another Travis Henry trade thought

OnTheRocks

lets say the Bills were unable to get a second rounder for Travis Henry giving them two 2nd rounders.

would you rather keep two 2nds or would you trade them together for a late first?

108728[/snapback]

If we trade Henry for one second rounder for a third and keep the fisrt second pick we will have two first rounders ,soooo we can trade the first first rounder and keep the second for a extra third, therfore we would have two second picks for the first two rounders unableing us three third picks for nine 9th rounders,thus giving us a total of 15 picks late in the first round,which we could trade them together giving us an extra pick in the forth round, thus giving us picks in the fifth and seventh of the first five rounds which we traded Henry for in the first place,oooooor we could.............ahhh fuk it!

If we trade Henry for one second rounder for a third and keep the fisrt second pick we will have two first rounders ,soooo we can trade the first first rounder and keep the second for a extra third, therfore we would have two second picks for the first two rounders unableing us three third picks for nine 9th rounders,thus giving us a total of 15 picks late in the first  round,which we could trade them together giving us an extra pick in the forth round, thus giving us picks in the fifth and seventh of the first five  rounds which we traded Henry for in the first place,oooooor we could.............ahhh fuk it!

108766[/snapback]

Smart ass. So he mistyped a bit....

I think it depends on the players out there and don't know enough whether this is going to be a deep draft in areas we need help.... If you can get the player(s) you want, then you deal (up or down). I'd be pretty psyched to have two 2nd rounders. I tend to think that skill players in the top of the first round are not worth the risk for the $$ and I'm thrilled our first rounders from the last couple years seem to have real talent.

Smart ass.  So he mistyped a bit....

I think it depends on the players out there and don't know enough whether this is going to be a deep draft in areas we need help....  If you can get the player(s) you want, then you deal (up or down).  I'd be pretty psyched to have two 2nd rounders.  I tend to think that skill players in the top of the first round are not worth the risk for the $$ and I'm thrilled our first rounders from the last couple years seem to have real talent.

108776[/snapback]

Your post is imo totally correct. The problem is that there is not a GM in his right mind who would pony up a 2nd for Travis. A 4th would be great.

Your post is imo totally correct. The problem is that there is not a GM in his right mind who would pony up a 2nd for Travis. A 4th would be great.

108782[/snapback]

And yet we gave up a first for Drew Bledsoe and received a first for Peerless Price. Never underestimate the stupidity of our fellow man. These are the people who sign guys like Tim Dwight, after all.

108782[/snapback]

I think other teams' offers will similarly be determined by their needs and the players available. If, for instance a salary-cap-strapped team has an okay RB, and no depth, TH might be a very good fit for them if the only ones in the draft look either too expensive or risky in the pros.

the bengals BEARLY got a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon from a team loaded with draft picks. Right now, Travis, god-love-him, is hardly worth a 3rd. If we're lucky.

the bengals BEARLY got a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon from a team loaded with draft picks.  Right now, Travis, god-love-him, is hardly worth a 3rd.  If we're lucky.

108801[/snapback]

Are you talking about me?

We can get a second.

It's pointless arguing about it. We won't know till it happens.

lets say the Bills were able to get a second rounder for Travis Henry giving them two 2nd rounders.

would you rather keep two 2nds or would you trade them together for a late first?

108728[/snapback]

ok...ok...wisenhiemers..

i edited my post .... and hour late...but i got it done. :w00t:

Just don't let it happen again OnTheRocks! :w00t: I've been thinking all along we'll get a 2nd, 3rd at the worst. Actually though, If I'm not offered at least a 2nd I'd keep him as a back up, unless he refused to play or something like that.

Keep the two 2nd rounders

Bills may have many needs

OT - Jennings may be gone

OG - Lawrence Smith and Ryan Tucker aren't cutting it which may be why the coaching staff has used Bannan at guard

C - Trey Teague isn't perfoming at a high enough level

CB - Troy Vincent may move to S, McGee is better as a nickel corner, Thomas is a free agent, Greer ? Clements contract is up after 2005

WR - Moulds contract may be too high, Reed appears to be a bust Aiken has not shown much of anything yet

S - Milloy is getting older, Wire may be a bust, Prioleau may get cut Vincent may stay at CB

QB - Bledsoe or Matthews may be gone

RB - Henry will be gone, Who knows about Burns or Shaud Williams as quality backups to McGahee

LB - anybody notice Posey this season

K- Lindell struggles with kicks over 40yrds and with kickoffs

DT - Williams contract is up, Edwards contract may be up, Bannan may move to guard, I haven't seen Anderson take a snap yet this season

I'd say that if someone offered a pick near the top of the third round, we should trade Travis away. Shaud Williams looks like he'll be a good RB, so between him, McGahee, and Burns, we'll be set at RB.

A few weeks ago, I'd have said to use the Travis pick on our OL. Now, though, our OL looks just fine. So I'd say we need to do something about our secondary instead.

dosn't travis have a appealing saary cap though?i think we can get a 2nd rounder for him.he will obviuosly want to be out to prove to his new team that he is a #1 back.he will probably have a good work ethic and if willis dosn't get hurt this year travis will be well rested and fully healed.i think travis can be very appealing to a team that needs runningback help.go bills

the bengals BEARLY got a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon from a team loaded with draft picks.  Right now, Travis, god-love-him, is hardly worth a 3rd.  If we're lucky.

108801[/snapback]

You have got to remember that the market for Corey was not very good as NE was the only team interested. Unlike the Peerless Price trade where the WR market favored PP. It all depends on the market, Late 1st rounder (28-32) to early fourth rounder. Hopefully, the market is good.

108801[/snapback]

the bengal bears?!?!

i could barely imagine that... :w00t:

or are the bengals too chicago bears-like!??!

OK, put this in front of you: We don't have Willis McGahee, but we have all our picks, 1-7, would you trade your 2nd round pick for him? I probably would, unless a quality back happened to be available. We'll just have to wait and see what other teams will need......................