read somewhere that last year the Cowboys only worked out in pads once at training and camp and that was only because ESPN was there filming. Of course they didn't make the playoffs either. ;)

Training camp isn't about getting in shape anymore. They work out year round. In the old daylike 70s and back guys came to camp to get in shape for the season. Now guys work out all spring and summer and are in shape when they hit camp. Plus, you want to avoid training camp injuries if you can.

I live in Rochester and make it to camp every year. Anyone who has been Im sure has noticed how laid back, non-full speed, and how much standing around there is. They have two nice grass fields plus the Fisher turf, yet while the special teamers do walk through Kick off returns, the other 70 guys stand around and watch for 10-15 mins. I realize with NFL caliber athletes it should be mostly mental, but I just dont think this coaching staff works these guys hard enough to win games.

Anyone who has played sports knows you play how you practice. The way the Bills practice (half speed) I can see clearly why we are in this playoff drought.

Has anyone ever been to a good teams camp? Like the Steelers, Colts, or Pats? If the Bills want to beat those teams they need to out work them. I could only imagine the intesity at 49er camp this year under Iron Mike. From what I have seen at camp over the DJ years, I have to believe the Bills work half as hard as those successful teams. Hell, my HS Football team had 10x harder practices. Can anyone compare their camp experiences?

Comparing high school football to the pros is just silly. These guys are pros and work year round to be in top shape. Beating up your million dollar players in July and August is just a dumb idea.

Went to Dallas Cowboys training camp back in 2000. It was very boring! The players stand around and so do the coaches. The only ones going full speed were the special teams units. I could tell there were some people really trying to make the team through special teams. Other than that, I think the coaches and players view training camp as an antique. I'm not sure they know why they do it. It's a tradition the NFL can't seem to let go of. Many players hold out so that they won't have to go to training camp (Remember Michael Strahan and the Giants). He didn't go to one bit of training camp a few years back and he came out in week one guns a blazing. Back in the day, training camp was needed. In this day and age of training year round, the only times they seem to need to get together is at OTA's and some preseason games. Just my 2 cents.