another Travis Henry trade thought

OnTheRocks

You have got to remember that the market for Corey was not very good as NE was the only team interested.  Unlike the Peerless Price trade where the WR market favored PP.  It all depends on the market, Late 1st rounder (28-32) to early fourth rounder.  Hopefully, the market is good.

108942[/snapback]

Actually, Oakland was interested in Dillon too. They were only willing to give up a 3rd for Dillon, and Cinci wanted a second.

I think if it were a younger Travis Henry who isn't known as a head case in that same situation, Oakland would have given up a second.

I think there will be similar interest this year. We would have to be very lucky (find a very desperate team) to get a first round pick, but I think a second rounder is what the asking price is.

I also don't think TD has to bluff anyone. If the team decides they want a second, they can either get it or keep a very good, very cheap backup RB.

Another knock against Dillon is that he was very vocal about not wanting to play in Cinci, and he had a much higher salary than Travis. Cinci had to get rid of him, and I think if NE hadn't come around, Oakland would have gotten him for a 3rd sooner or later.

He was also coming off an injury.

Really everyone shouldn't be comparing these two guys. Very different situations.

If I were Tom Donahoe and had two second round draft choices, I would stand pat and use them both in the draft rather than trade. I don't think Buffalo needs any more potential stars. They need solid players who can start, especially on both lines. If it looks like Tucker is the answer at left guard and somehow Jennings is re-signed, then Buffalo could afford to go defensive line. While Kelsay seems to be developing nicely and Schobel is a solid player, I still don't think Buffalo is ever going to get a lot out of Ryan Denney or Keith McKenzie. Ritzman is a rookie FA who has some upside, but if he was any kind of lock to develop he'd have been a draft pick. Buffalo has depth now at DT, but Adams and Williams are both on the plus side of thirty.