T.O. weighs in on Vick's suspension...

SKOOBY

Owens called the possibility of an additional Vick suspension to start the season, possibly for four games, "ridiculous" while meeting with reporters after Sunday morning's training camp session at St. John Fisher College.

"A lot of the guys around the league need to speak up. I think the players' union needs to step in because the guy's already suffered so much, and to add a four-game suspension onto a two-year prison sentence, I mean, that's ridiculous. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4356802

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32155601/ns/sports-nfl/

Guest dog14787
Owens called the possibility of an additional Vick suspension to start the season, possibly for four games, "ridiculous" while meeting with reporters after Sunday morning's training camp session at St. John Fisher College.

"A lot of the guys around the league need to speak up. I think the players' union needs to step in because the guy's already suffered so much, and to add a four-game suspension onto a two-year prison sentence, I mean, that's ridiculous. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4356802

T.O. is putting himself in Michael Vicks shoes and myself personally, if we took the fans out of the equation, I think T.O. is right to feel the way he does. I wouldn't want to be sitting across from the man if I was the commissioner and be looking into his face and visibly see what this has done to the man and then hand him down more of a punishment.

T.O. is putting himself in Michael Vicks shoes and myself personally, if we took the fans out of the equation, I think T.O. is right to feel the way he does. I wouldn't want to be sitting across from the man if I was the commissioner and be looking into his face and visibly see what this has done to the man and then hand him down more of a punishment.

He's been punished enough, let him play.

Every player, coach and fan has an opinion on the Michael Vick situation. This is nothing more than the media stirring the pot to make more T.O. headlines. Controversial ones at that. Imagine that. Ha

ESPN needs new headlines for sportscenter tomorrow.

He's been punished enough, let him play.

Skooby, you have been beating this drum for some time now, so there is no surprise to see you started this thread. I seriously doubt anyone has changed their mind on this.

ESPN will soon morph this into "TO Blasts Edwards, Wants Vick as QB" headline.

I wouldn't be surprised

Skooby, you have been beating this drum for some time now, so there is no surprise to see you started this thread. I seriously doubt anyone has changed their mind on this.

kinda funny when you think about it, though...someone whose handle is the name of a famous dog can't seem to get off his knees for a dog-killing scumbag

Guest dog14787
I wouldn't be surprised

kinda funny when you think about it, though...someone whose handle is the name of a famous dog can't seem to get off his knees for a dog-killing scumbag

The nations fairly divided on this issue and not to make light of what Vick has done, but did you read this article I posted awhile back.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_...gfighting_raids

Apparently this problem goes much deeper than Michael Vick.

I think that the punishment of losing everything and being in prison was pretty steep to start with but guys like you still think that hanging him forever is the best idea. I have a dog at the house and would be very angry if anything like this ever happened to him but in all honesty, people need examples of how far even the mightest can fall when they do stupid things. Vick fell pretty down with everything, it's time to let the man work.

Every player, coach and fan has an opinion on the Michael Vick situation. This is nothing more than the media stirring the pot to make more T.O. headlines. Controversial ones at that. Imagine that. Ha

It's a dog eat dog world.

ESPN will soon morph this into "TO Blasts Edwards, Wants Vick as QB" headline.

:blink::unsure:

I wouldn't mind Vick being in Buffalo at all. It would have to be for the Vet's minimum though. We all know that Vick has the arm strength to throw the ball through the wind that swirls in the Ralph, but I don't want him as a our starter. For the "Wildcat" and an occasional throw when he's in there in the formation. It would be another wrinkle that teams would have to gameplan for giving us less predictability on offense.

:blink::unsure:

I wouldn't mind Vick being in Buffalo at all. It would have to be for the Vet's minimum though. We all know that Vick has the arm strength to throw the ball through the wind that swirls in the Ralph, but I don't want him as a our starter. For the "Wildcat" and an occasional throw when he's in there in the formation. It would be another wrinkle that teams would have to gameplan for giving us less predictability on offense.

How about returning punts for the league min?

I think that the punishment of losing everything and being in prison was pretty steep to start with but guys like you still think that hanging him forever is the best idea. I have a dog at the house and would be very angry if anything like this ever happened to him but in all honesty, people need examples of how far even the mightest can fall when they do stupid things. Vick fell pretty down with everything, it's time to let the man work.

There are plenty of professions that won't allow convicted felons in. The NFL has the largest public image of any sports league in the world and NEEDS to be one of those professions. Let that piece of crap cook fries for a living...why should the league's public image suffer because this scumbag dropped out of college?

There are plenty of people who'd like to see Vick slaughtered the way he slaughtered their pets and while I can't blame them, my stance has always been to let him fade into anonymity. Anyone low enough to slaughter dogs like a coward and steal pets from little kids and slaughter them as well doesn't deserve any public recognition.

Anyone who can support this scumbag has some serious issues.

Guest dog14787
With all due respect, PFT seems to be a little off today. First referring to Maybin as a holdout, now raising this speculation, which is very much off base from what I know.

jw

I agree