Parrish unhappy requested trade

Go look up his pathetic stats as a WR .... even within them ... point to one game where he made an impact as a WR. The guy can return punts ... why is it so hard for fans like you to acknowledge he can do little more than this successfully on an NFL field. You want to believe in the POTENTIAL that allegedly exists. I see only Roscoe and a handful of fans on this bandwagon.

If the Bills wish to spend a valuable roster and salary dollars spot on his ability to return punts so be it. But time to put to rest the unproven fantasy that he is somehow the next coming of Wes Welker.

BTW _ I am not a so called Roscoe hater - I do hate the fact that people want to make more of him than what he is.

how am I making more of him than he is?

I stated that his value is in the return game. Field position and the number of times per season that he takes one all the way are worth a roster spot in my opinion.

And you can dump the 'tude, dude. Eric Metcalf was repeatedly tried in Cleveland's offenses, and had varied successes- none as great as his special teams ability.

Whom, that the Bills would reasonably acquire, would you want to place in that 'valuable roster' spot you talk about? Who, DiGiorgio? PK Sam? C'mon!

I have never posted that I see him as Pro Bowl WR (as that has never been proven)- only that he has not been utilized properly in the offensive game plan.

No need to get so sensitive.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true BuffBill

I am not a Roscoe hater either. I love him on this team, and being one of the best return men in this league. But lets face it he cant do anything else (well) just like many one trick ponies. Donte Hall is no where now, Devin Hester is trying but so far has proved that he cant play WR.

so what's your point?

If the guy can get you a guaranteed 2-3 punt returns for touchdowns per year, and helps you lead or be in the top percentage of the league in return yardage several years in a row, how is that not an asset worth a roster spot?

Who cares about WR? We've got a good starting tandem now.

What will be interesting for Roscoe will be how the new blocking rules for special teams and the elimination of the wedge block will or will not effect the Bills position in special teams and returns.

Will he still be as successful?

how am I making more of him than he is?

I stated that his value is in the return game. Field position and the number of times per season that he takes one all the way are worth a roster spot in my opinion.

And you can dump the 'tude, dude. Eric Metcalf was repeatedly tried in Cleveland's offenses, and had varied successes- none as great as his special teams ability.

Whom, that the Bills would reasonably acquire, would you want to place in that 'valuable roster' spot you talk about? Who, DiGiorgio? PK Sam? C'mon!

I have never posted that I see him as Pro Bowl WR (as that has never been proven)- only that he has not been utilized properly in the offensive game plan.

No need to get so sensitive.

Seems to me that you are the sensitive one here.

Metcalf could return both kicks and punts - Roscoe can only return punts.

Metcalf was somewhat servicable as a third down or secondary running back - Roscoe has proven to be useless as a receiver

Metcalf (relatively speaking) was not grossly overpaid for his contribution to the team - Roscoe is

Perhaps the reason why Roscoe "has not been utilized properly in the offensive game plan" is because there is nothing to plan for - the guy sucks as a WR.

For me it is simple - Roscoe is a phenomenal punt returner and that is all. Again, if the Bills elect to to carry him for this over another player and to spend salary dollars to do so it is their choice.

My issue is with the fans who want to claim that Roscoe is some major talent waiting to be uncovered (Pun intended because he can't beat coverage) on the offense.

Roscoe has only been used to return punts. I'm reasonably certain he could return kicks, too. I'm guessing, as he was a starting WR, the Bills didn't want him in both return roles.

Metcalf was somewhat servicable as a third down or secondary running back - Roscoe has proven to be useless as a receiver

Metcalf (relatively speaking) was not grossly overpaid for his contribution to the team - Roscoe is

Perhaps the reason why Roscoe "has not been utilized properly in the offensive game plan" is because there is nothing to plan for - the guy sucks as a WR.

For me it is simple - Roscoe is a phenomenal punt returner and that is all. Again, if the Bills elect to to carry him for this over another player and to spend salary dollars to do so it is their choice.

My issue is with the fans who want to claim that Roscoe is some major talent waiting to be uncovered (Pun intended because he can't beat coverage) on the offense.

Well, perhaps I am mistaken, but if you think that I am claiming that Roscoe is a major talent you are wrong. I never said anything of the sort.

On the flip side of your coin, I don't understand how anyone who can undervalue a guy who can get you 2-3 punt returns for TD's a year.

His value in field position is also not to be undervalued.

The Bills offense has really sucked since 2002 (not sure if that year is right, but the year Bledsoe, Moulds, and Price lit it up). Parrish can put them on the other teams 30 yard line, but if they can't punch it in, its not the return game, man.